• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1, Buffalo Bills @ Los Angeles Rams, Thursday Night Football, SoFi Stadium, Thursday, 09/08/2022, 5:20PM, PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that all the personnel decisions have largely been made and all of the new coaching changes are in place, the Rams are getting after getting ready to defend their Snooperbowl Victory and NFL Championship against the Buffalo Bills on Thursday Night Football. The Rams will be on Prime Time and be the premier season-opening game. Of course the big story will be the Rams facing the Bills' Von Miller. We shall see how our revamped O-line does against a much-improved Bills defense that is touted to be at Snooperbowl level. WE shall see how all of the personnel changes (coaches and players) play-out at home in front of a National audience. I think this will be a close game but I expect the Rams to start the season with the win.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to remain optimistic but Noteboom at LT now and we still have Brian Allen. I think we may have a turnstile at RG but we will see how the line holds up.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to remain optimistic but Noteboom at LT now and we still have Brian Allen. I think we may have a turnstile at RG but we will see how the line holds up.
I think the O-line is going to be an issue all season.

You can't keep ignoring the position and expect everything to remain status quo.

Bruss looked terrible prior to his injury, which is shocking considering he played at Wisconsin (which is known for their OL prospects).

They passed on Humpries to take the midget who they don't need, but will force feed in order to justify the pick. That in turn will hinder McCutcheon development as it puts him further down the depth chart than he should be.

I am of the opinion, if you can ball, then you can play. It doesn't matter where you went to college. And McCutcheon can ball.

Remember everyone's talk about Kupp coming out and how his numbers weren't impressive because he went to Eastern Washington? Yeah, how did that turn out?

The OL will be a problem and the depth behind the starters is very suspect. At some point, the FO and McVay are going to need to address the OL before the 3rd round every draft.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Evans has versatility isn't a reason to keep him around when he sucks on the field. Giving up 3 pressures a game is not good play, and that doesn't even count the penalties he commits.

They should've released or traded Evans to give other guys a chance to to play regardless of game experience. Again, if you can ball, you can play. Evans cannot ball.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is McShit-fer-Brains will address the O-line this coming draft when Edwards' and Havenstein's contracts expire at the end of this season. They will be forced to and they'll do a draft like they did this past draft with DBs by selecting a whole slew of O-lineman every round with a smittering of other players.

If they win the Snooperbowl, then I'll bet they will keep Havenstein and bring in a bunch of FAs and they will let Edwards walk. They can't keep Edwards, Havenstein, and Gaines unless AD and Stafford retire. Perkins will also be a FA and at that point McShit-fer-Brains will decide to blow-it up to some degree and bring the peeps they need to start a semi-rebuild.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is McShit-fer-Brains will address the O-line this coming draft when Edwards' and Havenstein's contracts expire at the end of this season. They will be forced to and they'll do a draft like they did this past draft with DBs by selecting a whole slew of O-lineman every round with a smittering of other players.

If they win the Snooperbowl, then I'll bet they will keep Havenstein and bring in a bunch of FAs and they will let Edwards walk. They can't keep Edwards, Havenstein, and Gaines unless AD and Stafford retire. Perkins will also be a FA and at that point McShit-fer-Brains will decide to blow-it up to some degree and bring the peeps they need to start a semi-rebuild.
Losing Gaines will suck.

They spent the time to groom him, he finally is reaching that potential and then he becomes a FA who they can’t afford because they are paying AD, Staff and Kupp top dollar.

It really irks me guys that look after themselves and not the team as a whole. I lost some respect for AD for threatening retirement just to get a new pay raise when he still had 2 seasons left on his contract.

Dude was already making 20M. Do you really need 30? Do you know what the team could do with an extra 10M in cap space, especially if you are going to lose Gaines as a result? That 10M could’ve gone to him.

Kupp didn’t need a pay raise. He still had 3 years on his recent extension and was making bank. Staff needed an extension, but not what they paid him. He’s already had his big contracts.

For guys who claim they want to keep winning, they don’t act like it with their contracts.

You can’t keep a solid core if 4-5 guys eat up the majority of the team cap.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep ALR it is egomania mixed with greed. And just wait until Beckham Jr wants his payday coming-up.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Andrew Whitworth's replacement? Pretty big hole to fill for the OL for the title winning Rams.....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba-DJ. Joe Noteboom takes over the Left Tackle spot. He's pretty good and he played last year filling in for Whitworth when he was injured and he was the first in the game when McVay ran the Jumbo package in the running game and plays in the red zone. Noteboom will do well and so will Coleman Shelton who is taking over the Right Guard spot vacated when Austin Corbett went to the Panthers.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will know this Thursday

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How big of an impact will the heat wave have? Should be 90+ degrees at kickoff...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How big of an impact will the heat wave have? Should be 90+ degrees at kickoff...
I'm amazed that they couldn't find a way to cool that multi million dollar stadium. The players and fans complained about extreme heat last season. In some ways it may be hotter inside than out side of that stadium.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoFi, apparently, is largely an open air stadium. Guess the limp biscuit didn't want to pay the A/C bills in the latter part of the summer season especially with the fact that California doesn't have a nuke and with all of the future electric car charging demands, SoFi may experience a brown-out even during a game.

So, they will probably have the Cool Zone fans going on the sidelines for the players but the fans in the stands will be largely on their own until the sun goes down.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Gaines will suck.

They spent the time to groom him, he finally is reaching that potential and then he becomes a FA who they can’t afford because they are paying AD, Staff and Kupp top dollar.

It really irks me guys that look after themselves and not the team as a whole. I lost some respect for AD for threatening retirement just to get a new pay raise when he still had 2 seasons left on his contract.

Dude was already making 20M. Do you really need 30? Do you know what the team could do with an extra 10M in cap space, especially if you are going to lose Gaines as a result? That 10M could’ve gone to him.

Kupp didn’t need a pay raise. He still had 3 years on his recent extension and was making bank. Staff needed an extension, but not what they paid him. He’s already had his big contracts.

For guys who claim they want to keep winning, they don’t act like it with their contracts.

You can’t keep a solid core if 4-5 guys eat up the majority of the team cap.

Ashaun Rob should be gone after this year. I would guess we sign Gaines for 10mm or so per year. Doubt we would lose both those guys with AD talking about retiring

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, A-Rob will be at the end of his contract at the end of this season and he is nearing the end of a career, SJ76. The Rams are set right now in the D-Line, but if there is a rash of injuries, Suh and Shelton are both available. But we will def be seeking out younger players, hopefully through the draft this coming year for a number of positions to cover peeps that may not return and are getting older and may retire. If we win another snooperbowl, this may include AD, Stafford, and possibly Ramsey and OBJ (maybe).

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knocked off early today. Got some ice for my beer barrel and I'm ready to watch some football.

Crap 3 hours till kickoff what the hell am I going to do?....lol
GO RAMS!