• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's going to take his 5 officials. Probably, Auburn, Tenn, Michigan, Ole Miss, and Oregon (get some Nike swag while he's at it) I doub't he takes one to Georgia, but if he does, probably in lieu of Miss.

What the heck, why take an official to VT? He can get there easily enough, and can still take his 5 officials.

Those little Tenn redheads are pretty hot. Miss is a great party and tailgate school. Oregon gets you some Nike swag. Georgia requires an interpreter, and Michigan has a cool fight song, which they will play at least six times.

Between VT and Auburn, if he comes Monday, we win, and he can meet with Beam and sonBeam.
Lots of Richmond guys are coming on Monday, hopefully he can make the trip as well..

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Richmond guys are coming on Monday, hopefully he can make the trip as well..

like who, revais ik for sure, is reid coming, fisher and jefferson, mayb green and harris haha

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jefferson, Reavis, Fisher (possibly), no word on Reid. A few others that aren't on the list yet possibly as well. Green is heading to the Auburn Clemson game this weekend it depends on if he is back in time, not holding my breath though

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is mizzel really a 5 star lol

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
is mizzel really a 5 star lol
Mizzell is a good back, VT wanted him pretty bad but it was apparent that we had no shot. He has not had a good first 2 games, and I do not think he is 5* worthy, but he is talented no doubt. I would rank him as a mid 4* for sure...

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzell is a good back, VT wanted him pretty bad but it was apparent that we had no shot. He has not had a good first 2 games, and I do not think he is 5* worthy, but he is talented no doubt. I would rank him as a mid 4* for sure...

thats what i was thinkging. but def not 5 star, how will he run on our D, and can't hit 100 yards in highschool. and did you notice Andrew M our LB commit is 3 spots from 4 star status, seems his height mayb holding him back but he's at #17 on rivals

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats what i was thinkging. but def not 5 star, how will he run on our D, and can't hit 100 yards in highschool. and did you notice Andrew M our LB commit is 3 spots from 4 star status, seems his height mayb holding him back but he's at #17 on rivals
AM looks like a monster now, he has put on some very good weight. He will be a very good one at VT as well. Salem could go very far this year..

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Only so much you can blame an OL for, though. RB is the one position where any player at any level can dominate regardless of anything else. Elite RBs can step in and overcome bad OLs, bad playcalling, etc.

I'm not saying Smoke isn't an elite RB that VT wouldn't take in an instant but those are some eyebrow-raising numbers and I'm really not seeing why right now that he should be a 5* when they re-rank.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoke is a legit 4* that I would take in a heartbeat, but him being a 5* is comical to say the least. 5* players should be the elite of the elite and should dominate at the high school level, and should be expected to dominate at the college level. Smoke is a very good running back, that will most likely have a very good career in college....but it would be a stretch to say that he will "dominate" at any level. I have very similar feelings about Derrick Green.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only so much you can blame an OL for, though. RB is the one position where any player at any level can dominate regardless of anything else. Elite RBs can step in and overcome bad OLs, bad playcalling, etc.

I'm not saying Smoke isn't an elite RB that VT wouldn't take in an instant but those are some eyebrow-raising numbers and I'm really not seeing why right now that he should be a 5* when they re-rank.

He was just so damned great in 7on7, and even 247 uses camp performance in their formula. He went to the best camps, and was top RB or near top at each one.

At the end of the day, its an 11 on 11 game, and Salem's 11 was far better than Bayside's. I could point to a couple of games that DW had for us last year, and say the same thing. I would be disappointed if he was lowered a star.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck cares how many stars he has? We don't have to waste our time arguing about how many stars UVA's football commits have because there's COLLEGE FOOTBALL TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad NC State sucks!!!!!!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck cares how many stars he has? We don't have to waste our time arguing about how many stars UVA's football commits have because there's COLLEGE FOOTBALL TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

EoCTE.gif

But seriously he's playing like a 3*

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It must be a really weak year for HS football if Mizzell and Green are 5 stars. I doubt it is so they're wrong

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He was just so damned great in 7on7, and even 247 uses camp performance in their formula. He went to the best camps, and was top RB or near top at each one.

At the end of the day, its an 11 on 11 game, and Salem's 11 was far better than Bayside's. I could point to a couple of games that DW had for us last year, and say the same thing. I would be disappointed if he was lowered a star.

Yea but 247 isn't dumb enough to make him a 5* solely off camps and Rivals just happens to be that dumb. Smoke was like a top 150-200 kid before summer and he shot up way too much based on what happens without pads(or full games).

The kid simply isn't a 5*. Rivals made a bad evaluation, it happens. Now we'll see if they fix it, especially since Farrell went to that game and saw him flop.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea but 247 isn't dumb enough to make him a 5* solely off camps and Rivals just happens to be that dumb. Smoke was like a top 150-200 kid before summer and he shot up way too much based on what happens without pads(or full games).

The kid simply isn't a 5*. Rivals made a bad evaluation, it happens. Now we'll see if they fix it, especially since Farrell went to that game and saw him flop.
Gotta know the "influences" rivals has when they rank. 247 is the most consistant imo

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not too many recruits coming tomorrow. Jefferson and Fisher will be there. Osterloh is trying. Prince may make it up. Reavis is coming (2014). Could be a few more but most wont make it because of school and football obligations.

Last edited by a moderator: