• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas Smith was selected to play in the VHSCA East-West game, JC was mentioned but disqualified for already enrolling at VT

wat about EDMUNDS, CLARK, VANDYKE, WILLIAMS, CALEB, EKANEM, GRREEN, FRYE, MOTLEY, JASKON, CONTE, TARCHKE, WRIGHTS, ALL THE OTHER va REPLAYERS, ARE THEY PLAYING IN IT

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wat about EDMUNDS, CLARK, VANDYKE, WILLIAMS, CALEB, EKANEM, GRREEN, FRYE, MOTLEY, JASKON, CONTE, TARCHKE, WRIGHTS, ALL THE OTHER va REPLAYERS, ARE THEY PLAYING IN IT
Most will not be able to play because they will be reporting to school since it is in July, Thomas is a GS so he gets a pass to play. VT may not be letting any that have signed and are reporting on time to play in it as a risk of getting hurt...

Also I think there is a rule in VA that you can only play in 1 All-Star game, not sure if this counts since it is after the school year...

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Nigel Williams has gotten bigger and stronger. Hell of a pick up.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we give Ekanem a look at ILB? We have considerably less depth there than at DE, and it doesn't look good for us pulling in any 2013 ILBs either. I know it has seemed like we really wanted him at DE, so I'm not counting on this, but it has to be considered, right?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Clarke and Vandyke are both skinny for now but we are in good shape (as far as starters go) for two years with BT and Tyler at Mike and Edwards at Backer. I do hope to see a bit more out of Chase this coming season though. Hopefully he gets reps.

This is not to say one of these guys or Edmunds couldn't step in right away. They all have the game, eyes and head, but need some Gentry shakes.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Ekanem is a bigger version of Worilds.

And look where Worilds plays now... although I guess that's OLB, not ILB. And I'd really be shocked to see him line up there in our system.

VanDyke and Clarke are going to have to bulk up quickly. And I hope one of them can play Mike. I know we're ok for starters, but there's that nasty word that starts with "inj" that keeps cropping up in relation to our starting LBs...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Clarke and DVD could grow to 230 or so which isnt huge but big enough to play the position, Jerome Wright could also end up at Mike.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And look where Worilds plays now... although I guess that's OLB, not ILB. And I'd really be shocked to see him line up there in our system.

VanDyke and Clarke are going to have to bulk up quickly. And I hope one of them can play Mike. I know we're ok for starters, but there's that nasty word that starts with "inj" that keeps cropping up in relation to our starting LBs...

Two different systems. Ekanem will not be a LB in our system.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worilds is playing a 3-4 OLB, where he was a 4-3 DE in our system. The skill sets of a 3-4OLB and 4-3 DE have some similarity.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks Ekanem will be a DE that is going to be very adept at dropping into coverage. Just adds one more thing for an offensive coordinator to have to plan for. I think Bud's going to be extra crafty over the next few years with all of these extremely versatile prospects we are getting. I think we're going to see a lot of that versatility coming from the secondary this year as well.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fyi, there are about 10 free interviews up on hokiehaven with our 2012 guys, asking them what workouts they're doing, if they've gained any weight, favorite movies, etc. They're worth reading just to pass the time

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think McKinnon will be almost on the level of Cody Grimm except he will be doing it for 3 years instead of 1 and a half

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Or he might get stuck behind Van Dyke. But it will be a battle between those two at least