• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how "shit" it will get. Things might get chippy for a year or two but you are joking yourself if you think Ohio State wont put up big bucks for a serious coach.

briles-art-52616-usnews-getty-ftr_157m2zo73fmq910fnh61aofbzn.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they conclude that Meyer had heard about the allegations the only thing he would be "guilty" of is lying to a media member. No charges/convictions were brought against Smith at the time, and according to the texts (if they're true), Urban had a he said/she said situation on his hands. If he's fired, he could and should sue the university.

I just can't defend domestic abuse of any kind. Don't see how he couldn't have known the entire story. It looks bad for him right now. Hopefully he's done nothing wrong. But if he has get him outta Columbus.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harballs sleeps with recruits. Nothing happens.

Urban was told through the grapevine one of his coaches wives was abusive with no proof. Put on leave.

I blame Harballs for all this. He hit his wife or paid a guy to do it

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's what we know....

Urban knew of the later abuse and opted to do little to nothing about it and lied about it. Is it a fireable offense?

It depends.

At an SEC school or OSU, probably not.

At a PAC-12 school or some other schools, you are fired on the spot.

Do I think he should be fired?

Probably. I mean, he didn't contribute to the beatings. Smith's wife went to the police so there was no need for Urban to. So he let it slide to keep a darn good coach and then lied about it.

So, he stays. Why? It's football at OSU, baby, it's football at OSU.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this is going to be a dicey situation. Either way Ohio State decides everyone is going to lose.
2 game suspension without pay. That is the appropriate punishment for his actual culpability.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be one of the dumbest things
Not sure how "shit" it will get. Things might get chippy for a year or two but you are joking yourself if you think Ohio State wont put up big bucks for a serious coach.
. This yrs team is still loaded and you finally got rid of the bum that probably cost them a couple nattys (Barrett). This is obviously serious but it’s not on the level of psu, Baylor, etc

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about it on sportstalk radio. The guy has worked with Meyer all the way back to his Bowling Green days.
It definitely makes him look shady with questionable morals, but he isn’t getting fired over it.
It isn’t like people didn’t look at him as shady with questionable morals before this anyways, so I don’t see it hurting anything.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't defend domestic abuse of any kind. Don't see how he couldn't have known the entire story. It looks bad for him right now. Hopefully he's done nothing wrong. But if he has get him outta Columbus.
He's done nothing wrong. There's no way you're going to prove that he did anything that further enabled the abuse or put her in danger. The police were involved. She chose not to file charges. What's he gonna do, fire a coach for not being arrested/charged for abuse?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paid Administrative leave now for Meyer.... Really?!? Paid?!?!

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about it on sportstalk radio. The guy has worked with Meyer all the way back to his Bowling Green days.
It definitely makes him look shady with questionable morals, but he isn’t getting fired over it.
It isn’t like people didn’t look at him as shady with questionable morals before this anyways, so I don’t see it hurting anything.

From what I have read, they were also friends off the job. Wives, too. I would keep my friend's dirty laundry out of the press, too.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to go through this whole thread, so it may have been posted, but this was posted on reddit earlier this morning

I dont know if any one will see this, but Ive caught flak here and been downvoted before for calling out Urban and his bag man & fixer that handled shady shit for him. Ive even said the guys name in here and on discord, and low and behold the guy appears in this story...

>A few days after Zach's 2009 arrest, Courtney said two of Meyer's closest friends – Hiram de Fries and Earle >Bruce – asked her to drop the charges. Bruce is Zach Smith's grandfather, de Fries is Meyer's "life coach."

That guy is still with Urban, and he is the guy that covered up shady shit for urban in the past.

edit:

>On a July morning in 2009, Courtney Smith sat across the table from de Fries, a former attorney and Shell Oil >executive. Courtney said de Fries pressured her to drop the charges.

That aint the first time he has been involved in things like this. The real story is there for any journalist willing to dig into that guy.

edit2:
>"Zach once told me," said Courtney, "if he ever got fired and this all comes out: 'I'll take everyone at Ohio State >down with me.' "

this guy knows dirt. I expect Mueller to be speaking with him soon.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under on how many years until he is in South Bend??
I’d take infinity on the over. There was a time when he could have gone there. That ship sailed. His wifey reportedly hated the idea of South Bend and if his level of negative recruiting is any indication he’s moved on as well.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JoPa was an all-time great coach and he covered up for a p3dophile. Not only was he shown the door, they tore his statue down.

Touching boys' pee-pees is worse than hitting a woman, but don't be shocked in this current environment we're in if he gets the ax.
Yep. It is easy to throw rocks at Meyer after the fact.

That said, Meyer definitely knows "the environment he is currently in." It isn't like he didn't have any experience from Florida and see what other coaches have done wrong.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read, they were also friends off the job. Wives, too. I would keep my friend's dirty laundry out of the press, too.
If Meyer admits knowing about it and not taking action — he will be fucked. I would bet he takes the Paterno route and pretends he knew nothing.
Unfortunately for Meyer — with technology these days — it is impossible to remember if you’ve mentioned or said something about in a text or email,etc.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still doubt he gets fired.

If this happens it will be the most shocking story in college football since Sandusky.

We might not have known it was as disgusting as it was, but I think we all knew something shady was going on at Baylor.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He flat out lied last week about it.
He’s under no legal obligation to tell the truth to the press.

Hell, Saban pimps our every FCS and mid major they play as if they are playing the New England Patriots at press conferences with no legal ramifications.