• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If all these guys accept VT offers, as has been strongly rumored to be likely, what does that do to our remaining Scholarships for this year?

Kendall Fuller
D.J. Reid
DaeSean Hamilton
Brandon Facyson
Kyle Chung

Should guys like Chung jump now, to "lock it up" just in case?

Of course, we keep placeholders for guys like Teller and Green, and perhaps Newby and Folston too.

I've seen you mention others too, that appear to be locks, or near locks, but maybe they were 2014 and not 13.

Is it possible you might provide a list of this years recruits that appear to be headed to VT? It just seems to me that we are looking at the high teens perhaps in the number of scholarships needed to grab all the guys likely to accept.

Also, suppose some of the lower ranked recruits jump early. Does that screw up things for the higher rated guys?

Thanks man
Ok to asnwer your question the best I can here is how I have broken this down. We already have 11 commits, and this will be a relatively small class. I believe the following have not jumped yet but will be coming to VT:

Kendall Fuller
DJ Reid
Kyle Chung
Brandon Facyson
Dillon Christopher (if offered)

These I am not sure of yet, they like VT but I just don't know
DaeSean Hamilton (lots of things in play here)
Oren Burks (If he is elevated to regular enrollment then I would move him to the above list)
Jack English (Being his only offer is great, but he is at a pro UVA school so don't be surprised if he turns out to be a HOO)
Derrick Green (This will be a fight but I really like where VT is right now, Shane is on it)
Wyatt Teller (60/40 UVA right now but tides seem to be changing again)
Tashawn Bower
Paul Harris (In the end I think he heads to Knoxville to be with his brother but we are in his top 8 and he wants to visit)

So with the ones that I think will be Hokies, that will give VT 16 verbals. Spots will be held for Teller, Green and Fuller obviously. I think that we may see a few late GS offers go out. I could see 1-2 WRs as well as 1 DT and OL GS offer go out after camp. I think, including GS, we will be around 20-21 total.

Yes I think that it would be worth it for players to jump early to not miss the boat, a few spots will be saved but not many...

The coaches are not going to throw out offers this year because 2014 is so deep. There is a chance that we see 1 or 2 more 2014 guys commit before we see another 2013 guy...

VTFF you have anything to add?

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Evan, exactly what I was looking for.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as usual, awesome insight from everyone, much appreciated for real.

if we could get teller, green, and fuller, that would be amazing. that would make the best class of all time i think, rating wise. anyone else would be gravy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as usual, awesome insight from everyone, much appreciated for real.

if we could get teller, green, and fuller, that would be amazing. that would make the best class of all time i think, rating wise. anyone else would be gravy.

That would be great. Seems that Fuller's is ours to lose..Green is my next favorite on this list..not taking anything away from Teller.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller is ours, and has been. Rivals tweeted about how he may take over number 1 overall spot in the rankings..... Would be great for us if he does jump.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fuller is ours, and has been. Rivals tweeted about how he may take over number 1 overall spot in the rankings..... Would be great for us if he does jump.

Especially with the position we're in with Hand. I'm crossing threads here, but can you imagine landing #1 two consecutive years (without your beloved SEC)? Added to Clowney, Shane would be crowned the best recruiter in the country.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially with the position we're in with Hand. I'm crossing threads here, but can you imagine landing #1 two consecutive years (without your beloved SEC)? Added to Clowney, Shane would be crowned the best recruiter in the country.

I wouldn't say without Gods Conference just yet....