• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: V Bruins

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....... It's time for stubborn Sutter to go. He won't wont pull the goalie until it's too late. No time-out when the ice the puck.

KING playing with Kopitar? He needs to go. Hit the farm buddy

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings should entertain the idea of trading Kopitar.

I'm sure everyone's going to say I'm crazy, but I see a player that has his contract and doesn't care anymore.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete hit it first, but I am saying the same thing - I think this is Sutter's last season as coach. Maybe even the last week or two. You guys know I always say a coach, GM, etc. has a shelf life in the NHL and I think Sutter's is up in LA. Dumbo isn't too far behind as we hit on that other thread.

The Kings simply are not responding to him any more, he needs veteran players (5-6+ years) and those guys are gone - Richards, Stoll, Mitchell, Regehr, etc. - and I don't think the younger guys want to perform for him.

I see a big shake up coming whether it's a trade or a firing.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure firing Sutter would do anything this far in the season, plus the Kings are doing everything they are supposed too except score and win.......the analytics say so. Who would the Kings hire to replace him that would coach the same style? Now if they did fire Sutter and loosen the style a little then ok...I can see some value.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Stothers from the AHlL? He has been someone who has been getting results out of players

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
February 23 postgame quotes: Darryl Sutter - LA Kings Insider

Sutter post-game quotes are pretty telling. He's right in calling out the top end guys for not producing, BUT this is like the 2nd or 3rd time he's blamed Budaj for something. I think it's pretty awful to sell your goalie out like that, and I think the writing is on the wall for Sutter. I really just don't like his comments, and it looks like a lot of people in the comments of that article feel the same way.

This team plays uninspired, and I starting to seriously worry about Kopitar. Pulling a Getzlaf right now. Have a kid, get the contract, and then lose the fire.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to the Saturday game. Rumor is Quick may start.
Duck Loving Wife has promised not to mock me until we reach the 110 if we lose.
The not mocking in front of other Kings fans is my birthday gift.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am going to the Saturday game. Rumor is Quick may start.
Duck Loving Wife has promised not to mock me until we reach the 110 if we lose.
The not mocking in front of other Kings fans is my birthday gift.

You are correct about the rumors and I am thinking he is back ahead of schedule.
This from the practices notes:
"At practice on Friday, Quick was the first goaltender off the ice when in previous practices he had been among those to remain on for extra work."

February 24 practice notes, Quick reports, Doughty quotes - LA Kings Insider

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Now if Gabby, Kopitar, and/or Toffi score it will be a better day
That is a large list there Dav lol, at this rate you will be lucky if Kopi or Toffoli score. Gaborik, you'd consider yourself lucky if you saw him actually back check lol

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a large list there Dav lol, at this rate you will be lucky if Kopi or Toffoli score. Gaborik, you'd consider yourself lucky if you saw him actually back check lol
I just meant any one of them but if all three score I'm buying lotto tickets

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
February 23 postgame quotes: Darryl Sutter - LA Kings Insider

Sutter post-game quotes are pretty telling. He's right in calling out the top end guys for not producing, BUT this is like the 2nd or 3rd time he's blamed Budaj for something. I think it's pretty awful to sell your goalie out like that, and I think the writing is on the wall for Sutter. I really just don't like his comments, and it looks like a lot of people in the comments of that article feel the same way.

Honestly I think Sutter's criticism of goaltending is warranted, Budaj is not making the saves he was making just months ago. While I don't think the second goal was his fault at all - broken stick on a one timer changing the puck up - I do think the first goal was one he should have stopped. I think it's happened so often recently Sutter is just throwing up the white flag.

Muffin turns it over and Gravel played the 2-on-1 perfectly, taking away the pass and Marchand on the outside. That is the goalie's responsibility to make that save from outside the circles, odd man rush or not, and he did not.

I can count at least 4 goals in the last 2 weeks that have beat Budaj on the glove side when the shooter was in a low percentage scoring area. That''s on him and those are backbreaking goals.

I don't mind if a goalie gives up a goal where he had no chance or is simply a rocket, high slot, deflection but I do expect an NHL caliber goalie to make the saves he's supposed to. Budaj is exhausted from what I can see but it's a catch 22 because Shitkoff sucks.

This team plays uninspired, and I starting to seriously worry about Kopitar. Pulling a Getzlaf right now. Have a kid, get the contract, and then lose the fire.

Definitely not on the same page as you, I think he is doing everything everywhere else. His shooting percentage is unusually low this season, well below his career average. He is still driving play in all 3 zones. Getzzlaf looked like a minor league player for a few years altogether.

Kopitar is in a major slump this year, I will admit that, but I am not concerned about him.