• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2015 Recruiting Target List

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid looked pretty good in his Hudl highlight film....reminds me of Macho Harris. He may be recruited as a DB to get him in the door, but I woudn't be surprised if he'd be placed at WR first.

I don't think we'd do that. If they offer him as a CB, that's where he'll start. Now, he may not stay there. But I think this kid would actually.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'd do that. If they offer him as a CB, that's where he'll start. Now, he may not stay there. But I think this kid would actually.

Agree, TG is recruiting bigger DBs and if he has got the skill that's where he should play. It is great he has the versatility to play on Offense as well.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I put this in the 2016 thread with a certain WR in mind, but it now sounds like it belongs here. Not sure who yet. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>INsider: Could one <a href="">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this in the 2016 thread with a certain WR in mind, but it now sounds like it belongs here. Not sure who yet. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>INsider: Could one <a href="">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If it is a 2015 commit, then my guess is Gaines.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it is a 2015 commit, then my guess is Gaines.

Looks like you're right. That is who is being discussed. From what I can gather he may lose his offer if he visits Vandy this weekend. Despite the fact that it is a position of need I don't blame the coaches one bit if they pull his offer. However, Hokiehaven seems to jump the gun more often than most sites and it could be that nothing will come of this.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you're right. That is who is being discussed. From what I can gather he may lose his offer if he visits Vandy this weekend. Despite the fact that it is a position of need I don't blame the coaches one bit if they pull his offer. However, Hokiehaven seems to jump the gun more often than most sites and it could be that nothing will come of this.

Yet, it is odd how vocal Gaines has been on twitter supporting the Hokies and "recruiting" the past few weeks.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H

No doubt. I hope he reconsiders and does not visit Vandy. He would be stupid to.

From what I have heard, Wiles showed him huge love, much more than anyone else, visiting him often, and even the night before his eventual announcement to Florida, a school he hadn't truly heard from or visited in a long while. Despite walking away from that situation with major blue balls, Wiles still continued to show him love. Sounds like the only person who has really shown him much. I am not sure if he even has offers from the in-state schools.

Now he wants to continue to shop around??? Fuck that.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just landed in GA.. Next stops Nashville, Tennessee.. ✈️</p>&mdash; Houshun Gaines (@HZGduoUno) <a href="">January 16, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just landed in GA.. Next stops Nashville, Tennessee.. ✈️</p>&mdash; Houshun Gaines (@HZGduoUno) <a href="">January 16, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Coaches are visiting Taylor today....if only they can flip him.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy VANDY I guess....

Remind me someone... Was it Jawand Blue (flipping to the U) and Charley Wiles involved in the infamous phone call??

Yeah... Starting to think we have another one of those situations...

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's a little bit of a slap in the face, given his earlier mishap with Florida. The time to take your visits is BEFORE you commit. I'd be disappointed with him if he changed his mind now.

I'd expect some strong words next week about him still being committed to VT. That said, VT is free to look around as well. If a commit continues to look at other schools, their offer should become a soft one rather than a hard one.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He might just be taking a free trip, however.

Like with those condo trips for a free vacation and a toaster. Sometimes people make costly mistakes on those trips, though.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This isn't new news, but figured I'd put it here<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trent Levell. Trent Levell

No other major offers so we may have a chance. Definitely has a mean streak, as seen on the first play of his highlight tape, lol.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2997953/highlights/166162377' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="">January 16, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was Blue. He got booted from Miami for a gang r*pe. If Gaines goes to Vandy, he will lose his scholarship here. As much as I know we need DE bodies I can't argue honestly.

Blue showed he didn't have any character by the way he handled his recruitment, so it wasn't all that surprising when his lack of character showed up later at Miami. He actually saved VT some grief by going somewhere else.

The VT coaches already showed generosity by giving Gaines a second chance, so if they told him they'd withdraw it if he went to Vandy, then he should have listened. I don't know if that's the case or not.

You can teach skills, but the student has to show up with character.

History proves you do better with recruits who actually want to be at your school.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It turned out to be a good thing Blue flipped.

I agree wrt HG. He has been jerking the staff around waaay to much.