• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not the "social justice agenda" in whole. But definitely is an overhyped case of the public outrage mob building a guilty case without all info on the table or any clear rationale.
Answer me this and I hope you will be honest. How would you feel if this same situation was happening in Ann Arbor?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying that Meyer could be a potential casualty of a social justice agenda? And if things were different he would be left alone?
I'm saying what will happen to him is as much impacted by this recent sweeping mob mentality #metoo movement as whether or not he actually did something wrong, or how wrong it was.

And yes, I already said if this exact same thing came out 15 years ago about things in the past there's almost no chance he is fired. The climate has changed in the last couple of years to the point where actors, sports stars, reporters, and all manner of famous people are dropping like flies one by one, some with nothing more than an uncorroborated accusation. Most deserve what has happened to them. They got away with shitty behavior for far too long. However, we are for sure in an overreaction state where massive social media mobs are going bat shit crazy on even a hint of a scandal, more or less waiting to see if it's true or not. And companies are also going overboard to protect their brand. We've seen a few cases of people demanding advertisers to pull support and other heavy pressures put on right after an accusation.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we looking at if they dont fire him? Will the women student body protest? Will the media be outraged?

Well, could be NCAA implications if they feel Title IX was in play (and it is). Not to mention if they feel that higher ups knew about this and did nothing, or help to keep this quiet.

Not sure what the NCAA would do, but inviting that kind of scrutiny with all the information that keeps coming out wouldn't be good, and would likely result in a penalty far harsher than what they received under Sweater Vest.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get it. Let me try:

How do you like sticking your pee pee in tapioca pudding for stimulation

*remember I don't need or want an answer
No question mark . No period. You're trying to be funny or smarty pants with your knowledge of grammar and in your example you write that? Good job. LOL
I didn't answer it .

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer me this and I hope you will be honest. How would you feel if this same situation was happening in Ann Arbor?

As unhinged as I think Hairball is, as I already said, I wouldnt be looking for blood and wanting the man to lose his job over some crap only based on assumptions and he/said she said.

I have a lot of problems with the #METOO! crap because of all the agenda driven dishonesty that goes on within it. So I'd actually, ugh, "defend" him.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying what will happen to him is as much impacted by this recent sweeping mob mentality #metoo movement as whether or not he actually did something wrong, or how wrong it was.

And yes, I already said if this exact same thing came out 15 years ago about things in the past there's almost no chance he is fired. The climate has changed in the last couple of years to the point where actors, sports stars, reporters, and all manner of famous people are dropping like flies one by one, some with nothing more than an uncorroborated accusation. Most deserve what has happened to them. They got away with shitty behavior for far too long. However, we are for sure in an overreaction state where massive social media mobs are going bat shit crazy on even a hint of a scandal, more or less waiting to see if it's true or not. And companies are also going overboard to protect their brand. We've seen a few cases of people demanding advertisers to pull support and other heavy pressures put on right after an accusation.
Okay I just wanted some clarification. Thank you

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think he coaches again if they can him.....Maybe not next season but the man will be a HC again.
Oh he will coach again alright, but whether or not it's a high level P5 or he lays low for a bit back in the G5 realm is the question.

In before OD gets all fired up after the first duck loss this year and starts the Meyer to Eugene campaign.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..................and stripped of their parental titles!!!
3.gif
I haven't heard from you in like 6 months and THIS is what you come back with?????

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who covered anything up when the police were already involved?

Urbs wife Shelly Meyer for one. There is absolute proof of that.

Anyone else is up for debate.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question mark . No period. You're trying to be funny or smarty pants with your knowledge of grammar and in your example you write that? Good job. LOL
I didn't answer it .
Your original non-question didn't have a ?, just pointing it out
images

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urbs wife Shelly Meyer for one. There is absolute proof of that.

Anyone else is up for debate.

How about the Woman's own parents. But of course Urban is the bad guy here.

“I told my parents and told his parents as well,” Smith said. "I remember specially texting pictures to my mom, my dad, his dad … like begging for help. This has to stop. I can’t do this anymore. I was told, ‘Don’t call the police. If you call the police, he’s going to get arrested, it’s going to go the media and he’s going to lose his job.”

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As unhinged as I think Hairball is, as I already said, I wouldnt be looking for blood and wanting the man to lose his job over some crap only based on assumptions and he/said she said.

I have a lot of problems with the #METOO! crap because of all the agenda driven dishonesty that goes on within it. So I'd actually, ugh, "defend" him.
LOL
anigif_enhanced-7559-1427883495-9.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I just wanted some clarification. Thank you
Look, don't get me wrong here. I'm not defending anything he may have done wrong in any way. I'm simply saying it probably doesn't matter what he actually did know at this point because of where we are as a society.

If he knew about continued abuse and did nothing to protect his football program then he deserves every bit of whatever comes.

I just won't be one of the mobs that jumps on and calls for someones head based off a blub on the news without substantiated proof.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, don't get me wrong here. I'm not defending anything he may have done wrong in any way. I'm simply saying it probably doesn't matter what he actually did know at this point because of where we are as a society.

If he knew about continued abuse and did nothing to protect his football program then he deserves every bit of whatever comes.

I just won't be one of the mobs that jumps on and calls for someones head based off a blub on the news without substantiated proof.
I get that, I was just a little unclear with that one particular post

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban runs Columbus, OH. There's not a thing that goes on in his program that he doesn't know of.

Look at how he let his players at UF act. The guy's not known as a disciplinarian. There's also links of his coach having 9 domestic abuse calls with the police (I believe from 2015-2018). If that happens, there's no way that Meyer doesn't get wind of any of this.

Rarely does a paid administrative leave end with a guy keeping his job.

Urban runs all of Columbus?:pound::pound::pound::pound: That's a good one. Like I said yesterday though if he's known about this & did nothing I want him fired ASAP.