• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2015 Recruiting Target List

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uPNJz9qxypI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uPNJz9qxypI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great vid - thanks for sharing. Looks like it is wide open for qb next year...

I like his enthusiasm with trying to get others on board with Cager. You never know!

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class is closing nicely. A pair of 4* this weekend is great news. Great job by our staff closing the deal on some quality players.

"Between him, Ford, and Durkin, one of those has to work out." <--- I sure hope so. I'd rather not have another year of Brewer. The young man is tough but does not have much of an arm.

We are going to have another year of Brewer regardless, but I am sure Loeffler will create some packages for one of these others. I foresee a position change for Durkin unless he turns out to be the better passer and Motely is probably the odd man out. I'd be surprised if Lawson could make an impact next season.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some sort clips of Lawson. Apparently he had several other beautiful deep balls dropped by WRs, and several other nice runs. I said a while back based on his senior highlights that I thought he threw a beautiful and accurate deep ball, which is something Brewer doesn't have.

I saw Lawson in the last minute before halftime. He had a couple of great throws that should have been caught...great trajectory and arc allowing the receiver to adjust...throws I haven't seen Brewer make all year. But there is no way Lawson comes in July and takes the QB job as a true freshman.

BTW, Mook Reynolds looked real good too. He had a couple PI calls go against him that were really just great coverage. Mook reminds me of Kendall Fuller.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Lawson in the last minute before halftime. He had a couple of great throws that should have been caught...great trajectory and arc allowing the receiver to adjust...throws I haven't seen Brewer make all year. But there is no way Lawson comes in July and takes the QB job as a true freshman.

BTW, Mook Reynolds looked real good too. He had a couple PI calls go against him that were really just great coverage. Mook reminds me of Kendall Fuller.

I would agree he will not start against Ohio State but I don't necessarily know if he will redshirt. If he comes in with the ability but just needs some time, I think we could see him get some time against the other OOC foes and get an opportunity. It is my belief that if anyone else besides Brewer starts against tOSU, it will be Ford.

If Lawson was coming in early, I think he would have a chance to start next year.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawson and Mook Looked great. Fullwood needs a little more time to fill out but flashed a bit. I really wish we would have gotten Taylor. He is going to be really good.

Hopefully, the coaches continue to recruit Taylor until the last minute. Tennessee is going to be damn good when we play them in Bristol.....they'll probably be a top 10 team.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to have another year of Brewer regardless, but I am sure Loeffler will create some packages for one of these others. I foresee a position change for Durkin unless he turns out to be the better passer and Motely is probably the odd man out. I'd be surprised if Lawson could make an impact next season.

I don't know if I necessarily agree. Beamer seemed very much in Leal's court through the Spring and into the Fall. But in the end, he parted with his stubborn tendency and supported the better qb at the end of Fall.

As a result, I think if Dawson has a good Fall practice and can pick things up fast you could see another freshman having considerable playing time as TT had in 2007. It's not like the offensive staff can do no wrong here, they know they have to produce to be retained in 2016. Next year is no joke....do or die for some of this staff IMHO.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, the coaches continue to recruit Taylor until the last minute. Tennessee is going to be damn good when we play them in Bristol.....they'll probably be a top 10 team.

Its the SEC, they will have 12 teams in the top 10 by then...

That being said, they will be a much improved team.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that Cager's recruitment is not over. If he flips, its most likely to Bama but we aren't 100% out

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawson ultimately redshirts. It should be an wide ass open competition but I doubt it truly is. Ford looked just as good as Brewer and Motley last summer imo and he redshirted. Lawson, while he has great potential, doesn't look quite as good as Ford did to me based on Lawson's YT highlights and the game last night. I just doubt they throw a true freshman out there to start the year. I think the competition will be between Ford, Brewer, and Motley (really just Ford and Brewer imo) but that's still a few months away.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawson ultimately redshirts. It should be an wide ass open competition but I doubt it truly is. Ford looked just as good as Brewer and Motley last summer imo and he redshirted. Lawson, while he has great potential, doesn't look quite as good as Ford did to me based on Lawson's YT highlights and the game last night. I just doubt they throw a true freshman out there to start the year. I think the competition will be between Ford, Brewer, and Motley (really just Ford and Brewer imo) but that's still a few months away.

For some reason I missed some of the announcements around our OC being extended until 2016. As a result, I will retract my "do or die" statement about the offense. As long as CFB Beamer's health is not a critical issue it is safe to assume that all of the assistants will probably remain in tact until then. As a result, with more time being allowed for some people contract wise, I could see someone like Dawson likely being redshirted.

As an aside - I had a chance to meet Ford and some of the players around the time of the Spring Game last year (randomly walking in front of Cassel). His teammates (Rogers, Byrn, Maddy, etc.) seemed to really respect him and I will be interested to see how he developed over a years time at the upcoming Spring Game.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I missed some of the announcements around our OC being extended until 2016. As a result, I will retract my "do or die" statement about the offense. As long as CFB Beamer's health is not a critical issue it is safe to assume that all of the assistants will probably remain in tact until then. As a result, with more time being allowed for some people contract wise, I could see someone like Dawson likely being redshirted.

As an aside - I had a chance to meet Ford and some of the players around the time of the Spring Game last year (randomly walking in front of Cassel). His teammates (Rogers, Byrn, Maddy, etc.) seemed to really respect him and I will be interested to see how he developed over a years time at the upcoming Spring Game.

Well, to be fair, they are only extended through next season. Leoffler's contract expires June 30 2016 which means he gets next season and then his future will be decided again.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the thoughts on Victor Alexander? How likely is he to even decommit from UCLA, let alone commit to the good guys?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Relatively good from what I've read. There is also a rumor that Jim Mora is interviewing for the Jets job. If he leaves for the NFL and Alexander is as good as ours I think. Florida may also be in the mix but don'tThink that they have offered.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Late offer. He says we offered as a CB. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="">January 7, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is like being a made man when DBU extends you an offer to play in their defensive backfield.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid looked pretty good in his Hudl highlight film....reminds me of Macho Harris. He may be recruited as a DB to get him in the door, but I woudn't be surprised if he'd be placed at WR first.