• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UW @ Colorado

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy sporting tOSU. :pound:

Hey I currently live in Boulder & my son just graduated from CU earlier this year. Just kidding around about the fans though...because true CU are very far & few between.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is until CU actually turns their pigskin program around only the fair weather fans will show up @ games. Between all the outdoor activities here (hiking, camping ect.) there's too much to do rather than waste 3+ hours @ Folsom Field just to watch the Buffs loose again.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is until CU actually turns their pigskin program around only the fair weather fans will show up @ games. Between all the outdoor activities here (hiking, camping ect.) there's too much to do rather than waste 3+ hours @ Folsom Field just to watch the Buffs loose again.

Yep. I get it.

It was really more of a shot at the lack of fans at the hoop than the entirety of the fan base.

Losing a lot gets old. We understand. UW has been in perpetual rebuild mode for over a decade. But we still SportsHoopla!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I get it.

It was really more of a shot at the lack of fans at the hoop than the entirety of the fan base.

Losing a lot gets old. We understand. UW has been in perpetual rebuild mode for over a decade. But we still SportsHoopla!

Excellent. Although I doubt your Huskies have any problems this weekend.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what any of our base expects from this game. So far this has been the worst offense this school has seen maybe since the 70's. Yes, the 2008 offense wasn't good, but this has been fucking god awful.

I do expect more this week than last. Both because the weather will be better and because the running game should improve with some injured guys coming back and that helps the passing game.

To me it's kind of simple. If Shaq gets more than 10 carries and Ross more than 5 touches they should score. If either of those are not true they could be in trouble.

I can tell you this, if they lose it won't be people going after Smith anymore. They will start planting the blame right on Petersen.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you this, if they lose it won't be people going after Smith anymore. They will start planting the blame right on Petersen.

I think you're probably right. I won't be one of them though.

If we end up in a situation like Sark and Holt a few years down the road and this offense is still miserable, I might start to question Petersen.

I don't think that will happen though. As you said earlier Petersen isn't going to throw anyone under the bus. He'll evaluate the season as a whole and make the changes he needs to be successful. :hope:

The guy is good. We all know that. All the assistant awards he has won and the awards as a head coach. Some people like to think he won't make it and Koetter and Hawkins are perfect examples, that BSU was good before Petersen blah blah blah.

The fact is he did things neither of them did. He held a 9-3 record vs AQ schools during his time at BSU. (Thats not counting his games against Utah, and TCU).

Koetter was 1-4 and Hawkins was 1-8 against that level of competition.

He's an excellent coach. He will get us back to competing for PAC titles.

...and who knows. Maybe Smith will turn this around. I have my doubts but a guy who is a reputed excellent judge of talent in coaches as well as players has faith in him. Or at least thats what he's saying.

I don't think this offense is ever going to be world beaters this year, even if the play calling gets better. But it's certainly a shame to watch such a good D go to waste because they get 0 help from them at this point.

GO DAWGS!!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting that fire petersen will be the response with a loss. But this isn't like Sark/Holt. Sark was an offensive minded head coach and the problems were on defense. Petersen is also an offensive minded head coach. All of his prior assistant coaching was on offense. He has been a QB and receivers coach. There is zero excuse for him not having more input on this offense.

I'm saying a loss would put the blame on Petersen and you can bet I'll be one doing so. There is literally no excuse for the super poor game planning and play calling when your HC was a former OC himself. Sark got a bit of a pass because he wasn't a defense guy.

In this case, putting blame doesn't mean fire him now. Petersen will get a few years no matter what and rightfully so, but you can't blindly blame Smith for the anemia and not Petersen.

Of course they could just go out and score 30 today with some balance and show some progress and avoid all that messy bullshit.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they could just go out and score 30 today with some balance and show some progress and avoid all that messy bullshit.

For a week or so...

I'm not ready to start blaming Petersen. I think a lot of us were hoping he would come in and just pick up where Sark left off, but that's not really reasonable. This hasn't been a smooth transition, and that's okay as long as it ends up being for good reason. Only time will tell if it will be.

Of course all the blame can't be put on one guy (Smith). But I think it's a little ridiculous to suggest that Smith's deficiencies should be put on Petersen. He seems like the type who probably has everyone's responsibilities clearly defined. And if that's the case I don't think saying "I'm taking over because you're sucking" is the tone he wants to set.

The offense will get better (if for no other reason than it can't go any other way). I still have little doubt that Petersen's the guy we want, and he'll get the program back to where we know it should be. Give him time. If the offense doesn't greatly improve in the following weeks and Smith is still employed as the OC next year, then we have some issues...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... some people are calling this one the 'weed bowl' :pound:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a week or so...

I'm not ready to start blaming Petersen. I think a lot of us were hoping he would come in and just pick up where Sark left off, but that's not really reasonable. This hasn't been a smooth transition, and that's okay as long as it ends up being for good reason. Only time will tell if it will be.

Of course all the blame can't be put on one guy (Smith). But I think it's a little ridiculous to suggest that Smith's deficiencies should be put on Petersen. He seems like the type who probably has everyone's responsibilities clearly defined. And if that's the case I don't think saying "I'm taking over because you're sucking" is the tone he wants to set.

The offense will get better (if for no other reason than it can't go any other way). I still have little doubt that Petersen's the guy we want, and he'll get the program back to where we know it should be. Give him time. If the offense doesn't greatly improve in the following weeks and Smith is still employed as the OC next year, then we have some issues...
As an offensive minded head coach he surely is involved in the game planning and player evaluations. There is zero chance he isn't making decisions and having input.

Smith should be held accountable, but Petersen isn't without his blame as well. As HC he can't piss away an entire season and simply pass it off as someone else's problem. That's not how leadership works.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an offensive minded head coach he surely is involved in the game planning and player evaluations. There is zero chance he isn't making decisions and having input.

Smith should be held accountable, but Petersen isn't without his blame as well. As HC he can't piss away an entire season and simply pass it off as someone else's problem. That's not how leadership works.

You're right.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made their plays when they needed to and beat a team they should.

Defense came alive in the second half and the only question is why were they so flat in the first half?

Not one touch by John Ross. :L NOT ONE :noidea:

The botched snaps and dumb turnovers didn't kill them today, but next week with UCLA at home? Can't have that shit.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made their plays when they needed to and beat a team they should.

Defense came alive in the second half and the only question is why were they so flat in the first half?

Not one touch by John Ross. :L NOT ONE :noidea:

The botched snaps and dumb turnovers didn't kill them today, but next week with UCLA at home? Can't have that shit.

I'm rolling with what you said in the game thread. They out stupided us.

Theres no way in hell we win that game against a halfway decent team. 3 turnovers in the red zone? on the road? But we're desperate so I'll take it.

Not sure how to view the Shaq thing. Its easy to say how awesome he was against the worse running D in the conference. I mean he did do great. I just don't get the mindset of taking a defensive game changer off the D and putting him on the O. Whatever. More than likely we'll see it again next week and shaq will get shutdown against a decent D.

We would have won 31-19 if he played D. :whistle:

Onto UCLA fella's. Cya around...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect to see Shaq going both ways, but shading more on defense next week. They have said they are using him because of injuries and I think we get a couple of guys back this week.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th win, nice, now UCLA I'm not a fan of Mora and his mouth, I really want to see them come out and pound the crap out of UCLA.....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th win, nice, now UCLA I'm not a fan of Mora and his mouth, I really want to see them come out and pound the crap out of UCLA.....

Would love to see us get a signature W of the season. A win against UCLA would be a nice step forward. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to beat either UCLA or Arizona to make anything of this season IMO. Even if they took out both Oregon State and WSU, not having any quality wins would make it a down year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see us get a signature W of the season. A win against UCLA would be a nice step forward. :suds:

I think this can happen, all the hype about UCLA coming into the season hasn't happened, so this game is open for the taken.