• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Prospects Game Returns To Buffalo.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice that the Team will make it part of the season ticket package.

The big announcement between USA Hockey and the Buffalo Sabres is that the All-American Prospects Game will return to Buffalo for two years -- in 2014 and 2015.

The event showcases the top 40 American-born prospects eligible for the upcoming NHL Entry Draft. Next year's game will be held Sept. 24, 2014.

Buffalo hosted the inaugural event in 2012.

"This is a part of the world that has a lot of USA Hockey DNA in it," said Dave Ogrean, the executive director of USA Hockey about Western New York. Ogrean also noted that USA Hockey will likely return to Buffalo and the new HarborCenter complex with more events in the future.

"We want the path to the NHL to go straight through Buffalo whether you're an official, a coach or a player," said Sabres president Ted Black.

Also of note for fans is that tickets to the prospects game will be included as part of the Sabres season ticket package at no additional cost.

Short video with story....

Prospects Game Returns To Buffalo - Sabres Edge - The Buffalo News

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Buffalo.

You should check out the game Boss. Those prospect games usually offer tonnes of entertainment value with none of the stress of watching our perennial also-ran NHL teams.:yahoo:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may just do that Kenny. Those games usually are pretty damn good.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of prospects games, there's one in Calgary going on tomorrow night at the Saddledome in Calgary.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to make it out there for that. I blew it by not going to the World Juniors and the Winter Classic.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK thanks dash. I hope the coaches don't kiss before the game. :lol:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's pretty much the equivalent of the prospects game in Buffalo?

The game in Buffalo is for top American prospects (USA born guys) and likely draws guys from the US National Development Program as well as NCAA teams while the CHL Top Prospects game is open to all players regardless of birthplace that play in the WHL, OHL, or QMJHL.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game in Buffalo is for top American prospects (USA born guys) and likely draws guys from the US National Development Program as well as NCAA teams while the CHL Top Prospects game is open to all players regardless of birthplace that play in the WHL, OHL, or QMJHL.

OK, Got it, Thanks Dash.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHL Top Prospects game Boss, the Team Cherry versus Team Orr game.

Awfully funny how having a player agent as one of the coaches in a (draft eligible and unsigned) prospects game has never been considered a conflict of interest. Can't criticize Bobby for anything though I guess, I mean look at that cute smile of his!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And these are all undrafted players only, right?

This is different than the Traverse city tourney, I am guessing. Which I might try and get to next year.

Might try to make this one too.