• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANYWAY

First he said he was going to Inidiana with a linked pic that said "Psych!" then he tweeted "#BEATALBAMA #hokiesforlife #HOKIENATION

Yes. Chill eryone. It was a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the heck does crap like this happen?...is it VT admissions or FUMA screwing something up? You'd think when it comes to football players that there would be someone to back-check applications before its too late.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the heck does crap like this happen?...is it VT admissions or FUMA screwing something up? You'd think when it comes to football players that there would be someone to back-check applications before its too late.

i would hope it doesn't take being a football player to make sure someone gets enrolled in school..

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would hope it doesn't take being a football player to make sure someone gets enrolled in school..

Not that football player are dumb or anything, I was referring more to the importance of getting them on campus when they're supposed to be on campus. Football is such a big part of the university that an application error preventing 4 star players from enrolling is unacceptable. I guarantee you this doesn't happen in #GodsConference.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not VT's fault. I did think fooz was going to beat you to the punch though in posting that.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No .. more the clearinghouse, FUMA, and/or his high school .. VT had nothing to do with it. Though, one would think that VT is keeping tabs on this stuff, reviewing his documentation and making sure it's complete and right ... and not making assumptions.

This is definitely a WTF moment and would be a pretty big deal to me if I were Drew Harris

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No .. more the clearinghouse, FUMA, and/or his high school .. VT had nothing to do with it. Though, one would think that VT is keeping tabs on this stuff, reviewing his documentation and making sure it's complete and right ... and not making assumptions.

This is definitely a WTF moment and would be a pretty big deal to me if I were Drew Harris

Or Frank Beamer. I have to believe he thinks someone was in charge of this.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the latest on Thomas Smith, Woody Baron, and Seth Dooley enrolling? Are Parker and Osterloh enrolling as expected? What did Facyson end up doing (I expect summer there)?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was Smith also at FUMA? I thought he was, but he never seems to be mentioned when I see things about the other FUMA guys (Harris, Wright, McLaughlin)... What is the deal there?

I think this sets us up to be 5 scholarships over the limit in the fall. More if we pull in another commitment or give a scholarship to another walk-on (Abbott?). We'll have to see who preps (Reid? Fisher?), greyshirts (not going to happen with any current commits), or leaves the team (?) to get back to 85.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the latest on Thomas Smith, Woody Baron, and Seth Dooley enrolling? Are Parker and Osterloh enrolling as expected? What did Facyson end up doing (I expect summer there)?

All of them are expected to be EE except for Smith I think.

He was with some family members in North Carolina at a CC, and is expected to enroll in June with Drew Harris.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no hate towards Abbott, but I don't think that he's earned a scholly yet .. and we sure as hell shouldn't have two PKs on scholly ... Was hoping for Christopher to get in but looking like a long-shot now

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no hate towards Abbott, but I don't think that he's earned a scholly yet .. and we sure as hell shouldn't have two PKs on scholly ... Was hoping for Christopher to get in but looking like a long-shot now

Is Journell back on scholly?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I missed it but has Fisher qualified?

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Thomas Smith use up a year of eligibility because he was going to Juco near home?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well, he did kick offs all year as a true freshman. But he's not taking FGs. So I could see the coaches going either way there. Seems like they've decided no scholy for now, but we'll see what the fall holds.

I don't think we're talking 2 PKs on scholy either way. Journell lost his, so as far as I know we have 0 PKs on scholy right now.