• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vandy vs. Bama predictions?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey somebody does like us in Cali. :cheer2:

You from Cali or transplanted from Bama?

Pretty big Alumni club in Cali you should look into it..

Chapters | National Alumni Association

Don't have to be Alum to party with them...

Yeah I'm actually from California - bay area to be exact. By default I am a Cal Bears fan because I went to school there. However, when I was kid, I remember watching the Sugar Bowl in January 1993 and seeing the 92 Tide squad beat the crap out of the Miami Hurricanes. I remember how astonished I was with the Tide defense coached by Gene Stallings - guys such as Teague, Copeland, Shade, Curry, Gaston, Jr., Oden, Langham (who had a short sting with the Niners) and I've been hooked ever since. Btw, I'm not looking at wikipedia right now.

Over the years, I've watched Bama football via Sportschannel South (when it was televised here in Cali), or ESPN. I remember players over the years such as Tony Dixon, Alexander, Saleem Rasheed (who also played with the Niners), Dwayne Rudd, Freddie Milons, Derrick Lassic, David Palmer, oh man the list goes on. I remember the heartaches of games such as seeing Bama lose to Michigan in the Orange Bowl some years ago when Alexander and Milons were still on the team.

I've been tracking this forum but didn't want to post because I wasn't sure if I was going to be flamed or something like that for not being from the area. However, rest assured, I root hard for the Tide. Some of the Niners fans who post here are big fans of the Vols, so I'm not really into that kind of talk. Those guys over there know I've been a Tide fan for awhile. I just have a blast watching football and seeing Saban work his magic by putting together strong recruiting class after another is giving me pride in rooting for this team for so long.

Thanks for the link about the alumni in California. I may have to check it out.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I'm actually from California - bay area to be exact. By default I am a Cal Bears fan because I went to school there. However, when I was kid, I remember watching the Sugar Bowl in January 1993 and seeing the 92 Tide squad beat the crap out of the Miami Hurricanes. I remember how astonished I was with the Tide defense coached by Gene Stallings - guys such as Teague, Copeland, Shade, Curry, Gaston, Jr., Oden, Langham (who had a short sting with the Niners) and I've been hooked ever since. Btw, I'm not looking at wikipedia right now.

Over the years, I've watched Bama football via Sportschannel South (when it was televised here in Cali), or ESPN. I remember players over the years such as Tony Dixon, Alexander, Saleem Rasheed (who also played with the Niners), Dwayne Rudd, Freddie Milons, Derrick Lassic, David Palmer, oh man the list goes on. I remember the heartaches of games such as seeing Bama lose to Michigan in the Orange Bowl some years ago when Alexander and Milons were still on the team.

I've been tracking this forum but didn't want to post because I wasn't sure if I was going to be flamed or something like that for not being from the area. However, rest assured, I root hard for the Tide. Some of the Niners fans who post here are big fans of the Vols, so I'm not really into that kind of talk. Those guys over there know I've been a Tide fan for awhile. I just have a blast watching football and seeing Saban work his magic by putting together strong recruiting class after another is giving me pride in rooting for this team for so long.

Thanks for the link about the alumni in California. I may have to check it out.

:eek2:

Wow... I gotta say, I am impressed and kinda shocked. There aren't many people, who aren't from here, that follow the Tide that closely.

Glad to have ya on board. If it means anything I root for Cal when they are playing USC. :cheer2:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eek2:

Wow... I gotta say, I am impressed and kinda shocked. There aren't many people, who aren't from here, that follow the Tide that closely.

Glad to have ya on board. If it means anything I root for Cal when they are playing USC. :cheer2:

Haha, thanks for the support.

Yeah, well, I never saw a defense like that in 1992. That was something special. I was just a kid back then so I didn't know any better, the history of Bama football, how Paul "The Bear" Bryant was affiliated with all of this, and why Forrest Gump featured for Bama.

I've done my research over the years and kept up with the team for almost every year. There was a QB who I remember had the last name of Kinchens that I wasn't too impressed with. However, I've been following this team closely and they are always the team I choose when I used to play NCAA Football on the playstation.

I actually plan on getting more Bama gear soon since the only thing I have are a couple of championship hats from 1993. Looking forward to the game on November 5.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, thanks for the support.

Yeah, well, I never saw a defense like that in 1992. That was something special.

This years defense is shaping up to be better. It's scary how much better they keep getting game after game...

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sort of
A weird game I just have a weird feeling about this game

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama 38 Vandy 7.

Btw, I may be the only Bama fan in the West Coast

That's cool, my college (Alabama) roommate and his wife live out there in Lancaster. I also had some college friends that moved out there. So there are some Bama fans around California.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Bama to cover and the over

45-7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what i have read on rollbamaroll, since i dont actually follow Vandy, the Vandy offense is pretty weak so they wont actually make a game of it. The question is can their defense creat enough problems to keep Bama scoring more than 30 pts. I dont think they can and i wouldnt be surprised if we won in the range of 38-0.