• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dillon is still getting looks.
He has had three FGs so far in two games. 33, 34 & 43. All of them off the ground. If we had a line that could block or hold the snap he would have 5 FGs right now. He has kicked at least 5 TBs out of 7 and two were from the 35 since we always seem to get penalized for something. Punts in warm ups are really good, some great - in game not so good...no or very little protection. Luckily we still pulled out the win this week 19 to 12. Yay Menchville. Still hoping VA TECH will need him.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that this could happen. Wang was pulled in the Peay game and Benedict trucked fools ... Painter looked good but overall, I'm not very happy with the left side of our line.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not out of it for Dorian Johnson yet either. I watched a video on Disney where he said he planned to make a decision after the season, and planned to take 3 officials to Pitt, OSU, and VT. Pitt still leads, but their suckage can only work in our favor.

Dorian will be at the VT Pitt game. If we kick major ass, as we should, that can only help VT. Pitt has always been Dorian's #1, so any negativity towards Pitt has to help us.

Our performance on the field does more for recruiting than persuasive coaches can ever do.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he comes to VT, we must pronounce his name in the German accent.

Making the W a V sound is so much more badass

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had three FGs so far in two games. 33, 34 & 43. All of them off the ground. If we had a line that could block or hold the snap he would have 5 FGs right now. He has kicked at least 5 TBs out of 7 and two were from the 35 since we always seem to get penalized for something. Punts in warm ups are really good, some great - in game not so good...no or very little protection. Luckily we still pulled out the win this week 19 to 12. Yay Menchville. Still hoping VA TECH will need him.

We need him. Its just a numbers game. I hear he had a close one that was around 50 yards too.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dillon can crush the ball, hope the numbers work out

Yes, he narrowly missed a 54 yarder in the 1st game...it hit thecrossbar and did not get the lucky bounce (like David Akers). It bounced backwards instead of over the bar. It was like slow motion and you hear people holding their breath so to speak. Our next two games are possible wins. We play Denbigh Friday night and Gloucester next Thursday. I'm hoping he gets a lot of opportunities in these games. We will be coming to the Florida State & UVA games for TECH. He and I are so excited!

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Green is taking an official to Tenn this weekend

I am taking an unofficial down to Rocky Top this weekend as well. Leave tonight for Madison for a night. Then VT. then knoxville. This weekend will make moves for Green. He's gonna love it. Plus, he wants early PT and he would get that at Tennessee. Not to mention, the games gonna be fuckin nuts. Prob like 108 thousand in the house

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am taking an unofficial down to Rocky Top this weekend as well. Leave tonight for Madison for a night. Then VT. then knoxville. This weekend will make moves for Green. He's gonna love it. Plus, he wants early PT and he would get that at Tennessee. Not to mention, the games gonna be fuckin nuts. Prob like 108 thousand in the house

Don't they have college gameday too? That will be a pretty insane atmosphere. And Matt, are you stopping here to go to the VS party? The bands kinda suck and I think only like 2 models will be here...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having been to a couple of games in Knoxville to see the Gamecocks play on Halloween weekend, I can tell you that it is the quietest 108,000 people you will ever be around. The tailgating and atmosphere is great but the game experience is quiet and unassuming. One game was the game where the retired Mannings jersey as well, and the Cocks beat them :thumb:

I have been to UGA, UF, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and Vandy. The only stadium quieter than Neyland was Vandy. I am not sure why, but it is just not very intimidating.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UT sucks

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having been to a couple of games in Knoxville to see the Gamecocks play on Halloween weekend, I can tell you that it is the quietest 108,000 people you will ever be around. The tailgating and atmosphere is great but the game experience is quiet and unassuming. One game was the game where the retired Mannings jersey as well, and the Cocks beat them :thumb:

I have been to UGA, UF, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss and Vandy. The only stadium quieter than Neyland was Vandy. I am not sure why, but it is just not very intimidating.

Auburn isn't all that loud either.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
FYI Shane is not traveling with the team, he left early for PA to go check out a HS game (Dorian Johnson) and do some more recruiting

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Starting to worry about Holland Fisher...

@LaneCBS6: Manchester's Holland Fischer will visit #Alabama, mentioned verbal to #VT, but will wait until signing day to announce

Also, he changed his twitter handle. Seems like there used to be something about "VT bound" in there and now it is "Showtime_Nueve"

Not to mention the weird stuff that was going on with one of his coaches and Bama.

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn isn't all that loud either.

I went to the 2007 Ole Miss game and the 2008 LSU game, both at Auburn. I left thoroughly unimpressed with the atmosphere at the OM game (a 5 PM local kickoff). But the LSU game (6:45 kickoff) was an awesome atmosphere. I only point out the times to show that neither was an early afternoon game, which can be snoozers in any stadium.