• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised it took Jack English this long to receive offers. He definitely has D-1 talent.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm surprised it took Jack English this long to receive offers. He definitely has D-1 talent.
To be honest I knew nothing about him until this weekend. I think level of competition may have something to do with it or lack of camping, not sure. It is still early so he could blow up and get some offers, who knows...

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whoa look at the VT list, SEVEN 4*. Shegog, Motuapuaka and Pfaff all got bumps.

ESPN has not given out a ton of 4* to VT recruits before last year and that was only 5.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hackenburg is pretty good but to have only 9 players in the nation in front of him is ridiculous. No comment on Burns other than I think he performs well at camps and that's what they are making their judgment on. Sean Glennon was a 4 star according to Rivals too. He was probably a camp guy

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, Glennon didn't have much a line in front of him. When he had time, he wasnt too bad

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wasn't just the fact there was pressure, it was how he handled it. A good QB is able to sense it and make an effort to turn it into a positive play anyway. With Glennon you pretty much had to forget him doing anything against pressure. It's not realistic to expect a QB to not have to face pressure from a defense. It will happen and how they handle it should factor into the scouting grade. There is no way he handled it well in HS if he looked so bad at VT

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, Glennon didn't have much a line in front of him. When he had time, he wasnt too bad

Unfortunately for Sean, I can't think of another QB who threw picks on his first pass attempt in back to back seasons. And was an asshole.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just the fact there was pressure, it was how he handled it. A good QB is able to sense it and make an effort to turn it into a positive play anyway. With Glennon you pretty much had to forget him doing anything against pressure. It's not realistic to expect a QB to not have to face pressure from a defense. It will happen and how they handle it should factor into the scouting grade. There is no way he handled it well in HS if he looked so bad at VT

That is 100% true. Watch the good QBs and they will move around in the pocket to set up blocks and delay pressure. Glennon would drop back to a spot and stay there.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hackenburg is pretty good but to have only 9 players in the nation in front of him is ridiculous. No comment on Burns other than I think he performs well at camps and that's what they are making their judgment on. Sean Glennon was a 4 star according to Rivals too. He was probably a camp guy

Glennon was not a camp guy. He light up defenses in Division 6 VA. Guy had great stats at the highest level in VA. And I hate the guy because I went to his rival HS, but he was a great QB in HS. Just didn't have the support to succeed consistently at VT. Not as bad of a career as many believe either.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon was not a camp guy. He light up defenses in Division 6 VA. Guy had great stats at the highest level in VA. And I hate the guy because I went to his rival HS, but he was a great QB in HS. Just didn't have the support to succeed consistently at VT. Not as bad of a career as many believe either.

snagged an acccg mvp if i remember correctly

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And by 'didn't have support' you mean arguably the best WR corps in the history of the school?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glennon's family caught a ton of flak (crank calls, etc.) from the so-called "fans" who evidently believed abusing them was a way to work out their frustrations. Glennon's sister was trashed on a regular basis on campus. Mike Glennon chose N C State as a result of all of that nonsense.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon's sister was trashed on a regular basis on campus.

It always cracks me up to read shit like this, and it's always people who have no idea. I'm friends w Katie and have been since school and can tell you that this is hilariously overplayed. I never really understood where all of the message board experts got all this info.

Sean was a baby and a dick off the field. That's why people didn't like him. I'm sure if you asked her, Katie wouldn't have any serious issue with how she was ever treated at school

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
More work for the mods moving this to the argue thread ha ha. I don't understand any positive comments for Glennon. I really hated watching him. DRIVE KILLER