• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance Joseph

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a sometimes critic of Joseph - just in the measurable difference between how the Bronco front office promoted him and his performance in interviews -and the just plain facts of coach hiring and roster decisions.

I am very encouraged by Joseph in his more recent interviews. He appears much more in his element as a contributor when the players are around him. The players, in turn, seem to want to work for him. Anyways - certainly - so far so good. I don't think the comments about team energy and resolve in the press are just for show either.

One thing that happens to some successful coaches - is the players get in a place after a time - when they just tune out the coach. This - I think - certainly happened to Mike Shanahan over time. Kubiak had the team's attention his first year - and strangely - the team couldn't bring it last year - when a game breaking play was needed.

To the extent the players seem to trust VJ - and the energy he brings to them - these are promising signs for Joseph and the Bronco's fortunes this year.

The jury is still out on Joseph in how well he blends the work of his all star coaching staff. If Joseph can be a John Fox CEO type coach - AND be an inspirational - player coach at the same time - he can have great success and all of us fans will be happy (ever after).

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a sometimes critic of Joseph - just in the measurable difference between how the Bronco front office promoted him and his performance in interviews -and the just plain facts of coach hiring and roster decisions.

I am very encouraged by Joseph in his more recent interviews. He appears much more in his element as a contributor when the players are around him. The players, in turn, seem to want to work for him. Anyways - certainly - so far so good. I don't think the comments about team energy and resolve in the press are just for show either.

One thing that happens to some successful coaches - is the players get in a place after a time - when they just tune out the coach. This - I think - certainly happened to Mike Shanahan over time. Kubiak had the team's attention his first year - and strangely - the team couldn't bring it last year - when a game breaking play was needed.

To the extent the players seem to trust VJ - and the energy he brings to them - these are promising signs for Joseph and the Bronco's fortunes this year.

The jury is still out on Joseph in how well he blends the work of his all star coaching staff. If Joseph can be a John Fox CEO type coach - AND be an inspirational - player coach at the same time - he can have great success and all of us fans will be happy (ever after).
I was totally on board till you mentioned Fox. To me anyway, he didn't portray the " respect/ fear of repercussion/ do your job or we will replace you aura you need to get your team inspired and believe in you. Look how many times in major nationally televised big games his team came out downright flat. He will get fired before midseason in Chicago this year. Book it. If VJ can get his staff and players to believe he is 100% committed to them, good things will happen. Don't get me wrong, I think most players liked coach Fox, I just don't think many revered him as " the guy I would name my kid after/ embrace as " COACH " like the truly respected coaches get in this league now and before. Denver needs a " dynasty " coach going forward. Not sure VJ is that guy , but I will be very much rooting for him to be that guy. I won't give up on him even if Denver falls short this year as long as you see the players giving everything they got for 4 qtrs every game. That will tell a lot as to his future going forward.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was totally on board till you mentioned Fox. To me anyway, he didn't portray the " respect/ fear of repercussion/ do your job or we will replace you aura you need to get your team inspired and believe in you. Look how many times in major nationally televised big games his team came out downright flat. He will get fired before midseason in Chicago this year. Book it. If VJ can get his staff and players to believe he is 100% committed to them, good things will happen. Don't get me wrong, I think most players liked coach Fox, I just don't think many revered him as " the guy I would name my kid after/ embrace as " COACH " like the truly respected coaches get in this league now and before. Denver needs a " dynasty " coach going forward. Not sure VJ is that guy , but I will be very much rooting for him to be that guy. I won't give up on him even if Denver falls short this year as long as you see the players giving everything they got for 4 qtrs every game. That will tell a lot as to his future going forward.

I mentioned Fox - in the context that VJ - has many coaches as assistance with much more experience than he does - he needs to let them to do their jobs - without - letting them muddle the big picture of team focus. This Fox did rather well. What it appears - thus far - VJ brings is more of an emotional connection to the players.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have decided In Elway I trust .. He will either be damn good or Damn gone ! Either way I as a fan am blessed .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Decided I will hold my water ./

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned Fox - in the context that VJ - has many coaches as assistance with much more experience than he does - he needs to let them to do their jobs - without - letting them muddle the big picture of team focus. This Fox did rather well. What it appears - thus far - VJ brings is more of an emotional connection to the players.
I understood what you were getting at with Fox. Thank God he didn't have an ego that interfered with his common sense and he was smart enough to know he was out of his league to stick his foot in where those guys were way more qualified and he knew that at least. All the great coaches have been surrounded by assistants that knew and understood his philosophy and he trusted they would teach it accordingly. His job as HC is to get the players to believe in him. Respect and commitment. Sure Fox was a " buddy " kind of coach but he always looked totally confused half the time on sidelines and almost out of his element. He inspired high fives from his players, not high respect imo. Can VJ pull it off ? Yet to be seen but at least he's shown he's not deaf to the fact it's important to let the staff he has around him implement his goals and concentrate on being the leader on the sidelines and earn the players respect and devotion on and off the field. Great coaches let their coaches coach . Their job ( HC ) is toughest They got to get all of them to buy in and the right personality is key. Fox didn't have it. VJ.......we'll see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now at least from listening to interviews of both VJ, players, and FO people VJ seems like a mix of Pete Carroll and Mike Tomlin. The players have talked about VJ allowing a lot more music to be blaring throughout practices, meetings, and in the locker room. He wants a fun environment that these players want to be a part of. He is a guy that can have fun with his players but at the same time has that Mike Tomlin intensity when he needs to.

We will have to see how well that works. I do think guys like that for the first few years can do well inspiring their players to give full effort. My fear though is those types of coaches are not always the long-term solution. That inspirational speech given for the 20th time begins to lose some luster and if you don't have the right locker room they can quickly turn on you. We are seeing some of that happen in Seattle right now with Carroll.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now at least from listening to interviews of both VJ, players, and FO people VJ seems like a mix of Pete Carroll and Mike Tomlin. The players have talked about VJ allowing a lot more music to be blaring throughout practices, meetings, and in the locker room. He wants a fun environment that these players want to be a part of. He is a guy that can have fun with his players but at the same time has that Mike Tomlin intensity when he needs to.

We will have to see how well that works. I do think guys like that for the first few years can do well inspiring their players to give full effort. My fear though is those types of coaches are not always the long-term solution. That inspirational speech given for the 20th time begins to lose some luster and if you don't have the right locker room they can quickly turn on you. We are seeing some of that happen in Seattle right now with Carroll.
Agree on Pete aspect as well. When he came to Seattle, just about everyone on roster were young and ready to die for Carroll's college " Ra Ra " attitude. Worked for awhile until team got older especially with FA vets who are very intuned into HC " bullshit " monotony year after year. Tell ya truth also, don't know how Tomlin didn't lose his team after his embarrassing cheating incident on sidelines few years ago. I figured he would lose a lot of respect,etc but didn't happen. Says a lot for that tight Pittsburgh family they got over there. They rallied around him instead.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local birdie said Trevor stay after practice to work with receivers while Lynch went in with everyone else. Not sure if Lynch had something to do but TS is out there after practice.

Demarcus Ware thinks Trevor will win the job mainly because he is a defensive player who wants to win now and doesn't really care to develop a QB