• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Football Schedule

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the fact that we're playing fsu and clemson towards the end .. it does suck that they and miami all have a bye week just before they play us too (and fsu has duke the week before that) .. but if we're the better team, we should be able to win those games. if we need more than a week to prepare for these games, we need to start preparing earlier. i like the way the schedule plays out but the gauntlet in november will be tough to survive. miami will be down but they're still too good athletically to look past.

fsu and clemson are the big ones. and i was kidding earlier dabo-boy .. i do hope that clemson beats auburn and wins out .. until we play them (same goes for fsu) .. the acc could use a little rep-boost after the reaming that we took in the bowls.

... but yes -- dabo will always be a douche .. and yes -- the tombstone thing is pretty queer .. btw -- love the purple unis

It's been weird for me to watch us play FSU in September for the past couple years; I've been accustomed to not playing them until much later, and it definitely makes a difference in the Atlantic race. I've never been a huge Dabo guy, but he's done a helluva lot more in his short time than any other coach (outside Danny Ford) ever has, so it's hard to hate on him just because he's enthusiastic.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about being sore losers... :brick:

sore loser for stating my honest opinion? you guys BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF US fair and square, but the tombstone thing is pretty dumb...seems to me like something a small football school would do who doesnt expect to beat ranked teams, and ive always thought dabo was a little turd burglar.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sore loser for stating my honest opinion? you guys BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF US fair and square, but the tombstone thing is pretty dumb...seems to me like something a small football school would do who doesnt expect to beat ranked teams, and ive always thought dabo was a little turd burglar.

We'll make sure to consult you next time we start a 74 year old tradition then...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's been weird for me to watch us play FSU in September for the past couple years; I've been accustomed to not playing them until much later, and it definitely makes a difference in the Atlantic race. I've never been a huge Dabo guy, but he's done a helluva lot more in his short time than any other coach (outside Danny Ford) ever has, so it's hard to hate on him just because he's enthusiastic.

Dabo was looking VERY enthusiastic on the sidelines during the WVU game.

Classic karma.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um...ok? that doesnt change the fact that the tradition is lame. just because its 74 years old doesnt mean its a good one.

I could say the same for Enter Sandman, but I'll be sure to refrain.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're entitled to your opinion. enter sandman is awesome to me. but one thing i HATE as a virginia tech tradition is the damn hokie pokie. its embarassing...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Don't you have anyone to talk with on the Clemson board?

You're not adding anything of relevance here...just stirring the pot. :yawn:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're entitled to your opinion. enter sandman is awesome to me. but one thing i HATE as a virginia tech tradition is the damn hokie pokie. its embarassing...

This. You can't hate Enter Sandman. But the Hokie Pokie is lame as is the new airplane toss crap. It distracts from the game. You have to be high to think Enter Sandman isn't freakin awesome though.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. You can't hate Enter Sandman. But the Hokie Pokie is lame as is the new airplane toss crap. It distracts from the game. You have to be high to think Enter Sandman isn't freakin awesome though.

The paper airplane toss is the worst thing ever. I feel like I ranted about it in the fall so I won't go on anymore. And yeah the Hokie Pokie is stupid too. When I'm smashed, I'm all for it. But to other schools, it must look super embarrassing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the schedule. That Clem/Miami/FSU stretch seems brutal. On the positive side, it'll test us to see how good we are.

And yes, the Hokie Pokie is mind numbingly awful

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hokie pokie is TERRIBLE .. ripped or not ..
tombstone thingy is TERRIBLE

sandman = awesome (and NO ONE can deny that .. ask golden how awesome it is ballboy)

clemson running down the hill = awesome (my high school football team pretty much did the same thing)

we all have our good and bad traditions but the purple unis are pretty terrible too, worse than our orange unis

... and as far as dabo goes, there's nothing wrong with being enthusiastic -- just don't make an ass-clown of yourself -- and he's riding the coat tails of the ridiculous talent that clemson can recruit and his o-coordinator. he's not a great head coach but they sure as hell can recruit ... clemson is definitely on the up and up

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of yalls traditions compare to The Adventures of CavMan :embarassed:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good GD thing that ECU parked their boat under an overpass. Would'be been hard to reach via horse otherwise.

Also, a moment of silence for those poor upper-middle class crew kids who got splashed. May their clothes not smell so fishy... In London's name we pray.