• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoosrise wasn't wrong.

Never really said he was wrong. He just seemed to kinda put that in a way that made me believe that he thought we had no chance with the guy, that we Hokies were FOS. Maybe I read him/the conversation all wrong...anyways, still had to rub it in a little.

UVA should be getting their prize of 2013 here early next week. So CM's butthurt will only be temporary.

I fixed it for you. :D

And for the record, watch his film and tell me he doesn't play like Crick and Carricker.

BTW, Teller and Ekanem on one side of the line......dear lord!

Some have compared him to Chris Long too?? Wonder why he hasn't been compared to AA players

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad how much bigger and more dominant Teller is in his videos. I would have to imagine he will end up at DT since he will likely come in at 280+ but if he keeps his speed, he will be destroying OTs at DE.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One video he is on FG block. He runs through the line and tackled the holder.

I could see how they would want to move him to OT. Just saying. Especially if he is already 275

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I fixed it for you. :D

And for the record, watch his film and tell me he doesn't play like Crick and Carricker.

BTW, Teller and Ekanem on one side of the line......dear lord!

Crick from Nebraska? I've heard of Carricker but don't know exactly who he is. If they pancake people and throw them around like ragdolls then yes he does

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Excellent!

Welcome aboard Wyatt Teller!

This is an awesome recruiting class!

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite 2014 Hermitage (Va.) RB Derrick Green will visit #Georgia tomorrow and then head to #Auburn tomorrow night and stay until Sunday
clarkbmichael

So he spends overnight at Auburn. Will give him a contrast with Michigans neverending all out press, in your face recruiting style, vs Auburns more gentile approach.

Midwest hustle bustle vs Southern easy living.

Auburn already has similarly built commit 4* Jordan Wilkins, listed as an APB

Michigan has a commits from 4* RB DeVeon Smith, and 4* FB Wyatt Shallman

We still have a good shot IMO, but Auburn has me more concerned than Michigan.

Michigan is already at 23 this year, and that includes a Penn St decommit, which will affect next years numbers.

We have a better DB haul than Michigan, and I have to think they have a need there for this class.

247 has VT at 15 for recruiting, and curiously has Drew Harris as a 13 commit, showing a commit date of 8/15/2012. Did I miss something?

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a better DB haul than Michigan...

who don't we have a better DB haul than? ;)

247 has VT at 15 for recruiting, and curiously has Drew Harris as a 13 commit, showing a commit date of 8/15/2012. Did I miss something?

I was wondering about that too... a clerical issue when they moved him to the 2013 class?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who don't we have a better DB haul than? ;)

I was wondering about that too... a clerical issue when they moved him to the 2013 class?

Harris is prepping so he is part of the 2013 class, though he can count against either. Thomas Smith and Woody Baron will also be added to the 2013 class list, I assume.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One video he is on FG block. He runs through the line and tackled the holder.

I could see how they would want to move him to OT. Just saying. Especially if he is already 275

Is this sarcasm? He's not going to be able to go through everyone at the college level. Just most players. But the main thing is he's on the tall side for a DT at 6' 5". You need to play lower there than at DE or OT

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris is prepping so he is part of the 2013 class, though he can count against either. Thomas Smith and Woody Baron will also be added to the 2013 class list, I assume.

His signing of the letter in 2011 no longer is valid.

His recruitment is wide open again. At least that is my understanding of things.

BUT, 247 shows a commit date.

Did he verbal again? I haven't seen anything to support that. If he hasn't verbal'd again, he shouldn't be shown as a VT commit. When and if he does, then it would be correct, n'est pas?

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the guy that said he though Teller was going to come to Tech after Fuller committed and was given shit for it?

I think some of you owe him an apology.

yeah that was me, and while i may have been slightly off, idt there was a chance we got him without fuller on this team. and i still stand behind that. then tyou add the other commits like moss who i've talked to. those guys were on him hard.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has said that he plans to stick with VT. Why would you not count that as a verbal?

Good question.

Just thinking out loud here. First, he would need another offer from VT for the 2013 year, and then he could give his verbal.

It seems today's recruiting has almost formalized a process for making a verbal commit, to include lots of pomp and circumstance.

Certainly, notifying the university of your intent to accept their offer is making a commitment. Is a call enough? Text? I don't know man.

Is simply saying I intend to honor my previous years commitment enough, without notifying the school again in some sort of semi formal manner, by call or text for instance?

Thats why I said it was curious to me, and it seems that without some verification from the university, the remaining services still consider his recruitment to be wide open, and without commitment for 2013.

Maybe its simply a case of not enough overt press to make the other services aware?

I saw a kid on twitter, who has already verbally committed to a school, declare that he was going to commit to Illinois. Is that a decommit and a new commit? is that sufficient notification to the school?

Beats the shit out of me man.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew had an offer last year and accepted....he has an offer this year and has accepted. It will be formal when he enrolls in January. He is just as much of a verbal today, as he was when he verballed last year. You are looking waaaay too much into it.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Drew had an offer last year and accepted....he has an offer this year and has accepted. It will be formal when he enrolls in January. He is just as much of a verbal today, as he was when he verballed last year. You are looking waaaay too much into it.
Drew will be a Hokie as long as his grades improve. Shouldn't be a problem