• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2015 Recruiting Target List

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darrell Taylor is still 100% (14 of 14) on the crystal ball to VT, but it sounds like he will announce for Tenn tonight. Eerily similar to the Clelin Ferrell situation where he was almost a lock to VT until we get news the day before that he is not, and something has changed his mind in the last few days. VT is the only place Taylor has visited recently, and he really enjoyed it, but Tenn visited him in the past week or so and must have offered him something we can't?

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrell Taylor is still 100% (14 of 14) on the crystal ball to VT, but it sounds like he will announce for Tenn tonight. Eerily similar to the Clelin Ferrell situation where he was almost a lock to VT until we get news the day before that he is not, and something has changed his mind in the last few days. VT is the only place Taylor has visited recently, and he really enjoyed it, but Tenn visited him in the past week or so and must have offered him something we can't?

Along with our performance vs. ECU and GT, I feel like I could write this script. Somehow the biggest fish always seem to wiggle off our lines. Even the ones we thought we had on ice and in the boat (Hand anyone?).

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly a Tenn insider twitter person tweeted that Taylor will commit to VT tonight. Posted that message about 14 hours ago. Guess it's a wait and see.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does announce for UT, I will be interested in the reasoning.

First thing that comes to mind a would once again be how heavily we are recruiting the position/depth chart and the recent flip of Fullwood?? It does seem awfully coincidental that all this talk has started just since Fullwood committed anyway.

Then again, that logic just never makes sense to me considering recruits who use that bs excuse have to realize that there will be major competition wherever you go.... Certainly at an SEC school like Tennessee. Teams like that often have 4 star guys in the 3 deep...

We'll see what happens tonight, but I am still optimistic he will choose the good guys. We should keep an eye on the crystal balls (which is a bit of a joke IMO). If he is going to flip, we will likely know 2-3 hours before he announces...

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor situation definitely seems fishy. Like Sparks said, if he doesn't pick VT, I will be very interested to hear the reasoning. I'd still expect the staff to stay in his ear. I believe I read on 247 last night that he'd be getting a visit from someone from VT today

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on "Tech doesn't have a sport marketing degree".

We really need to get one of those, seems like Personal Finance and Personal Property Management just aren't cutting it.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on "Tech doesn't have a sport marketing degree".

We really need to get one of those, seems like Personal Finance and Personal Property Management just aren't cutting it.

Was it Kirven who gave that excuse? Kirven would probably be a starter for VT....as an offensive tackle.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Kirven who gave that excuse? Kirven would probably be a starter for VT....as an offensive tackle.

Kirven has flirted with 3rd (and 4th) string this year, and had been passed on the depth chart by guys his age or younger. Hope that degree outshines the Alabama recruiting lights

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirven has flirted with 3rd (and 4th) string this year, and had been passed on the depth chart by guys his age or younger. Hope that degree outshines the Alabama recruiting lights

I'd much rather have a degree from VT than Bama...

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather have a degree from VT than Bama...

I'd much rather have (anything from the Commonwealth of Virginia) than (anything from the failed state of Alabama).

It's not like Virginia is so GD great, but it is better in all respects to Alabama... and this now includes coastal water purity (thanks BP!).

Also, HoHum, I think it was Hand who said that right after he got back from his romantic getaway to Michigan...

... and then he eventually committed to Alabama.

When he got back from Michigan he was all "fuck Tech, not going there because (blah, blah, blah)" when all he had said before that was "Tech is awesome, they have my favorite coaches, I'm so going there, book it, my word is my bond, etc., etc."

I mean... I'm not like... bitter or holding a grudge or anything.

(but fuck that guy)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen and Hand are listed as 1st and 2nd string respectively on yahoo sports. Man, wish we could've gotten one of those guys.

Kirven... Well he was nowhere in sight. The official Roll Ride website still lists him on the roster, so I guess he is still there. At least in body and in mind...

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like switching out of the blue days before you sign to a school you haven't even visited.

Really wonder what happened here. Unfortunately we seem to be on the ass end of a growing number of these situations

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA!! And as predicted, the Crystal Ballz on 247 are shifting to the Vols as well.
Not sure what happened here... Moving on.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Fullwood committing have scared him off? Strange turn of events to say the least.

But, at the same time, not entirely unexpected. We were due one of these for the 2015 class.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Fullwood committing have scared him off? Strange turn of events to say the least.

But, at the same time, not entirely unexpected. We were due one of these for the 2015 class.

True... It happens, but not much different than Clelin Ferrell who committed to Clemson seemingly outta nowhere after what many thought to be a pretty heavy VT lean. Or the Barnett kid who was ALL VT all the way.

Oh well, There are still plenty of big fish on the radar, let's hope we can get some.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnett by the way signed an early enrollment with UGa after being committed to VT, then Bama, then FSU. He was reported to be signing financial aid/enrollment paperwork with FSU this morning... Only to pull a shocker and sign an early agreement with UGa instead.

"My godmother is a Georgia fan." Lmao. This guy is Jaason Lewis lite. Glad we took a step back after he decommitted.

4-Star DE Michael Barnett Flips Commitment from Florida State to Georgia | Bleacher Report

:juggle:

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee. Uneffing real :L