• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing one, so I knew he had one hot daughter. I wasn’t sure on the exact amount though.
That is why it surprises me he would continue to employ someone he knows dealt with any type of violence towards women.
That's why I guess we'll have to wait and see what actually comes from this. There are a ton of things about this story that just don't quite make sense.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh with the unintentional, well timed, dagger:

He had a r*pe survivor and motivational speaker scheduled to talk to the team today to open camp (planned before the Urban thing but spectacular timing either way)

Seriously, how great is that?!

If only he weren't tOSU's bitch, he'd be the perfect coach for UoM!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh with the unintentional, well timed, dagger:

He had a r*pe survivor and motivational speaker scheduled to talk to the team today to open camp (planned before the Urban thing but spectacular timing either way)
She is doing a tour. She was already at Ohio State last month. This is hardly a dagger.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of pics of old Urban over the last 24 hours, including this one:

ax133_1517_9-e1532471952110.jpg

What I want to know is, WHERE THE FUCK IS HIS CHIN/JAW? What the fuck? It's like his lips run right down to his chest.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I even feel like that flap of skin hanging off his chin is being corraled by his collar. It might be hanging straight down without that.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have no evidence that Urban knew of anything.

Only evidence that Shelly knew.

And you want to fire the one with no evidence against them. Based on personal assumptions. Good thing you arent involved in our legal system in anyway, thats a pretty dangerous precedent you want to set there.
Oh I don't doubt Urban knew. He claimed he reported the first incident to his superiors. And his wife Shelley intervened in the Smiths relationship. Suggesting they get counseling because they're a young couple.When they were at UF.

OSU does have a zero tolerance policy. It don't believe it factors in legally because it's there to protect students. But Urban ignoring DV could be a very bad look on OSU and the zero tolerance policy.

Tbh it may have made more sense to just admit he knew. Rather than running a very high risk of being exposed once the Smith case goes to court. Especially with Title IX involved. As I told you last year Title IX has a lot of flaws. including burdon of proof being on the accused etc. In todays world its best to play it safe. Ie the SC tennis coach forwarding the reports to the proper channels.

The best thing OSU did was put Urban on leave. Keeps some of the exposure down. I think OSU finds a way around it. But I wouldnt bet money on it either. The longer this situation continues the worse it looks

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't doubt Urban knew. He claimed he reported the first incident to his superiors. And his wife Shelley intervened in the Smiths relationship. Suggesting they get counseling because they're a young couple.When they were at UF.

OSU does have a zero tolerance policy. It don't believe it factors in legally because it's there to protect students. But Urban ignoring DV could be a very bad look on OSU and the zero tolerance policy.

Tbh it may have made more sense to just admit he knew. Rather than running a very high risk of being exposed once the Smith case goes to court. Especially with Title IX involved. As I told you last year Title IX ihas a lot of flaws. including burdon of proof being on the accused etc. In todays world its best to play it safe. Ie the SC tennis coach forwarding the reports to the proper channels.

The best thing OSU did was put Urban on leave. Keeps some of the exposure down. I think OSU finds a way around it. But I wouldnt bet money on it either. The longer this situation continues the worse it looks

That is his only mistake on this, he lied. I mean imo there was nothing he could really to help her but if he doesn’t lie about it then we arent having this discussion. Not even sure why Courtney is bringing Urban into this, maybe bc of the lie, not sure her motive other than getting her story out. I mean why wasnt he charged when she went to the police in 2015, who knows. If Urban just simply doesnt lie about it, everything is fine. The good thing is this wont backfall on the university.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his wife Shelley intervened in the Smiths relationship. Suggesting they get counseling because they're a young couple.When they were at UF.
Shouldn't she have known that marriage counseling is a very bad idea in domestic abuse cases?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is his only mistake on this, he lied. I mean imo there was nothing he could really to help her but if he doesn’t lie about it then we arent having this discussion. Not even sure why Courtney is bringing Urban into this, maybe bc of the lie, not sure her motive other than getting her story out. I mean why wasnt he charged when she went to the police in 2015, who knows. If Urban just simply doesnt lie about it, everything is fine. The good thing is this wont backfall on the university.
And it literally makes no sense. I get Zack Smith was a friend that's related to one of his mentors. But is it really worth not to just report it or say he knew. Over a WR coach? With policies like zero tolerance. Flawed systems like Title IX. And he said she said ya gotta be careful imo. Especially if you're a program in the spotlight as it is

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the OSU faithful who think he is 100% coaching OSU this year — go get a Bovada account and bet the farm.

The oddsmakers put it at:
+180 he stays at OSU
-220 he gets fired

So you can get almost 2 to 1 on your money if you think he is staying at OSU.

Personally, I think he stays and he lets his wife fall on the sword.

fine with me.......... what the fuck is she working for anyway......... live the good life......

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tbh it may have made more sense to just admit he knew. Rather than running a very high risk of being exposed once the Smith case goes to court. Especially with Title IX involved. As I told you last year Title IX has a lot of flaws. including burdon of proof being on the accused etc. In todays world its best to play it safe. Ie the SC tennis coach forwarding the reports to the proper channels.

If they were smart they would suspended him a game or 2 under the self-governance plan, they used the last time around. If you are OSU, you just want to get this out of the new cycle. You don’t want people digging around your program

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it literally makes no sense. I get Zack Smith was a friend that's related to one of his mentors. But is it really worth not to just report it or say he knew. Over a WR coach? With policies like zero tolerance. Flawed systems like Title IX. And he said she said ya gotta be careful imo. Especially if you're a program in the spotlight as it is
There is more to this. I feel like there's a lot that still is not public yet on both sides of the fence. There are just too many loose ends and things that make absolutely no sense. Say what you will about Urban, but he's a damn smart guy, way too smart to put himself in this sort of situation over a shitass like Smith.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.. I know Courtney Smith said she sent texts but that doesn't make it fact. I'll let the University do it's investigation on what was sent to who and knew what.

She gave copies of the texts with Urbs wife and other coaches wives to the journalist. He quotes Urbs wife texts in his article sympathizing with victim and saying she'll tell Urbs about it.

Stay in denial.