• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to be in complete denial to not think Urbs wife did not tell him the grandson of his mentor (Earl Bruce), that they've known since he was a baby, that played for Urbs At Bowling Green, that's been an assistant coach of Urbs since his Florida days, that was a known abuser in 2009, did not tell Urbs about continued abuse and police calls in 2015.

The NCAA, the media, and the general public are not in same complete denial.

The NCAA, media, and general public, would find it impossible that Shelly didn't tell Urbs.
Then it should be an open and shut case, right?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is better than the Joe Mixon thread a couple of years back.

th

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of a prove it rather than come up with knee jerk reactions based on nothing but assumptions and hearsay kind of guy.

I'm waiting to prove to you that Urbs has either been fired or forced to resign.
That those in authority at Ohio St opt to protect it's image and remove the university from an ugly situation brought by at the very minimum the head coaches wife on behalf of a dear family friend.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the best move for him. If he admits she told him and didnt tell his superiors he is fired with not buyout.

Personally — I think it looks pitiful on him as a father (as I know he has at least one daughter), but as a football coach, I wouldn’t have an issue if he didnt lose his job.

It is possible he tried to get his friend help. Maybe the coach told him it was all lies by his ‘crazy wife’?!? Who knows. I’m sure now everything will be gone thru with a fine tooth comb. So most likely — if the wife was contacting coaches wives — there are text messages of everything and I’m guessing she saved everything.

It it wasn’t the #metoo PC world we live in. The person responsible would rightfully lose his job and while Meyer would look bad in the public eye, he wouldn’t lose his job. Because of the social climate right now — Meyer probably will lose his job

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally — I think it looks pitiful on him as a father (as I know he has at least one daughter), but as a football coach, I wouldn’t have an issue if he didnt lose his job.

It is possible he tried to get his friend help. Maybe the coach told him it was all lies by his ‘crazy wife’?!? Who knows. I’m sure now everything will be gone thru with a fine tooth comb. So most likely — if the wife was contacting coaches wives — there are text messages of everything and I’m guessing she saved everything.

It it wasn’t the #metoo PC world we live in. The person responsible would rightfully lose his job and while Meyer would look bad in the public eye, he wouldn’t lose his job. Because of the social climate right now — Meyer probably will lose his job
Ok, let's get one thing straight here - Urban has two daughters that are absolute smokeshows.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have no evidence that Urban knew of anything.

Only evidence that Shelly knew.

And you want to fire the one with no evidence against them. Based on personal assumptions. Good thing you arent involved in our legal system in anyway, thats a pretty dangerous precedent you want to set there.

Yes. I think they should dismiss the one who has every reason to be biased on behalf of a dear friend and Earl Bruce's grandson. The one with maybe a 1% chance (at best) to be in the dark about his abuses.
That would be Urbs.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be one of the dumbest articles ever written

As society has evolved, Urban Meyer hasn't

If anything Society is devolving.

We live in a world where outrage mobs based on personal feelings, knee jerk reactions and assumptions with total lack of any evidence prevail over rational thinking and searching for actual evidence before forming an emotion based reaction.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, let's get one thing straight here - Urban has two daughters that are absolute smokeshows.

come on scro! You know the rules!

Though I think my favorite is the one where his daugher and zeke are all smiles and he is in the background with a forced half smile. You know he is thinking "don't you fucking dare"

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a rough business no doubt about it. I did some digging last night and discovered that the last HC at Ohio St who was not fired was Wes Fesler in 1950! Everyone since then has been fired

:think:

"It's better to burn out, than fade away..." my my - hey hey

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_nulh749yhe1uso5gio1_1280.png

found it. You can see his mind racing...thinking "if I have to kill this mofo who is going to run the rock?".

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, man. Type...

Shelley Meyer employment

...into Google. The first few hits cover it. For example, from The Washington Post:
Yeah I did but every title was about urban. Thanks I needed a secretary to read the details for me and give an outline.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. One thing I am curious about is in his presser he said with regards to the 2009 incident that what was reported is not what actually happened. So was she lying or did Meyer belive a line of shit for someone he was friends with.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so fire Shelly Meyer then?
Your missing the part where Urban brought Zach Smith the wife beater to tOSU where he was in close proximity with students of the University. Zach Smith had a continuous bad history, but Urban brought Zach in because they were like family. It is not a stretch to say things were kept hush-hush because of the Earl Bruce connection.

Most likely it went like this, Shelley tells Urban in 2015 and Urban replies, "Okay I'll have a talk with Zach tomorrow." All straight forward except Urban now can't say it went down that way because of a clause in his contract and more specifically he didn't follow the rules.

Whether or not Urban was directly informed in 2015 might be irrelevant anyway because under Urban's watch there is now a scandal that sheds bad light on the University. Outside pressure will be a big deciding factor in the retaining/firing decision.