• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

BornaHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I meant from VMI. sorry I know a coach there. Isn't Dillion suppose to visit on the 25th?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kicking AT a car...not even touching it. Way to get those bad guys big fella

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His recruiter at VMI is Greg Harris but Greg Shockley, the special teams coach, came to the school as well. He is a VA TECH alumnae. Really nice guy. As far as Dillon visiting Tech before signing day, well in December and January Newsome told Dillon he would have an official visit and even gave him to weekends to choose from. Dillon told him the 25th and he said he just had to clear it with Beamer. Right before he left he told him no official visit. All the coaching changes were going on and who knows what else but in a weeks time everything he told us changed. Now we have no contact because Cavanaugh was the number Curt gave us and now he is retiring. I guess he just fell thru the cracks or they just aren't interested anymore. I don't know, but it was pretty disheartening to be led on for so long and then just dropped like we never existed. Like I said before I do understand it is a business and a numbers game. However looking at the depth chart I would think they would want Dillon unless they are hot on someone else now.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind if Branthover got the boot to make from for Dillon.

BornaHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Known Greg Shockley since he was a young child, no finer person in the coaching profession. If VT doesn't contact Dillion I hope he will consider VMI's offer, I know Greg will take good care of him.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm glad Dylan was offered a full ride from somewhere at least. If you're still waiting to hear back from Cav, I've heard that he won't be retiring. Just my two cents but I'd want to hear something more concrete. If they have nothing to offer, it is what it is but I'd hope that you'd at least get an answer as to whether there is a preferred walk on offer or any offer on the table.

Virginia Tech Department of Athletics ..about halfway down

I'd start calling coach Cav, coach Stinespring (recruiting coordinator), coach Cornell brown (Hampton roads recruiter) and coach frank Beamer (hc and special teams) ... At this point, I'd say you would get a call back from someone, in the least. Would just explain that youre not sure where Dillon stands amd would like to know. Fwiw, with coaching changes, admin changes, and signing day coming up, I'd think this has slipped through the cracks. If it were me and my son, I'd call (if there were still interest on my end)

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, but the mandatory commissioning was not something Dillon wanted to do. You do not have to take a commission at VMI. In fact, most don't.

correct .. no commissioning requirement at VMI, just a service commitment (part-time in National Guard or Army Reserves) ... well worth a free ride in college and the opportunity to serve your country.

Of course if it is a purely athletic/academic scholarship, not sure if any service commitment is required (not sure about that).

In retrospect, it's an option I wish I had looked at instead of going straight into the USN as an enlisted.

Last edited by a moderator:

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
correct .. no commissioning requirement at VMI, just a service commitment (part-time in National Guard or Army Reserves) ... well worth a free ride in college and the opportunity to serve your country.

Of course if it is a purely athletic/academic scholarship, not sure if any service commitment is required (not sure about that).

In retrospect, it's an option I wish I had looked at instead of going straight into the USN as an enlisted.

There is no service requirement. It's a full athletic scholarship. Only real cost is that dang 3rd year ring!!! Have you seen those rings?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per twitter, Facyson checked in at 6'2", 173. Parker Osterloh 6'8", 301. Carlis Parker 6'3", 180.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per twitter, Facyson checked in at 6'2", 173. Parker Osterloh 6'8", 301. Carlis Parker 6'3", 180.

also Jonathan McLaughlin came in at 6'4.5", 310. Some big boys on the line.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
little lighter than I was hoping for Parker, but he's got time to put on some good weight.

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few interesting articles from the Wash Post:

washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/virginia-tech-football-staff-shakeup-could-re-invigorate-hokies-recruiting/2013/01/22/1767bd12-64b9-11e2-9e1b-07db1d2ccd5b_story.html

washingtonpost.com/sports/taquan-mizzells-virginia-recruiting-trip-ends-in-arrest/2013/01/21/fd274234-6408-11e2-85f5-a8a9228e55e7_story.html

I hope that our new blood on the coaching staff will continue our recruiting trend upwards, with a O-Coordinator who used to play QB and an O-Line coach who seems to recruit well throughout the country, and a former SB winning receiver on staff in addition to Shane, and not to mention Stiny we have a solid recruiting group who I hope can pull some good recruits in the future.

Now on to "Smoke" I always wanted him to come to VT, now it looks like he might not want to commit to UVA I could see him going to WVU, but not VT. Any thoughts?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
little lighter than I was hoping for Parker, but he's got time to put on some good weight.

That's about what I expected. He's always going to be lean for a QB. 6'3 200lbs (what I would project him in a few years) would be plenty big at flanker if that's where he ends up. I wouldn't want him getting much bigger than that at either spot though because it would probably take away from that deadly quickness of his.

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was just arressted on a DIP while trying to kick moving vechicles. I am just speculating here...46&2 do you think he is still a solid verbal to UVA?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was just arressted on a DIP while trying to kick moving vechicles. I am just speculating here...46&2 do you think he is still a solid verbal to UVA?

Yeah. I mean he has no history, and got a little too drunk on his OV. He will be on a short leash but this is minor stuff, IMO. he still loves UVA, and they won't boot him for that.