• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vince Young files Chapter 11

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was commissioner, I would pay rookies $60K a year for the 1st 3 years. That is still much better than what they would earn coming out of college if they weren't playing pro ball. Teach them financial responsibility for 3-4 years and make them earn that high pay. I've always thought it was so stupid to pay an unproven rookie more than a proven veteran.....

I'm okay with the bottom feeder money of almost $400k per season...(another league would start in the heartbeat if you only paid them $60k...lol) but to your point...if the rank n file players lived within a $50k to 60k a yr budget...even if they only survived for 1 NFL contract they would have enough money to sustain that lifesyle for at least 8 to 10 yrs until they figured out the next step.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: all should watch the 30 for 30 (or whatever they are called) about former NFL players being broke within a year or two after their careers are over. It is CRAZY the money these guys have blown. If Vince had just invested his initial contract, like the UT exes that were finance guys had wanted him to do, he could have still thrown his big parties, etc., just off the INTEREST. Asinine these guys are Asinine.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it really sucks to see these players waist their earnings and fall so far so fast. It will take major common sense financial advice to stop this vicious cycle of personal over spending. It won't happen anytime soon tho....