• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's your point? Pretty sure we currently have 0 place kickers (and 1 punter) on scholarship. Journell lost his scholy and I don't think it was ever reinstated. A preferred walk-on offer is not a scholarship unless you win the job, so that just takes us back to 1 and 1 like you said with whoever wins the job.

Pretty sure the only reason Journell lost it was because of the incident he had with the law. Usually there is 1 for each. My point is that scholarships are usually limited to 1 kicker and 1 punter so it's good to be realistic with your expectations if you're looking for a scholarship. On top of that Beamer usually has them earn it while at VT not straight out of HS

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I trolling now you dumb fuck asshole? How in the fuck did you get to be a mod with your fucking biases?

You are literally going after the mom of a potential recruit. You are doing it in your typical passive-aggressive way but it is still a total dick move.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I trolling now you dumb fuck asshole? How in the fuck did you get to be a mod with your fucking biases?

If you don't like me as a mod, go to TSL. Others don't seem to have a problem with me and I doubt if you are really good for site traffic.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you don't like me as a mod, go to TSL. Others don't seem to have a problem with me and I doubt if you are really good for site traffic.

I usually stay in 2 or 3 threads on here. I doubt I'm doing much harm and I also doubt that the VT fans that disagree with me on here are representative of the VT fan base on the whole. Look around at all the talk about wanting coaching changes.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching changes happened.

This is a fun community where we enjoy talking about the Hokies but don't obsess about it. The key word is "FUN" in that last sentence. Chill the F out and quit antagonizing EVERYBODY!

There are other forums for people like you. I have seen them, and I avoid them because I find them childish. Everyone here has perspective and other shit going on in their lives and simply enjoy having a place to chill and talk and not take things too damn seriously.

Go To TSL. They will love you. I really don't think this is the place for you.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually stay in 2 or 3 threads on here. I doubt I'm doing much harm and I also doubt that the VT fans that disagree with me on here are representative of the VT fan base on the whole. Look around at all the talk about wanting coaching changes.

:stfu:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Coaching changes happened.

This is a fun community where we enjoy talking about the Hokies but don't obsess about it. The key word is "FUN" in that last sentence. Chill the F out and quit antagonizing EVERYBODY!

There are other forums for people like you. I have seen them, and I avoid them because I find them childish. Everyone here has perspective and other shit going on in their lives and simply enjoy having a place to chill and talk and not take things too damn seriously.

Go To TSL. They will love you. I really don't think this is the place for you.

You are part of the problem. That much is clear when you interpreted what I said about the kicker scholarships as "going after" somebody. Maybe you need to change

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are part of the problem. That much is clear when you interpreted what I said about the kicker scholarships as "going after" somebody. Maybe you need to change

:wtf:

We all know change was needed. We all agreed on the same basic things. You just take it and drill the coaches non stop about it. We all want a MNC but you constantly bashing Beamer and his approach which has gotten us from nowhere to a NCG is tiring. Bad years happen, we had one, we made changes. Just chill out.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the only reason Journell lost it was because of the incident he had with the law. Usually there is 1 for each. My point is that scholarships are usually limited to 1 kicker and 1 punter so it's good to be realistic with your expectations if you're looking for a scholarship. On top of that Beamer usually has them earn it while at VT not straight out of HS

You don't think Kickermom knows this? She as much as stated this on her "recruiting is a business" post a page or two back. Everyone knows that kickers are rarely granted schollies, especially multiple ones on a given team. No need to rub it in man and further stomp on the hope the Christopher family has. Your rudeness has no boundaries or limitations.

IMO the value of a really good kicker is WAY undervalued. Ask Bowden, John Harbaugh, etc. about that. I would rather they have 3 or 4 recruited scholarship kickers than some of the bums some of these teams pick up, VT included.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"Your rudeness has no boundaries or limitations."

lol What an exaggeration. I look at it the other way. Knowing that there's only 1 kicker chosen for a scholarship at VT it wouldn't feel so bad to be on the outside. Like I said kickers almost always earn it through a preseason or half-season after being a walk-on. Damn if anyone else had said what I did nothing would be made of it

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...On a brighter note, I finally found Carlis Parker's senior highlights:
Statesville High School (NC) Football Hudl Videos - MaxPreps.com

Looks like he definitely improved his arm strength and mechanics. Whether he plays QB or WR for us, he definitely looks like he'll be a tremendous offensive weapon.

Thanks for finding that! I'm impressed, though not through the whole video yet.

Thank god we have new coaches... I can just see Stinespring watching that, salivating, and yelling, "WIDE RECEIVER SCREEN!!!"

Are Parkers senior stats 1200 yrds passing; 959 rushing; 44% completion from Maxpreps accurate?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was anyone else impressed by their running back? Dude is huge and seems pretty explosive for his size. Looks like he is committed to ECU.