• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Update on Sting's Injury.

3 & 6 years to go...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that IS his character. That's exactly the point. He's a whiny, self absorbed heel. If people don't like him, mission accomplished. He's not getting X-Pac heat, he's getting legitimate heat. He is clearly the best heel on the roster right now.
Totally agree with this. Think about it. WWE has to be very high on him. They gave him the top prize in the company and THEN gave him the U.S. Belt. He is in the main event of every PPV, and is phenomenal in each of them. Lesner, Ambrose, Cena, Sting, Reigns. He is a fantastic worker, seller, and character.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's also keep in mind Sting is practically a senior citizen. Would a 23-year old wrestler given the same moves by Rollins be hurt? When you put old dudes in the ring and you don't orchestrate the match to take into consideration their age, then you assume the risk the geezer gets injured. So I don't know how much of this is actually on Rollins and not the WWE (didn't see the match)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it isn't really that. He looks weak, a lot of people don't respect him as a champ and it isn't good for the WWE. Their Raw ratings are dropping and he is the champ. Is that his fault per say? Not saying it is, but they are dropping while he is their big champ. That is a bad look to go along with a look of hurting people. I personally don't like him and it doesn't have a lot to do with his character. I think he was thrust into the big time spotlight to fast and he wasn't ready. His championship reign hasn't been a good one IMO and it won't be remembered for much. However I think WWE might be trying to keep the belt on him to break Punks record just like they did with Nikki and AJ. It's a mistake by WWE.

But it IS that. That is his character. He's suppose to look like weak, vulnerable guy but walks around like his God's gift to wrestling. He plays it perfectly. All that stuff you mentioned about ratings isn't a Seth Rollins problem, that's a larger WWE issue on the whole. It goes far beyond who is the champ. It would be like that regardless of whether he was champ or they brought back The Rock and made him champ. Those issues are multi-faceted ranging from changing television viewing dynamics (all shows are down across the board), which is the biggest driving force, to issues WWE controls like over-saturation, match construction, storytelling etc.

Which is why they have to be proactive on it regardless of whether Rollins is dangerous or not. Their writing is terrible and have left 3 real heels, horrible writing for Sheamus, a non believable heel character in Owens and then Rollins. They have done such a poor job of developing intriguing storylines.

Are you watching the same shows? He's a straight up old school heel. He's even been insulting little kids on his way to the ring. I'll agree somewhat on that they've historically done a poor job telling continuous intriguing storylines but they've gotten better at that over the last year or so. It's just going to take time. They've just now (this year) started giving real credence to the midcard titles (US, IC, Tag) after almost a decade of total irrelevance.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins just isn't a good character right now. Peoplease don't like him always needing someone else. He is a phenomenal wrestler but he just doesn't need to be champ. The heels that are remember the most are dominant champions and he just isn't that. When was the last time he cleanly won a match, other than Sting, without some sort of help or cheating? Outside of the IWC most fans just aren't into that like they used to be. He is a great performer and if he was in a feud with say Ambrose for the IC title right now or Ziggler or Owens he would be killing it. As WWE Champ I don't buy him and neither do a lot of people. He needs to drop the belt and have a feud that is non-title related for a while. HHH or Ambrose or Reigns. Heck I'd be ok with him dropping it to Kane and then Sheamus cashing in. At least this Kane is fresh and entertaining.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you watching the same shows? He's a straight up old school heel. He's even been insulting little kids on his way to the ring. I'll agree somewhat on that they've historically done a poor job telling continuous intriguing storylines but they've gotten better at that over the last year or so. It's just going to take time. They've just now (this year) started giving real credence to the midcard titles (US, IC, Tag) after almost a decade of total irrelevance.

It's a non believable character cause he just comes as insincere douche because with his character every single guy he has engaged a promo with in the WWE, and some of the fans could kick his ass rather easily. The bully role needs to be somebody who could talk trash to a fan and them be intimidated. Rollins has the exact character that Owens needs to be playing if he is going to be a heel.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins just isn't a good character right now. Peoplease don't like him always needing someone else. He is a phenomenal wrestler but he just doesn't need to be champ. The heels that are remember the most are dominant champions and he just isn't that. When was the last time he cleanly won a match, other than Sting, without some sort of help or cheating? Outside of the IWC most fans just aren't into that like they used to be. He is a great performer and if he was in a feud with say Ambrose for the IC title right now or Ziggler or Owens he would be killing it. As WWE Champ I don't buy him and neither do a lot of people. He needs to drop the belt and have a feud that is non-title related for a while. HHH or Ambrose or Reigns. Heck I'd be ok with him dropping it to Kane and then Sheamus cashing in. At least this Kane is fresh and entertaining.

It's a non believable character cause he just comes as insincere douche because with his character every single guy he has engaged a promo with in the WWE, and some of the fans could kick his ass rather easily. The bully role needs to be somebody who could talk trash to a fan and them be intimidated. Rollins has the exact character that Owens needs to be playing if he is going to be a heel.

Two prime examples of people not liking a heel specifically for the reason they are heel. That's the exactly what they are going for. They don't want you to like them. Heels cheat. It's been that way since the dawn of pro wrestling.

The stuff I highlighted with Rollins, that is his character. It's suppose to annoy you that he always needs help. It suppose to annoy you that he gets help and gloats like he never had any. People don't like and they WANT to see him lose.

And wazzu, how is it non believable? Nothing you said makes any sense. Owens is a classic bully heel to a tee.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except people seem to just not care more than they want him to lose. I didn't even watch his match with sting. I just checked out the ending to see of Sheamus cashed in. He isn't entertaining anymore and people just plain don't care more than they want him to lose.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except people seem to just not care more than they want him to lose. I didn't even watch his match with sting. I just checked out the ending to see of Sheamus cashed in. He isn't entertaining anymore and people just plain don't care more than they want him to lose.

I think you're substituting your own feelings about him into it more than what the people think at large. He gets great reactions. If people weren't into him, they'd be quiet when he was out there. But he's boo'd when he talks, he gets pops for his ring work because their into the matches, and the crowd pops for any near fall where he might lose. There's nothing wrong with Seth Rollins. If you want to point out bad heel acts, point out the Wade Barretts of the world. Or even Sheamus, who can't cut a promo and is basically all look. But to point out one of the best guys WWE has right now? I can't get behind that.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to say this. In the past, when other wrestlers injured people, and such, there were always backstage reports about complaints, and such. For Rollins, I have not seen any of this. Nothing. No reports about complaints, or any heat on him from upper management or the locker room. Now, maybe they are more locked down on this now, I don't know. To note, he is my favorite wrestler right now. First time a heel has been my favorite. Although, I have always like Orton, Edge and Ziggler. Rusev is another that impresses the hell out of me.

I've seen nothing to substantiate this claim as well and the WWE is known for letting things fall throw the cracks. Like they need to have security guards in front of tour buses (Jericho) bad

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with the security/tour bus thing with Jericho??

I think Rollins is an okay heel, but when I watched, they were just inconsistent with his character, which hurt him. A heel that needs help and dirty tricks to win all the time can be a great heel, even more so when he plays dirty despite having talent. But Rollins is doing that one night, and the next he's winning a match clean against a quality opponent and insisting on no interference.

WWE needs to stay away from gray areas, stick to good v evil. There are exceptions to the rule with a good storyline, where a guy can have a deeper personality...but the simple stuff has always worked.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse. Reigns could be the champion.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it isn't really that. He looks weak, a lot of people don't respect him as a champ and it isn't good for the WWE. Their Raw ratings are dropping and he is the champ. Is that his fault per say? Not saying it is, but they are dropping while he is their big champ. That is a bad look to go along with a look of hurting people. I personally don't like him and it doesn't have a lot to do with his character. I think he was thrust into the big time spotlight to fast and he wasn't ready. His championship reign hasn't been a good one IMO and it won't be remembered for much. However I think WWE might be trying to keep the belt on him to break Punks record just like they did with Nikki and AJ. It's a mistake by WWE.

Yeah early on in Seth's reign he had a huge following that supported him. It was funny seeing him trying his best to be a heel and still get cheers from the crowd cause they just liked the guy.

Over time though I've seen some of those people starting to sing a different tune. Seth is a capable wrestler. His past two PPV matches he has put up good performances worthy of a champion. But everything in between with all his mediocre promos and chicken shit heel matches have bored the crap out of people. All his previous title defenses prior the last two PPVs have been very lackluster.

True, some of that is on the WWE and their creative team. If they would just unleash Seth and use him to his true potential instead of just holding him back as the weak run away heel maybe his matches and his feuds would be more interesting.

And honestly as much hate as Cena gets for being Cena, the guy has a great mic game and when he was paired up against Rollins things were actually interesting.

Seth needs to turn face already and either take on Triple H or take on a heel Roman Reigns. This title run has been a very forgettable one after one of the more memorable title cash ins in WWE history.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two prime examples of people not liking a heel specifically for the reason they are heel. That's the exactly what they are going for. They don't want you to like them. Heels cheat. It's been that way since the dawn of pro wrestling.

The stuff I highlighted with Rollins, that is his character. It's suppose to annoy you that he always needs help. It suppose to annoy you that he gets help and gloats like he never had any. People don't like and they WANT to see him lose.

And wazzu, how is it non believable? Nothing you said makes any sense. Owens is a classic bully heel to a tee.

I think the issue that most people have with Seth's reign is not with Seth himself or the fact that he is a heel but it's the formula that WWE uses for their heels.

The weak heel that does dirty tactics and runs away but talks a lot of smack is one of my least favorite type of heels. I can see it being used for a bit during his title reign but over time a lot of people and some that used to back Seth have grown tired of it.

They need to evolve his character. I thought after the great performance that he had against Cena that it was going to be his turning point. I thought the change to the white attire and the WWE finally allowing Seth to look strong in a match utilizing his full move set that he was going to evolve into a fighting champion, a strong heel, or even turn face...but instead the WWE turned Seth back into the same ol chicken heel.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night Seth was talking about going to heaven and not Hell..............

And runs away from a 50 year old bi polar super power Kane...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue that most people have with Seth's reign is not with Seth himself or the fact that he is a heel but it's the formula that WWE uses for their heels.

The weak heel that does dirty tactics and runs away but talks a lot of smack is one of my least favorite type of heels. I can see it being used for a bit during his title reign but over time a lot of people and some that used to back Seth have grown tired of it.

They need to evolve his character. I thought after the great performance that he had against Cena that it was going to be his turning point. I thought the change to the white attire and the WWE finally allowing Seth to look strong in a match utilizing his full move set that he was going to evolve into a fighting champion, a strong heel, or even turn face...but instead the WWE turned Seth back into the same ol chicken heel.

I get what you're saying but that's a WWE issue on the whole. It's a writing issue. You can make that case for every guy on the roster both heel and face that they aren't being used to their full potential because WWE uses the same tropes over and over. Like every face they have follows the same pattern with the exception of Cena, who follows the same Cena pattern for the last 10 years.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why this went away from Stings injury, but it shows how they could have used Sting without even wrestling. I think they tried to use sting to get the title away from Rollins, now they will use kane to get it away, so they can move on and nobody asking for rematches for the next three months.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owens character doesn't fit because he plays a bully but isn't a believable bully. Every guy he's stepped in the ring with could kick his ass and he doesn't intimidate anyone in the audience. If his character was just a douche like he plays but then had the whole Rollins aspect of getting help to win or having others fight his battles I wouldn't be so incredibly bored when he even comes on screen. He's got the cool underground fans and the piped in Fight Owens Fight from the WWE nothing about him is real to me that I can even waste my time in booing him or watching someone beat him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owens character doesn't fit because he plays a bully but isn't a believable bully. Every guy he's stepped in the ring with could kick his ass and he doesn't intimidate anyone in the audience. If his character was just a douche like he plays but then had the whole Rollins aspect of getting help to win or having others fight his battles I wouldn't be so incredibly bored when he even comes on screen. He's got the cool underground fans and the piped in Fight Owens Fight from the WWE nothing about him is real to me that I can even waste my time in booing him or watching someone beat him.

You are soooooooooooo off base here its comical. Not a believable bully? Have you ever seen a bully or more specifically, the cliche movie/tv bullies? He looks exactly like a stereotypical bully. You're just making up the "get his ass kicked" stuff unless you prefer every wrestler to look like a steroid freak. And he doesn't need outside help because he cheats to win. It'd old school heel trope. He's used eye rakes and tight grabs to snatch wins. He's heel 101. With this, you're so far out in left field you're in another ball park 3 towns over.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are soooooooooooo off base here its comical. Not a believable bully? Have you ever seen a bully or more specifically, the cliche movie/tv bullies? He looks exactly like a stereotypical bully. You're just making up the "get his ass kicked" stuff unless you prefer every wrestler to look like a steroid freak. And he doesn't need outside help because he cheats to win. It'd old school heel trope. He's used eye rakes and tight grabs to snatch wins. He's heel 101. With this, you're so far out in left field you're in another ball park 3 towns over.

I agree with you here. I honestly think they need to go back to his NXT debut and do something like that. Have him put someone out of action for a while. He was amazing on NXT and has been amazing so far in WWE. He is one of the best and most believable heels on the roster.

3 & 6 years to go...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I saw that white attire, and the way he wrestled that match, he was wrestling as a face in my eyes. His strong showing, and move-set screamed face. He is awesome.