• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Very interesting article on soon to be Boise State TE Austin Griffin

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to me at least as I was not aware that he graduated H.S. way back in 2013. I knew he attended H.S. in Southern Utah so at first I thought perhaps he went on a lengthy L.D.S. mission but that does not appear to be the case. Instead he delayed going to college for three years to focus on being among the best Rubgy players in the U.S.

Here's a link (below) to this very interesting article on the road Austin Griffin took on his way to being the # 1 rated Junior College Tight End in the last football recruiting cycle. If you can get past the fact that he is referred to repeatedly as a Louisville commit in this article that is.

Ex-Rugby star "took different route" to Louisville commitment

Griffin will be a True Junior this fall for Boise State so the possibility of him being redshirted this season is possible.

P.S. IF Griffin was 18 when he graduated H.S. that would mean he is now 24. Or if he was 17 when he graduated H.S. he would now be 23 years old.

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he is a True Junior this season because, as the article mentioned, when he first tried to enter college he wanted to walk-on at Utah but they told him he would have to go the JUCO route as he was ineligible to play DIV I football simply because he had been out of school since 2013. Also he was recorded on the 2017 football team roster for Mt. SAC as a Freshman in 2017 and as a Sophomore in 2018. And lastly he was NOT recorded on the Mt. SAC football roster for 2016. So he does have three years to play two seasons.