• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Urban actually did it himself, rather the people around the situation, who in turn are close to Urban. Urban may have influenced the people, who actually were doing the talking to her.
Oh I don't either, but if anyone did it on his behalf and per his instruction, he's as guilty as if he did it himself.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what else

https://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/a/the-adventures-of-huckleberry-finn/the-adventures-of-huckleberry-finn-at-a-glance said:
Readers meet Huckleberry Finn after he's been taken in by Widow Douglas and her sister, Miss Watson, who intend to teach him religion and proper manners. Huck soon sets off on an adventure to help the widow's slave, Jim, escape up the Mississippi to the free states. By allowing Huck to tell his own story, Mark Twain addresses America's painful contradiction of racism and segregation in a "free" and "equal" society.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to what I read, she did press charges, but was then pressured into dropping them by an associate/adviser of Urban and other people. This was in 2009.

The 2015 incident happens, she lets Urban's wife know, according to what I read, charges were never filed. Maybe she was worried about ramifications if she did?

Thanks for a good explanation ... now I have a problem with it of it's true!!

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier today when I first read about this I thought there is no way this guy loses his job over this. He is everything to OSU went from crap to could win the NT every season. But things don't look good now. With that new contract thing it kind of looks like OSU knew shit might go bad. The rest of the Big is as happy as the Big 12 schools if this was happening at OU.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you might be right. Again, I'm still confused as to why he'd have onus to report something that was public record already, but who the hell knows. It's a bad look regardless of what happens, but when all is said and done, I don't think this is enough to fire him. That's a really, really slippery slope. That would mean John Harbaugh needs to be fired in Baltimore and Jason Garrett in Dallas needs to be fired because of Ray Rice/Greg Hardy.

Apples and oranges. The NFL does not have Title IX, and I'm wagering that there is no code of conduct, such as the ones that many colleges employ. What is at play here is all about Title IX and OSU's own code of conduct. There isn't much wiggle room for Meyer. If he knew and did not report, he is in direct violation of his contract, Title IX, and OSU's code of conduct.

The onus is now on him to show he did not know, and this is going to involve proving that his wife knew, but didn't tell him. Basically, throwing his wife to the wolves to save his own skin. Will he do that? Will his wife allow that to happen? I don't know. We'll find out. However, I don't think anyone buys that she would have seen abuse pictures in 2015 and not told Urban, especially after knowing the issues from 2009 in which charges were filed, but then dropped for reasons "unknown".

And remember, charges need not be filed for requirement of a report to be issued by a coach/employee to the Title IX office regarding sexual misconduct.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I'm inclined to believe it, which is why I think there's basically a 0% chance he comes back.

Off course you are... except she never said that in her interview. The only people she said put pressure on here were Zack Smith's parents and Florida University lawyer. She started to lie and say it was Urban Meyer's lawyer but then changed her answer.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the hole interview, I’m sure it’s been posted however it’s pretty disturbing he was doing it to his pregnant wife in 2009 and continued it in front of his own children until 2015. She doesn’t specifically say but implied cpd didn’t press charges because of who he was

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with these toxic environments following ol' Urbs around? Variations on a theme, as it were. It's all fun and games until the bodies start piling up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to what I read, she did press charges, but was then pressured into dropping them by an associate/adviser of Urban and other people. This was in 2009.

The 2015 incident happens, she lets Urban's wife know, according to what I read, charges were never filed. Maybe she was worried about ramifications if she did?

Now we are getting somewhere.

If he's forcing people to keep quiet, then see ya. That's quite a bit different than keeping a private family matter private.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added to Urban's contract in April:

Urban was literally under contract to report this to superiors and could be fired, for cause, immediately without a buyout.
Did he?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges. The NFL does not have Title IX, and I'm wagering that there is no code of conduct, such as the ones that many colleges employ. What is at play here is all about Title IX and OSU's own code of conduct. There isn't much wiggle room for Meyer. If he knew and did not report, he is in direct violation of his contract, Title IX, and OSU's code of conduct.

The onus is now on him to show he did not know, and this is going to involve proving that his wife knew, but didn't tell him. Basically, throwing his wife to the wolves to save his own skin. Will he do that? Will his wife allow that to happen? I don't know. We'll find out. However, I don't think anyone buys that she would have seen abuse pictures in 2015 and not told Urban, especially after knowing the issues from 2009 in which charges were filed, but then dropped for reasons "unknown".

And remember, charges need not be filed for requirement of a report to be issued by a coach/employee to the Title IX office regarding sexual misconduct.
Do we know his wife didn't report it? If she didn't, he wouldn't be throwing her to the wolves, she'd be screwed regardless of what he says.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy bye Urbs

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off course you are... except she never said that in her interview. The only people she said put pressure on here were Zack Smith's parents and Florida University lawyer. She started to lie and say it was Urban Meyer's lawyer but then changed her answer.

And one of Zack Smith's parents is the daughter/son of Earle Bruce, I'm going to assume it's Zack Smith's mom. Earle Bruce was the one who gave Urban his start. And the UF lawyer was extremely close to Urban. If you connect the dots they have a pretty significant relationship with Urban.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we are getting somewhere.

If he's forcing people to keep quiet, then see ya. That's quite a bit different than keeping a private family matter private.

Yeah, I'm not sure why this part of the story isn't getting more play. That's pretty awful, if true, which it wouldn't surprise me.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one of Zack Smith's parents is the daughter/son of Earle Bruce, I'm going to assume it's Zack Smith's mom. Earle Bruce was the one who gave Urban his start. And the UF lawyer was extremely close to Urban. If you connect the dots they have a pretty significant relationship with Urban.
giphy.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio State investigating Urban Meyer, with job in balance

"Zach Smith was arrested in Gainesville, Fla., in 2009 on an aggravated battery charge stemming from a domestic incident when Smith—the grandson of former Buckeyes coach Earle Bruce—worked for Meyer at Florida. Those charges were dropped, and Courtney told McMurphy she was pressured to drop them by longtime Meyer consigliere Hiram de Fries and by her husband’s parents."

I'm just telling you what's in the story...shrugs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier today when I first read about this I thought there is no way this guy loses his job over this. He is everything to OSU went from crap to could win the NT every season. But things don't look good now. With that new contract thing it kind of looks like OSU knew shit might go bad. The rest of the Big is as happy as the Big 12 schools if this was happening at OU.
What??