• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suspicious:

Mark Giannotto ‏@HokiesJournal
Whoa. OL signed letter of intent with #UVa. RT @Jack_McDonald73: Switching my commitment to Virginia tech gunna be a #Hokie #9peat

Edit:
There ya go. High school prank is all ... RT @Jack_McDonald73: That was not me, someone was on my twitter. I'm a cavalier!!! #GoHoos

Nevermind....Jack won't be laughing when he gets to Hooville though.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suspicious:

Whoa. OL signed letter of intent with #UVa. RT @Jack_McDonald73: Switching my commitment to Virginia tech gunna be a #Hokie #9peat

Edit:
There ya go. High school prank is all ... RT @Jack_McDonald73: That was not me, someone was on my twitter. I'm a cavalier!!! #GoHoos

Nevermind....Jack won't be laughing when he gets to Hooville though.

Giadoofus got trolled.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another walk on!!

Anthony Davis
Wide Receiver, Outside Linebacker
Saxtons River, VT (Vermont Academy)
Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 205

Says he was at Churchill High in Potomac, MD before he transferred to Vermont so I guess he has sort of a local connection to VT.

My only question is why did he decide to walk-on at VT? (not that I'm complaining obviously)
Because according to Rivals, he has offers from Colorado, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Wake Forest and Washington. 247 only reports a Indiana offer.
I just thought it was interesting that he would choose to walk-on at VT instead of taking a scholarship, even if it is at a school like Indiana.
Maybe he grew up a VT fan or something.

He has highlights on Hudl and youtube. (Sorry can't post the links because I don't have 10 posts yet.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his highlight video says 4.4 speed with a 37" vertical. It didn't look like 4.4 speed to me, but it can be harder to tell with long striders.

Any time you can get a kid with potential without having to use a scholarship, that's goodness... :)

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another walk on!!

Anthony Davis
Wide Receiver, Outside Linebacker
Saxtons River, VT (Vermont Academy)
Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 205

Says he was at Churchill High in Potomac, MD before he transferred to Vermont so I guess he has sort of a local connection to VT.

My only question is why did he decide to walk-on at VT? (not that I'm complaining obviously)
Because according to Rivals, he has offers from Colorado, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Wake Forest and Washington. 247 only reports a Indiana offer.
I just thought it was interesting that he would choose to walk-on at VT instead of taking a scholarship, even if it is at a school like Indiana.
Maybe he grew up a VT fan or something.

He has highlights on Hudl and youtube. (Sorry can't post the links because I don't have 10 posts yet.
Maybe he got confused and thought VT meant Vermont.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
^btw that was the 5000th comment and nearly 270k views of this thread.

JDVT5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one else see that DJ Reid is up to 220? He claims he still has the same speed though.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remember Michael Parker (Top 10 in VA, Kettle Run)?? Honestly, I kinda forgot about him...but he STILL hasn't signed anywhere. Wonder what is up with that. I am starting to think that there is no hope of him qualifying, that no one wants him (because of major red flags on attitude)..or BOTH.

Also, looks like Christian Reeves' landing spot is at W & M. Good luck to him.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/insiders/2...oks-for-playing-time-at-wm-and-updated-lists/

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remember Michael Parker (Top 10 in VA, Kettle Run)?? Honestly, I kinda forgot about him...but he STILL hasn't signed anywhere. Wonder what is up with that. I am starting to think that there is no hope of him qualifying, that no one wants him (because of major red flags on attitude)..or BOTH.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/insiders/2...oks-for-playing-time-at-wm-and-updated-lists/

Both

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Derrick Green really 245 lbs? Unless he's the next version of Jerome (did you know he's from Detroit?) Bettis, I can't imagine him holding up at that weight.

What is the latest on Holland Fisher?

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is quite a big back. I have no doubts about that 245 number. He picked the right school. He'll play behind a great o-line and run against middling defenses IF he plays. He lacks a burst and I see that preventing him from ever being the #1 guy at UM.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joke on the name but we just got a late 2013 commit from TE Kalvin Cline out of Florida. He's big (6'5" 225) and I know nothing about him but VTScoop (247) broke and confirms it.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joke on the name but we just got a late 2013 commit from TE Kalvin Cline out of Florida. He's big (6'5" 225) and I know nothing about him but 247 confirms it.

does he have a video highlight anywhere

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cline was a basketball player who only played one year of football and was planning to attempt to walk-on at Miami. Basketball players have turned into some really good TE's lately....Jimmy Graham is the prime example. Gates and Gonzo were basketball players as well. Cline looks like a good athlete on film....could be the "freak" we've been looking for to play the TE position.

Andy Bitter‏@AndyBitterVT
Pletcher said Kline was 6-4, 215 pounds last April. He's 240 pounds today. "Fell in love with the weight room," Pletcher said.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
watched his film .. one year only or not -- looks more athletic than any other TE that we have on the roster ... hell of a steal