• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Darren Evans - Redshirt Senior 2012
Ryan Williams - Redshirt Senior 2012
David Wilson - Senior 2012

LOL

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
59 carries for Wilson all year LOL. That comes out to 4.5 per game. No wonder I forgot. But the point is GENIUSES that they weren't counting on a true freshman to carry the load. It's a shame I had to point that out. I guess I give some of you too much credit

They weren't counting on a true freshman in 2009 because they had Darren Evans, who wrecked his knee in preseason. Part of why they've redshirted freshmen lately is they've had that luxury. Evans redshirted because of Ore. Williams redshirted because Evans was in the system. Wilson probably redshirts if Evans is healthy, and Holmes (not that I think he's in that class, but still) redshirted because of Wilson.

None of the backs on last year's team were as good as Evans/Wilson/Williams. That's why Coleman wasn't redshirted. I really do think if Harris qualified there's a decent chance he would have gotten a shot.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan just tweeted that Dillon committed to VMI. Congrats kickermom!

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What is your point....

You are such a one trick pony.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Green was #3 on our target list regardless of his star ranking and we quit recruiting him when Reid committed.

I believe there was a recruiting miss in there somewhere and I think it was because of obvious, unfavorable conditions for a RB at VT. I stated it pretty clearly I thought.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there was a recruiting miss in there somewhere and I think it was because of obvious, unfavorable conditions for a RB at VT. I stated it pretty clearly I thought.

You are flat wrong on this one actually. Green was very interested in VT to the point of him contacting us quite a bit. We shut down recruitment on him, in this case. I am not going to go into the reasons for it, but the fit was not ideal. It had zero to do with coaches who are no longer here, the current OL as messy as it is or any of that. We cooled on him. Lose the attack mode and actually read what is said in the thread.

I know thus may blow your mind, but every once in a while, something happens that s not Curt Newsome, Mike O'Cain, Ole man Beamer of Bryan Stinespring's fault. Shocker, I know.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been reading on here for awhile now. First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone here for all of the information you provide. This is a great place to get insight about VT football.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I was reading the recent posts and I have to say that there are very few teams that had the streak we did at running back recently. It was such a luxury to have those guys just waiting in the cupboard. Please think before you accuse the coaching staff of redshirting guys that should not have been. There are many reasons for these types of things that you do not know about. I personally knew many of these guys through college dating from 07-12, so trust me when I say there are many reasons they sit out a season.

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I was reading the recent posts and I have to say that there are very few teams that had the streak we did at running back recently. It was such a luxury to have those guys just waiting in the cupboard. Please think before you accuse the coaching staff of redshirting guys that should not have been. There are many reasons for these types of things that you do not know about. I personally knew many of these guys through college dating from 07-12, so trust me when I say there are many reasons they sit out a season.

Welcome dude. As you will quickly see Fooz is just out to complain and argue that all things VT are terrible.

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia offensive coordinator Bill Lazor to take job with Philadelphia Eagles...how will this affect their recruiting a week before signing day?

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great question.

I suppose it depends on how nervous the recruits are. If someone were on the fence, it could knock them in a different direction.

I'd think most people are pretty well set by now though.

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will we expand our recruiting net in search of offensive linemen?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia offensive coordinator Bill Lazor to take job with Philadelphia Eagles...how will this affect their recruiting a week before signing day?

It was a pretty much forgone conclusion that Lazor would leave to go back to the NFL, just not this soon. Lazor is an NFL guy. His schemes were to complex for college QB's. I feel fine with TOB running the offense, if that is what happens.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to be around some people in the know tomorrow. Any questions you want me to ask about 2013 or 2014?

1. anything you can learn about recruiting shifts (style, priorities, etc.) with the new offensive staff
2. who else, if anyone, may still commit for 2013
3. what happened with Dillon Christopher
4. what 2014 recruits they feel are likely to choose VT, and might any of those be soon
5. when do spring practices start/end