• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Myer's After Game Presser

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted losing a game that would have given the Buckeyes a place in the NC game is a tough pill to swallow. But am I the only one who thinks that Myer's press conference was a bit odd and off putting? The guy comes out with a sheet of paper that I thought he was going to use to read a prepared statement. Not once did he give any eye contact to the press. Kind of strange.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted losing a game that would have given the Buckeyes a place in the NC game is a tough pill to swallow. But am I the only one who thinks that Myer's press conference was a bit odd and off putting? The guy comes out with a sheet of paper that I thought he was going to use to read a prepared statement. Not once did he give any eye contact to the press. Kind of strange.

I kind of thought he lost his composure a few times during the game. Not in a Pelini like way, but he looked dejected a few times with plenty of time left.

You can't let your kids and staff see that.

He'll right the ship. He's one of the best in the business.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing as the OP.
Really strange all in all.
Like a little kid that thought winning was going to go on forever.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of us who are familiar with his sorry ass can tell you EXACTLY what it is.

He was feeling "sick".

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didnt see but I can imagine he was violently pissed off on the inside that the defense got worked over and cost them the game.
You don't think it would be hard not to be disgruntled after doing everything right, eventhough it wasnt always pretty throughout the season, only to play a piss poor 1st quarter that sealed the deal for MSU.
MSU played a great game to win and held off the Buckeyes charge back into the lead then put them away late.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt see but I can imagine he was violently pissed off on the inside that the defense got worked over and cost them the game.
You don't think it would be hard not to be disgruntled after doing everything right, eventhough it wasnt always pretty throughout the season, only to play a piss poor 1st quarter that sealed the deal for MSU.
MSU played a great game to win and held off the Buckeyes charge back into the lead then put them away late.

You guys have got to shit can Fickell.

Poach Wilcox from UW so USC doesn't get him. :suds:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it would be hard, but nonetheless, he's the head coach at a premier university and needs to show more class and respect to the press. Hell, even Braxton Miller came out and did a better job during the presser than Myer did.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of thought he lost his composure a few times during the game. Not in a Pelini like way, but he looked dejected a few times with plenty of time left.

You can't let your kids and staff see that.

He'll right the ship. He's one of the best in the business.

Y'all are still mad about this?

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have got to shit can Fickell.

Poach Wilcox from UW so USC doesn't get him. :suds:

As I posted last night if Fickell is out as DC, last night was a win for the Buckeyes.
Also I am either impressed or confused by myself that I am not ultra pissed off about Ohio State losing last night.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all are still mad about this?

nah just didn't want anyone to get the impression that I was comparing Meyer to a douche bag when I said he lost his composure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I posted last night if Fickell is out as DC, last night was a win for the Buckeyes.
Also I am either impressed or confused by myself that I am not ultra pissed off about Ohio State losing last night.

ahh. Well thats a good thing. :suds:

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was purposely watching his eye contact with the camera. I’m being serious, in ten minutes I think I counted two times that he glanced quickly at the camera.

He looked just like a little kid that got pushed down on the playground and had his lunch money stolen. He needs to grow the fuck up. He did the same shit at UF when he lost. He zones out and goes to a really dark place instead of being a man and taking it in perspective. This sort of behavior leads to “heart problems”, “stress related illnesses”, and a need for “quality family time”, followed of course with the inevitable resign / return / resign and heading for greener pastures.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats GN on a fine season. Too bad you guys had to lose, but I cant say i am all that broken up about it for all of your fanbase. Has anyone seen The Authority since this happened? He has a boat load of crow to eat and he has pulled an OD on us. Its time he came and "choked" some of it down.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it would be hard, but nonetheless, he's the head coach at a premier university and needs to show more class and respect to the press. Hell, even Braxton Miller came out and did a better job during the presser than Myer did.

:agree:

brax was composed and did a much better job than corch

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts as to why....

In Today's social internet craze and the media jumping down their throats of anyone, he had written what he wanted to say so as not to come off as extremely mad. Probably edited it around 20 times to take out his feelings and just wanted to be politically correct.

Heck, an Ohio State PR person could have even written it near the end of the game and given it to him.

This way the social internet lunatics don't go ape shit like we all do, and the media can only speculate and not tear down.

I will defer to the Floridians as to other reasons as they have put up with him before.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts as to why....

In Today's social internet craze and the media jumping down their throats of anyone, he had written what he wanted to say so as not to come off as extremely mad. Probably edited it around 20 times to take out his feelings and just wanted to be politically correct.

Heck, an Ohio State PR person could have even written it near the end of the game and given it to him.

This way the social internet lunatics don't go ape shit like we all do, and the media can only speculate and not tear down.

I will defer to the Floridians as to other reasons as they have put up with him before.

I don’t think it was something prepared by someone else. I think he was looking at a stat sheet, and maybe some of his own hand written bullet items.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats GN on a fine season. Too bad you guys had to lose, but I cant say i am all that broken up about it for all of your fanbase. Has anyone seen The Authority since this happened? He has a boat load of crow to eat and he has pulled an OD on us. Its time he came and "choked" some of it down.

The authority should eat a lot of crow if he has been running his mouth. It is funny though that there are times we want teams to lose for the sole purpose of making posters suffer. Sportshoopla Karma bites each of us in the ass at some point.
Congrats early on your victory over the Buckeyes if they play Bama in the Sugar.
And if the Buckeyes play Clemson which Clemson LB is Urban going to punch in the face?

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urbs did seem dejected and not as prepared as he has been in the past. He seemed to really be in another place at times during the presser. What I find interesting about the guy is that you know he is always thinking about football and how to get better.

He is very intense and almost too focused at times. It wouldn't surprise me if that sheet of paper contained his personal notes on what went wrong last night and how he is going to go about fixing the problem.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urbs did seem dejected and not as prepared as he has been in the past. He seemed to really be in another place at times during the presser. What I find interesting about the guy is that you know he is always thinking about football and how to get better.

He is very intense and almost too focused at times. It wouldn't surprise me if that sheet of paper contained his personal notes on what went wrong last night and how he is going to go about fixing the problem.

You just keep thinking that. Truth is he is a whiny little bastage who only thinks of himself. If he cared about his team, he would have spoke about their accomplishments and pumped them up for next year, instead of sulking about his loss.