• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer: If we pick wrong QB, I'll probably get fired

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the Vikes should just go hard for Cousins since they have the cap. They have decent WRs so Cousins should be coming into a better scenario and then they can draft defense in the early rounds to shore up the line.

Zimmer is 100% spot on, so you go for the win now QB to keep your job. Drafting a QB would almost assure his firing and Case Keenum/Bridgewater will never win a Championship or reliably take you deep. Vikes got a free pass with Rodgers out for a good chunk of the year and the Bears appear to be on the rise. Rookie QB/Keenum/Bridge will almost assuredly result in an 8-8/9-7 possibly playoff miss season. Your defense is another year older too.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the Vikes should just go hard for Cousins since they have the cap. They have decent WRs so Cousins should be coming into a better scenario and then they can draft defense in the early rounds to shore up the line.

Zimmer is 100% spot on, so you go for the win now QB to keep your job. Drafting a QB would almost assure his firing and Case Keenum/Bridgewater will never win a Championship or reliably take you deep. Vikes got a free pass with Rodgers out for a good chunk of the year and the Bears appear to be on the rise. Rookie QB/Keenum/Bridge will almost assuredly result in an 8-8/9-7 possibly playoff miss season. Your defense is another year older too.
I think Cousins is looking for 3 time SB winner type money and I'm not sure some idiot won't pay it.

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple choice, keep Case Keenum. He's not the reason they lost to the eagles. It was the defense.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple choice, keep Case Keenum. He's not the reason they lost to the eagles. It was the defense.

Well, after first drive our offense did nothing, and Case had a turnover or two.

He's not sole reason or primary reason we lost, but he didn't help us win either

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not sure Sam Bradford ever really got a shot with the Vikings when they actually had a decent oline.

The issue here is that Keenum is the only guy that is reliably healthy. I personally would choose one of the other guys because I think they're better but with Keenum it gives you more reliability if you're trying to win with defense like the Jaguars with Bortles.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not sure Sam Bradford ever really got a shot with the Vikings when they actually had a decent oline.

The issue here is that Keenum is the only guy that is reliably healthy. I personally would choose one of the other guys because I think they're better but with Keenum it gives you more reliability if you're trying to win with defense like the Jaguars with Bortles.

Case Keenum is reason no one trusted Vikings to do anything. By most accounts they over achieved. I love case, but I don't think he's a long term answer

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, after first drive our offense did nothing, and Case had a turnover or two.

He's not sole reason or primary reason we lost, but he didn't help us win either

He shot his wad with the mini-miracle......

The o-line was breaking down again at the end of the year, due to injuries. Keenum hadn't seen pass rush like that previously, and was constantly under pressure after that first series. One of the picks was his fault, the other was tipped. He also was stripped of the ball.

As a whole, I put it all on the coaching staff. They just weren't prepared for the game.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't. The year prior - the o-line broke down early and often.

This past year, of course, he was injured.

Of the 3 (not including Cousins), he probably has the best tools, but you can't trust him to stay healthy anymore.

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that game would have been different if played IN Minnesota.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cousins is looking for 3 time SB winner type money and I'm not sure some idiot won't pay it.

vikes16s-1-web-q7s.jpg

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be calling Captain Kirk that until a Sunday or Monday Night game and when the lights come he'll shit the bed just previous games.....
If they had spent as much time prepping for the Philly game as they did trademarking that phrase they may have scored more points.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had spent as much time prepping for the Philly game as they did trademarking that phrase they may have scored more points.

Well they did have to get in all those interviews about the greatest play in NFL history......

That only lasted for two weeks since Foles squashed that play with his own:

bc-fbn-super-bowl-img-jpg.jpg