• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

View from the Ox Box - Dallas 10/19

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good all around game by the Kings I thought. The penalty kill was super. The power play is still not where it should be but they did get a goal after they finally decided to get the puck deep and drive to the net. The are still having some trouble getting the puck out of their own end and into the offensive end. Seems to me if a team presses the puck carrier they can break up the entry rather easily. Gotta fix that coaches!

Williams and Kopitar were easily the best players on the ice. That line was super although Brown didn't have his best game. He still isn't hitting like he should be and had several unBrown like gaffs last night. I though Quick was solid and made the big saves when it counted most. He did give up a lot of big rebounds but his defense was able to clear the puck. Can't put him at fault for either goal. The first was a great deflection by Seguin. Not sure how he was so open at the side of the net though. The second one I put on Regehr. He was a step behind Peverly and couldn't prevent him from getting his stick on the puck. Man is he ever slow. He makes Matt Greene look like a speedster.

All in all a happy time at Staples. Beat a good Dallas team but it was without their starting goaltender. Lehtonen would most likely had Doughty's and for sure Clifford's shots that went in. Add to that the great-granddaughter got a practice puck while down by the glass watching the warmup.

Ox

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you enjoyed the game last night!

Kings played well last night, they dominated the third period, which was the first time this season in which they scored a lot of goals in that period - most of the games have either been close through 60 minutes or there's been a big margin(leading or trailing) come the third period and they didn't do much

Justin Williams was such a beast last night, he was everywhere and he was real close a few times to getting the hat trick goal

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR44 was horrid on that 2nd goal but he played ok for the rest of the game. I think he is the weak cog in the Kings defense. Hope A Mart or Muffin can get better because Regher worries me

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR44 was horrid on that 2nd goal but he played ok for the rest of the game. I think he is the weak cog in the Kings defense. Hope A Mart or Muffin can get better because Regher worries me
Yeah I've noticed RR has been slow this season - hopefully he'll get it together as the season goes on - it wouldn't surprise me if the Kings try to make a deal for some defense later in the season - maybe A-Mart or Muzz steps up