• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you on that Fooz. How freaking hard is it to just kick it out of the endzone every time?

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Drew Harris might look elsewhere...College notebook: Virginia Tech, UVa welcome new players - Roanoke.com
There's this: Fork Union coach John Shuman isn't ruling out the possibility of a favorable ruling from the NCAA, despite reports that Harris can't enroll till June

but then this:"It's just come down to the reviewing of the paperwork. It's done and it's been submitted. I know the dad is not happy and he and the high school coach have called other schools."

And 22 hrs ago from twitter:
Drew Harris™‏@Hollacide: Decisions Decisions

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Drew Harris might look elsewhere...College notebook: Virginia Tech, UVa welcome new players - Roanoke.com
There's this: Fork Union coach John Shuman isn't ruling out the possibility of a favorable ruling from the NCAA, despite reports that Harris can't enroll till June

but then this:"It's just come down to the reviewing of the paperwork. It's done and it's been submitted. I know the dad is not happy and he and the high school coach have called other schools."

And 22 hrs ago from twitter:
Drew Harris™‏@Hollacide: Decisions Decisions

You'd think the NCAA would make an exception here -- I wonder what the paperwork screwup was?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you on that Fooz. How freaking hard is it to just kick it out of the endzone every time?

65 yard carry to the endzone, 75 yard carry to the back while still trying to kick it accurately.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think the NCAA would make an exception here -- I wonder what the paperwork screwup was?

Not only does this not sound good for our chances with Harris, but it really sounds like VT admissions is dragging their feet.

-- Tech is involved with a second Fork Union player, running back Drew Harris from Exton, Pa., whose efforts to enroll for the second semester have reached the eleventh hour.

Fork Union coach John Shuman isn't ruling out the possibility of a favorable ruling from the NCAA, despite reports that Harris can't enroll till June.

"He increased his SATs, he got good grades here and now it's a matter of waiting on the [NCAA] clearinghouse," Shuman said. "We realize the deadline for admissions at Tech is next Monday. Academically and everything, he's on track, especially out of Fork Union.

"It's just come down to the reviewing of the paperwork. It's done and it's been submitted. I know the dad is not happy and he and the high school coach have called other schools."

Shuman took a call from a University of Miami coach Tuesday, Rutgers called Wednesday and Temple came into the school to talk with Harris.

"If [the Harrises] want to open it up, that's fine with us," Shuman said. "By chance, if he's not admitted by next Monday, they're wondering, 'What's he going to do for the spring?'

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can't get into VT for the next semester, I dont see how he could get into another school until June either

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no hate towards Abbott, but I don't think that he's earned a scholly yet .. and we sure as hell shouldn't have two PKs on scholly ... Was hoping for Christopher to get in but looking like a long-shot now

It is unfortunate we have been caught in the middle of all these coaching changes and unfortunately Dillon's recruiter has been let go. He did say he left a note on Beamer's desk before he left about Dillon. Dillon would take a preferred walk-on and we did send his kickoff tape with Newsome. Newsome said he and Beamer watched it together and that it was very good. We know he is a low priority at tech but I can tell you he would fight to win that position. You can't teach leg strength and Dillon has it. Regardless we are still doing our due dilligence with the other schools that are actively recruiting Dillon. We still have hope, and we know it's a numbers game so we will just see how it all plays out in the next three weeks. Thanks for all the support on this site!!

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unfortunate we have been caught in the middle of all these coaching changes and unfortunately Dillon's recruiter has been let go. He did say he left a note on Beamer's desk before he left about Dillon. Dillon would take a preferred walk-on and we did send his kickoff tape with Newsome. Newsome said he and Beamer watched it together and that it was very good. We know he is a low priority at tech but I can tell you he would fight to win that position. You can't teach leg strength and Dillon has it. Regardless we are still doing our due dilligence with the other schools that are actively recruiting Dillon. We still have hope, and we know it's a numbers game so we will just see how it all plays out in the next three weeks. Thanks for all the support on this site!!

It must be very difficult for recruits during a coaching change. Hopefully someone from VT will get back in contact with you. We'd love for Dillon to be a hokie!

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Darn, I thought shane was talking about Dillon the other day..

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he hasn't even been given a preferred walk-on offer? That surprises me. Hope it's just that they haven't made up their mind yet between that and a scholy, but it's coming down to the wire.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are Virginia Tech deadlines.

The VT admissions deadline is still a couple days away (Monday). Was there another VT deadline which is already past, or did he have to resubmit something and that won't happen fast enough? Trying to figure out why Shuman would talk about waiting on the NCAA if this is a VT deadline issue...