• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Seth right there. I honestly think he has a good mind for the game, but he was just bad at handling the guys on his bench (players and coaches alike).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Seth right there. I honestly think he has a good mind for the game, but he was just bad at handling the guys on his bench (players and coaches alike).

Greenburg was terrible handling his bench. He ran his starters into the ground, wearing his players down. It's part of the reason we'd blow winnable games late in the season. Guys like Delaney were just worn slam out playing 36 minutes a game because he couldn't figure out how to stagger his subs.

I will say this about JJ. He does seem to be better in that respect. He did a great job getting Green short periods of rest and wasn't afraid to use all the guys he had available even if it meant putting in a walk on so a starter could get a breath for 2 minutes

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Montrezl Harrell cat is purty good.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Garland just won them the game. Thanks Greenburg!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrone Garland hits the game winner to send VT to the Sweet 16!!!! Oh wait... :L

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing rumors of a transfer...Robert Brown. :bolt:

Given the current trend, I look forward to him averaging 22 points a game off 55% shooting at his next school

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH I had thought it would be CJB, and I am so glad it's not. He really came on well by the end of the year. And we have a couple combo guards/wings coming in next year so I feel better about our backcourt depth (aside from losing Erick of course)

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Brown transferring? Frustrating player to watch with how reckless he plays, but hope he sticks around.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he must have had a very frustrating year, but I really hope he fights through those feelings and sticks around. I still think he can have a bright future at VT.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope he stays too...wearing a different color jersey isnt going to make those shots drop...if he is unhappy with his numbers, he only has to look to himself to change those, he had plenty of opportunity to be a very big contributor to the team this year

if it's for other reasons, personal reasons, then i hope he does what he needs to do, but if it's cause of his numbers, well, only he can fix that

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our players need to take lessons from Green on how to make yourself a better player. Every day he was in the gym shooting at 6 am or something ridiculous. If you truly want to get better you have to go above and beyond

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does leave, its his choice. He definitely needs to work on his shot but its not like he doesn't have opportunites. This isn't like Garland or Manny Atkins, who Greenberg buried with limited minutes. But he better be the only one to leave. I'm just totally speaking in hypothetical here but if any more players/recruits leave, I'd strongly consider dumping JJ and hiring a coach with more experience. I'd be way more comfortable with an experienced coach piecing the program back together than JJ. Again, I'm totally just spit balling here but I really don't think the program can afford any more players leaving given the current situation. Given JJ's lack of experience and the potential lack of usable player talent, you're really running the risk of severely damaging the program for years to come.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does leave, its his choice. He definitely needs to work on his shot but its not like he doesn't have opportunites. This isn't like Garland or Manny Atkins, who Greenberg buried with limited minutes. But he better be the only one to leave. I'm just totally speaking in hypothetical here but if any more players/recruits leave, I'd strongly consider dumping JJ and hiring a coach with more experience. I'd be way more comfortable with an experienced coach piecing the program back together than JJ. Again, I'm totally just spit balling here but I really don't think the program can afford any more players leaving given the current situation. Given JJ's lack of experience and the potential lack of usable player talent, you're really running the risk of severely damaging the program for years to come.

Hasn't Weaver already accomplished this? He even practiced by destroying the women's program first.

BornaHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Barksdale may be next. But what isnt being reported is Brown's gf is from Fla too and on the Volleyball team and is not getting any playing time and is leaving VT also.