• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance Joseph to the Broncos

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VJ has officially been hired by the Broncos. A great move for the fins. Our defense just got better.

Now, time to focus on a replacement which will be the easiest task for the Fins this off-season

Reactions: TJL

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did that can get a job as a head coach? LMFAO

Huh? That made no sense... Are you asking how that guy can get a job as an HC? Well, like I have been saying - he certainly has done little this season to earn such a promotion - no matter who the team is -- But, like I said before , there is familiarity between him and the Broncos organization and I think that was the ultimate factor. I don't see how it can be anything else beyond that

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? That made no sense... Are you asking how that guy can get a job as an HC? Well, like I have been saying - he certainly has done little this season to earn such a promotion - no matter who the team is -- But, like I said before , there is familiarity between him and the Broncos organization and I think that was the ultimate factor. I don't see how it can be anything else beyond that
I was calling him a can, like a tomato can lol

it's a popular phrase on another board I used to post on, just used to saying it lol

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright then

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well 4 other teams wanted to invterview the guy for the HC gig. San Diego from what I understand had him as their top choice. So obviously the rest of the NFL sees something beyond some bad numbers this year.

And I wouldn't say the defense was as bad as some made it out to be. They were 6th in negative plays forced. 6th in red zone defense. 3rd in 3rd down defense. All usually viewed as important numbers when it comes to defensive efficiency.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 4 other teams wanted to invterview the guy for the HC gig. San Diego from what I understand had him as their top choice. So obviously the rest of the NFL sees something beyond some bad numbers this year.

And I wouldn't say the defense was as bad as some made it out to be. They were 6th in negative plays forced. 6th in red zone defense. 3rd in 3rd down defense. All usually viewed as important numbers when it comes to defensive efficiency.

I've tried man. Some don't want to hear it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried man. Some don't want to hear it.

Well and I would add that the head coaching job goes way beyond just how they did as coordinators. While that can be nice to see them being top at what they do that hasn’t always equaled success at the NFL level.

Broncos hired Josh McDaniels right after NE had the best offense in NFL history. As a Head Coach he was down right terrible and almost destroyed the organization.

Our DC Wade Phillips said that he is a terrible HC but he can coach the heck out of the defense.

Then look at the top Head Coaches in the league right now. Most don’t even call plays during the game. Bill Belichick helps game plan throughout the week in all 3 phases but during the game his coaches do all the calls.

Pete Carroll helped design the defense in Seattle but his coordinators still make all the calls.

Mike Tomlin didn’t do much as a coordinator before being hired yet has been one of the most consistent coaches of the last 10 years.

At least for me while I don't know what Vance Joseph will be like as a Head Coach I'm at least willing to wait and see what happens before saying this was a trash move.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said he was bad. The stats obviously are in his favor. My beef with him is he highly underachieved IMO injuries or not. He failed to realize the weapons he had on his unit and use them properly.

But, he is the Broncos problem now.