• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

View from the Ox Box - Sharks 10/30

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Halloween All.

As for the game I thought it was a gutsy comeback win for the Kings. The offense looked a little ragged for the first 2+ periods and the power play (more accurately powerless play) was once again horrible for most of the game. Gotta credit the Sharks defense for a lot of that. Far too many mishandled pucks and bad passes. Looked like everyone was trying to force things. That is until it counted.

The power play that they tied the game at 3-3 on was very well executed. Good puck and player movement that created the open shot for Williams and he buried it. From that point on the game was completely dominated by the Kings. When Braun got called for the hook on Carter it was only a matter of time before Kopitar ended it. The Kings spent the entire power play in the Sharks end.

I think the Sharks may have gotten worn down in that 3rd period. Even though the Kings weren't creating a lot of offense they were very strong on the defensive side and were taking the body hard throughout the first 2 periods. At the end it looked like San Jose was the team that had played the night before in Phoenix.

Ox

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Halloween to you as well Ox!

Kings had a gritty effort last night, they needed this game and they were able to win it - they deserve this day off today and hopefully they'll be fresh for the game on Saturday against Nashville

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they Kings played a very physical game, which is the exact recipe for playing the Sharks. Kings had good energy despite playing the night before.