• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uruguay vs England

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another disappointing result by England. I'm used to this by now. At least Rooney was finally able to put one in. He's had plenty of chances.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Italy can win both of it's remaining matches (Costa Rica and Uruguay) then England can advance with a win over Costa Rico on goal differential. They are minus 2 at the moment. Costa Rica is +2, but with 2 losses to Italy and England, would likely be worse than England which is only 1 behind Uruguay. Could be real interesting.

I'm not expecting a ton from England at this point, but I'll say it anyway. Go England!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another disappointing result by England. I'm used to this by now. At least Rooney was finally able to put one in. He's had plenty of chances.

I'm happy for Rooney. England biggest issue is their always playing from behind and when they do tie the game, they usually fall back behind within the next 15 minutes

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
England is a heavy weight?!? :L

They have plenty of talent on their team. Most of their players play in the best leagues in the world. Sure they aren't a favorite, but they definitely are a heavy weight in my mind. England, France, Germany, Italy, And Spain are the four European heavyweights in my mind because of this. Portugal is borderline.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah they are in terms of name. When you think about European teams you immediately think of Germany, italy, England, Spain, and France

As a LEAGUE, yes. The Premier League is one of, if not the best league in the world. But as a country the team sucks. They haven't done jack-shit in decades.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have plenty of talent on their team. Most of their players play in the best leagues in the world. Sure they aren't a favorite, but they definitely are a heavy weight in my mind. England, France, Germany, Italy, And Spain are the four European heavyweights in my mind because of this. Portugal is borderline.

England and France haven't done anything impressive in years. The Netherlands are more up there. And Spain are dropping too.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Most likely scenario for England to qualify:

(Italy 2-0 or 3-1 vs Costa Rica) + (Italy 1-0 or 2-1 vs Uruguay) + (England 2-0 vs Costa Rica)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
England and France haven't done anything impressive in years. The Netherlands are more up there. And Spain are dropping too.

Yeah, right NOW. But England always has the players to compete. Even this year in a down year they have some superstars and have the talent to make a run. France does as well. And I'm glad you brought up holland. They deserve mention in the European heavyweights as well. England and France are heavy weights in Europe compared to Ireland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and even Belgium (which is a very good team this year, but not every year.) there are several other teams in Europe that wish they had the talent England has every year.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for Rooney. England biggest issue is their always playing from behind and when they do tie the game, they usually fall back behind within the next 15 minutes

I think their problem this year has been being so aggressive on offense. It's resulted in a porous defensive that is getting torched and giving up many opportunities to the opponents.

Costa Rica beat Italy. England is out. Harry Redknapp said this was the worse team they've fielded for years. Hard to argue that. I think they fielded some solid youngsters, so hopefully the next World Cup will go better. When is the last time England didn't get out of group play?

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their problem this year has been being so aggressive on offense. It's resulted in a porous defensive that is getting torched and giving up many opportunities to the opponents.

Costa Rica beat Italy. England is out. Harry Redknapp said this was the worse team they've fielded for years. Hard to argue that. I think they fielded some solid youngsters, so hopefully the next World Cup will go better. When is the last time England didn't get out of group play?

They didn't qualify for the tournament in 1974, 1978 or 1994. The last time they were in the tournament and didn't get out of group play was 1958.