• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassel has at least shown more promise than Freeman who can't seem to hit a guy with the ball if his life depends on it.

Best option is still Ponder imo but if he's out Cassel is a serviceable back-up although we know it might not be pretty.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best option is still Ponder imo but if he's out Cassel is a serviceable
back-up although we know it might not be pretty.

I'd rather have Tommy Kramer come back at age 58 and try and lead the Vikes rather than watch Ponder try to lead our team again in 2014. Not sure I can agree Cassel has shown more promise than Freeman when Freeman hasnt really been given a fair shot, the kid has done it before.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Tommy Kramer come back at age 58 and try and lead the Vikes rather than watch Ponder try to lead our team again in 2014. Not sure I can agree Cassel has shown more promise than Freeman when Freeman hasnt really been given a fair shot, the kid has done it before.

your_opinion.jpg

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA, I don't believe I ever said it was more than just my opinion. If you're happy watching Ponder fail good for you... I've already grown tired of it, if he had the tools to be the guy someday I might think differently but he doesn't he cant make all the throws and he was suppose to be smart but I havent seen that. We are wasting AD

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA, I don't believe I ever said it was more than just my opinion. If you're happy watching Ponder fail good for you... I've already grown tired of it, if he had the tools to be the guy someday I might think differently but he doesn't he cant make all the throws and he was suppose to be smart but I havent seen that. We are wasting AD

Take it easy. It was supposed to be funny. No need to get like that.... man...

I'm ok with differences in opinions.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu
Unless you're an ignorant Twins fan...

fify
occasion14.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm ok with differences in opinions.

Are you sure???

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might notice the HAHAHA at the beginning of that post. It's not about taking a joke, you called me ignorant before so forgive me if i'm not able to distinguish when you're being funny and when you're being insulting over the internet.

And yes, I could use a hug it's damn cold!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Bring it in here big fella...;-)

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they just signed Freeman to freak Ponder out. It worked...for one game...

I'd vote Cassell for the rest of the season, as long as they let him think he still has to compete for every week's starting job. NO idea who to pick up in the draft/free agency.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
For what it's worth, I feel Freeman should get a shot to shine as well.
If not, give Cassel the reins for the remainder of season.
Both are young enough to run the team for a couple seasons, while they groom their new QB.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
BalZ6bUCMAAzdtV.jpg

The Evil Genius and the Dopey Governor...lmao!!

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree with you on one thing, and that is that Ponder is not the guy, and he never will be. I am quite confident (unfortunately) that there is no QB on the roster capable of being "the guy". Like I said before about Freeman, I really don't think he's about to prove anything to any of us. He had like one memorable season in Tampa, and has otherwise been vastly overrated. He's been in the league a few years and couldn't cut the mustard on his old team in Tampa, and hasn't really shown much to prove that he'll be any better elsewhere. It's true that he got thrown into the fire under ridiculous circumstances of only being on the team for a couple weeks, and I think he would do better with more time under his belt with the team, but I guarantee he's not the guy. While I agree that Freeman was set up for failure by the Vikings, if there were any chance of him panning out to be any sort of long term solution, he wouldn't have looked almost as bad as Joe Webb out there at QB in that game.

As far as Cassel goes, you are right, we know what we have in him. We've got a guy who has had a couple of successful seasons elsewhere on teams that were great to pretty decent (that year with the Pats, his first year with the Chiefs). He's no franchise QB that will put the team on his shoulders to take you to the playoffs, but he's the best option on the team as it stands. He has a 2nd year option on his contract, that he can opt out of. Freeman is gone after the season unless he is given a multi-year starter deal, which he clearly doesn't deserve. We've already established that Ponder sucks, and is very injury prone at that, so realistically, he's out. They need to make it clear that this is Cassel's team to take over for the time being. Cassel should be given reason to stay for his 2nd year so he can play, possibly do well enough to ride the coattails of AD and the (hopefully improved) defense. No sense wasting more time on Freeman when he will very likely stink up the joint and expect too much money anyway.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they just signed Freeman to freak Ponder out. It worked...for one game...

I'd vote Cassell for the rest of the season, as long as they let him think he still has to compete for every week's starting job. NO idea who to pick up in the draft/free agency.

I say roll with Cassell, period. Ponder has had numerous chances over the past 3 seasons to earn the job, and he can't hold it. I've talked about Freeman enough and will just leave it at saying he sucks, so we should just forget about the guy and move on. He won't be on the team next year.

Cassell is in fact the better QB between him and Ponder (and is better than Freeman too, for that matter). He's not the answer long term, but he's about as good as we can hope for in the meantime. They need to make him their starter both the rest of this season and next, unless they somehow land their favorite QB in the draft or trade a boatload for a franchise QB (I see neither happening). At some point, you need to quit changing your mind on who will start at QB each week and just stick with a guy. They need to get their shit together on this now rather than letting it drag into next season. I already have my doubts about them making a big turn around next season, but if they still haven't quit playing musical chairs at QB by the end of this year and figure out who they want to start in 2014, they will absolutely be just as terrible as they are this year.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been able to utter a word since the days of Carl Eller, Jim Marshall and that other guy (AP),,,Tarkenton scamblin about on a snowy Met field lore...4 unsuccessful tries "crushed me" into the leach I am today.

Life woulda turned out a whole lot different if we had only won 1 of those 4 blessings.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, if there were any chance of him panning out to be any sort of long term
solution, he wouldn't have looked almost as bad as Joe Webb out there at QB in
that game.

He practiced with the team for what a week? Did you expect him to look like Joe Montana?

I dont think Freeman has been overrated because I don't remember anyone saying he was great, I know his upside is higher than either Ponder or Cassel's. He's not even 26 years old yet and has played well on bad teams, is he a future hall of famer? Probably not but the problem I have is why sign him and give him 3 million to sit him? Horrible front office and coaching decision. Too be honest as long as the Vikes clean house with the coaching staff after the season I don't care if it's Cassel or Freeman or someone else as long as it's not Ponder starting under center in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.