• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as expected, English has now been offered by UVA...

Is that for the ghetto kids that speak ebonics?

Wait, whats that? He meant a player?

Emily Latella says nevermind.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A poster on 247 was describing him in very negative terms even before he got the UVA offer. Not in terms of being a bad player, but a cheap shot artist. Does anyone know if that is true or not?

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A poster on 247 was describing him in very negative terms even before he got the UVA offer. Not in terms of being a bad player, but a cheap shot artist. Does anyone know if that is true or not?[/QUOTE

Welll....look what school he picked. We knew he was pro-UVA and offered only to get them to jump on him as well, thus creating a better position standing for Teller.
Kidding of course :mad2:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A poster on 247 was describing him in very negative terms even before he got the UVA offer. Not in terms of being a bad player, but a cheap shot artist. Does anyone know if that is true or not?

He probably watched a lot of Chris Long highlights with the Rams.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has this already been posted?? I don't remember seeing it.

Per FREE Rivals.com, Updated VA rankings...

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Rivals.com Virginia Preseason Top 30 2013

Fooz will be glad to see that Clark fell back considerably..

Other notables..
As expected
Fuller #1 in MD
Harris #7 in MD
Newby #8 in MD
North #1 in NC
Bryant #2 in NC
Kalambayi #3 in NC
Parker #16 in NC
Grayson #18 in NC

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, pretty much expected as soon as he received the offer, his school is very pro UVA. You win some you lose some...

I don't think that's a bad deal for VT. Gets the offer back, uses up a UVA slot, and clarifies the situation so they don't have to waste any more time on him.

I'd much rather see these things go quickly than to waste recruiters' time, since it was pretty clear that he always knew where he wanted to end up.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
totally agree .. If he was going there, I'm glad that he didn't string it out. You're welcome Jack English, from the VT Recruiting Staff

plus, the sooner that we can tie up these few loose ends, the more attention we can start giving the 2014 class. It'll be bigger and loaded with more talent. It would be nice if KF would go ahead and commit, Teller should be deciding sooner than later, Chung, Facyson ... then focus on Derrick Green and next year's class.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
totally agree .. If he was going there, I'm glad that he didn't string it out. You're welcome Jack English, from the VT Recruiting Staff

plus, the sooner that we can tie up these few loose ends, the more attention we can start giving the 2014 class. It'll be bigger and loaded with more talent. It would be nice if KF would go ahead and commit, Teller should be deciding sooner than later, Chung, Facyson ... then focus on Derrick Green and next year's class.
I think our class will be pretty well rounded out by the time the season kicks off. I don't think many of our remaining targets will string it out. Fuller *may* but I personally doubt it...

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but now UVA can claim his as a player that committed to them over us! :confused:

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think burks and reid have sports reserved for them as well. both are from VT pipeline with current and future hokies on their high school rosters

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think that's a bad deal for VT. Gets the offer back, uses up a UVA slot, and clarifies the situation so they don't have to waste any more time on him.

I'd much rather see these things go quickly than to waste recruiters' time, since it was pretty clear that he always knew where he wanted to end up.

Yeah but now UVA can claim his as a player that committed to them over us! :confused:

Proposed strategy:

We offer every upperclassman from Bayside or any other pro-UVA school - hell, we could even make up some imaginary players from, oh, I don't know, Canada - until UVA's class is full of guys they "beat" us for. Then, we go out and get whoever we want in VA.

The results vs. UVA will stay the same (could it get much worse?), but we could have our pick of in-state talent to load up for the rest of our schedule.

What do you guys think?