• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA vs Belgium

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out all the douches in the WC. :L

Yeah I view it...Pretty sad

I didn't comment though because that's what they want.

They want posters from the Soccer board to comment so they can gang up on us

I posted. Do not much care cause I am fairly well hated anyways. What is being said in that thread is wrong. I enjoyed the game or match or whatever today. I was rooting for USA of course. Like I said they played hard and made it further than anyone expected. That is a great step in the right direction.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played hard and put on a solid performance this WC. We got farther in the tournament then countries teams who believe the sport revolves around them.

Losing a player of Altidore's importance really hurt us today. Once your facing competition at this level, got to have everything clicking.

Very pleased with this WC. Watching Howard do what he does was a privilege. That was truly special.

Klins is doing a great job and lots to look forward to with continuous spanks of Mexico and gold and concacaf cups till 2018. Nice to see the future on display with players like Yedlin and Green. The team continues to move in the right direction.

Go USA!!! :usa2:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the Gold Cup in 2015 and Copa America right here in the US in 2016

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the Gold Cup in 2015 and Copa America right here in the US in 2016

And hopefully that looming announcement that FIFA does the right thing and moves the 2022 WC to the USA where it should of been.

:suds:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we'd played more of the game like we did the last 15 minutes it may have been different. Belgium deserved the win today. 2018 looks bright and in Jurgen I trust.

I don't know about that. I feel like if we played that way the entire game we would have given up lots of counter attacks and probably lost like 4-1. We could have been a bit more aggressive, sure, but we don't have the precision and talent to trade blows like that. Only thing we could have done was play like we did against Portugal and just possess the ball more while slowly working it into an opportunity. But that game may have been an anomaly because several games we had trouble just keep the ball.

As for Dempsey and Howard, just how likely is it they're both done? Do goalies fall off quickly after a certain age? I only follow soccer casually so I don't really know. 39 (in 2018) is old for an athlete but we're seeing more and more still being able to compete at a high level in other sports. Same goes for Dempsey.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. I feel like if we played that way the entire game we would have given up lots of counter attacks and probably lost like 4-1. We could have been a bit more aggressive, sure, but we don't have the precision and talent to trade blows like that. Only thing we could have done was play like we did against Portugal and just possess the ball more while slowly working it into an opportunity. But that game may have been an anomaly because several games we had trouble just keep the ball.

As for Dempsey and Howard, just how likely is it they're both done? Do goalies fall off quickly after a certain age? I only follow soccer casually so I don't really know. 39 (in 2018) is old for an athlete but we're seeing more and more still being able to compete at a high level in other sports. Same goes for Dempsey.

Turkey, your analysis of the final 15 minutes is spot on. We do not have the talent to posses in effective parts of the field and if we want to attack we are too exposed on the counter.

Other than the goalie, mid thirties is too old. As for Howard at 39, it could happen but the US is usually loaded with goalkeeping talent he will be pushed out.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played hard and put on a solid performance this WC. We got farther in the tournament then countries teams who believe the sport revolves around them.

Losing a player of Altidore's importance really hurt us today. Once your facing competition at this level, got to have everything clicking.

Very pleased with this WC. Watching Howard do what he does was a privilege. That was truly special.

Klins is doing a great job and lots to look forward to with continuous spanks of Mexico and gold and concacaf cups till 2018. Nice to see the future on display with players like Yedlin and Green. The team continues to move in the right direction.

Go USA!!! :usa2:

Altidore really hurt the balance of the team and our depth is not that of the elite teams. Dempsey played in a less effective part of the field for his strengths and it trickled down to the rest of the line up. Remarkable that we made the final 16 considering.

Ultimately, we got drilled today, but Howard was super human and kept us around. A shame we had so few chances.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I was a total bandwagon fan and can hardly tell you who was on the team but I did enjoy the last few games and plan to watch some more MLS stuff.

They played hard and lost. Nothing to be ashamed of and they made it much farther than was predicted against the best teams in the world.

Good shit IMO

I agree with this, I'm glad I gave it a chance. I don't really see myself watching any more soccer though. I enjoyed watching the WC because I felt invested in it. We don't have a team around here (closest would be Kansas City, I would guess) and I have never done well with "adopting" teams in any sport. I do, however, have a lot more respect for the sport than I did before, and will keep an eye out for when the national team plays again :suds:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always watched and enjoyed the World Cup and I'm sad to see us eliminated. That being said; I will not be watching any soccer again til the next one. I think that puts me in the majority too.

I can be in Columbus in 2 hours for a Crew game. It just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of the casual soccer fans, no need to wait until the next World Cup. The Copa America in 2016 will 100% be worth watching - especially since it is being hosted in the US.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valiant effort by the USA, however their attacking mindset was just too late.

Belgium was the better team without question but the best player was our Howard.

IMO, many of the exploits came to form... the lack of an offensive game, the poor play of our midfielders(Bradley....what can I say) and just the overall little nuisances of a good touch, good pass, decision making, accuracy, being able to create space without necessarily gunning it, the small things of playing soccer.....

Yedlin and Green are going to have a good future for the US, Yedlin is only to get better with experience and I'll forsee an attacking CB type offense similar to what you see with the likes of Brazil n Spain's backfield.

Dempsey sh*t the bed IMO, after a perfect and I mean perfect set up play from the free kick, he had it right there....

I thought Wondo scores goals? that failtard failed!

but gritty and well done performance... good enough for the elite 8 but a shame they ditched Howard yesterday.

to 2018 with new blood hopefully

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a tough loss. However, this loss highlights something the pisses me off about American soccer. It is something that you notice wherever it is played. American soccer teams always look to force the attack no matter what. When an American soccer team gets the ball, the idea is always push it up the field and try to get a shot or cross. They never possess the ball, you never see a player drop the ball if a cross is not an option. You never see a midfielder pass it to another midfielder just to keep possession. It is so fucking annoying. Every time a us player gets the ball it's time to force an attack. Whether it be the us national team, an mls team, a college team, a high school team, or a child's club team, nobody withdraws from an attack no matter how bad the odds of success are.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That they made it out of the 'group of death' at all without their scoring centerpiece was amazing.

What would that game have looked like if Jozy had been healthy and in sync with that team?

Yes their attacks were kind of weak and maybe not having Donovan was a mistake given that Jozy went out so early and they didn't get a lot of inspired passes into the scoring area, but the story of the event was Howard specifically and a few other members of that defense that kept several high scoring teams down.

Yedlin came out and made a name for himself on the national team. Awesome to see as he we see him every week playing for our home town squad and have watched him emerge over the last season and a half. Kid is just flat out a baller.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only until stoppage time did the US play with any sense or urgency. During the run of play the US just gave the ball away too easily to Belgium and seemed to not have any sense of what there gameplan was. Now it's hard to have a game plan and have it effective if you are defending for 99% of the time. Minus a few break-downs I thought the US D played Superb yesterday

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh how close to moving on

PepperyEveryCoypu.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Ugh. Why did you post that? It just gets more infuriating the more you watch it. Not only was it high, it was off target to the right. Seriously, wtf. The only way he could have fucked up more is if his pants fell down.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have also passed it to Dempsey (it looks like) who was right next to him for the easy tap in if he did not feel comfortable shooting it