• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upcoming Draft

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair that's really just that one guy saying that. Also to be fair if we knew they'd both be fully healthy it's a fair argument. I'm pretty sure reed outscored him in ppg last year. But he come with a much deserved injury discount.
I just read the thread. I loled.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the thread below this one is titled, "Gronk or Reed?" tells you how overrated he is.

If Reed did not have injury concerns, he would be the clear cut #2, but he does have injury concerns. I still think his upside warrants his ADP, but there is no need to reach for him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant go into a draft worrying about injuries. Matter of fact Reed is healthier than Gronk right now. I realize Gronk will be taken first but I don't expect him to have a huge year. The Olsen over Reed comment kind of shocked me. Reed has a way higher upside. Just redzone alone you have to worry about Carolina running game and Cam stealing TD's away. Im taking Reed late third round.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant go into a draft worrying about injuries. Matter of fact Reed is healthier than Gronk right now. I realize Gronk will be taken first but I don't expect him to have a huge year. The Olsen over Reed comment kind of shocked me. Reed has a way higher upside. Just redzone alone you have to worry about Carolina running game and Cam stealing TD's away. Im taking Reed late third round.
change the word can't into "must", and you have a true statement, especially when dealing with guys who year after year after year always miss multiple games. Not taking that into consideration is very foolhardy

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
change the word can't into "must", and you have a true statement, especially when dealing with guys who year after year after year always miss multiple games. Not taking that into consideration is very foolhardy

Oh yeah? what about Julio Jones last year? Jones has been injury prone all his career. I took him 9th overall last year and won my league.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah? what about Julio Jones last year? Jones has been injury prone all his career. I took him 9th overall last year and won my league.
Oh yea? What are you 8?

Okay, so if injuries and history of injuries shouldn't concern anyone, I guess Charles, Arian Foster and Shady should be being drafted early in the first, Better get Jimmy Graham in the 4th, follow that up with Victor Cruz in the 5th, RG3 in the sixth, and Garret Hartley is a great choice at kicker. .I mean, hey you can't worry about injuries, right?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea? What are you 8?

Okay, so if injuries and history of injuries shouldn't concern anyone, I guess Charles, Arian Foster and Shady should be being drafted early in the first, Better get Jimmy Graham in the 4th, follow that up with Victor Cruz in the 5th, RG3 in the sixth, and Garret Hartley is a great choice at kicker. .I mean, hey you can't worry about injuries, right?

lol. it also depends on age and position. Those guys you mentioned do not get taken off draft boards b/c they had previous injuries. It might bump them down a round or 2. Plus Im talking about guys in there prime.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. it also depends on age and position. Those guys you mentioned do not get taken off draft boards b/c they had previous injuries. It might bump them down a round or 2. Plus Im talking about guys in there prime.
Outside if Foster, those guys are still in their prime, not a one of them over 29. As to your Julio Jones point. .broken bones are one thing, no one can pretend to predict someone breaking a bone, or tearing a tendon, or ripping up a knee. But guys who consistently miss games with "my va-jay-jay hurts" injuries like muscle pulls, hamstrings, whatever, you HAVE to consider those things in your valuation of the players until proven wrong, Gronk used to be the same way, but after he finished a few seasons injury free he shed the label, maybe Reed can too, but until he does, it's something any intelligent owner will consider when slotting him on their draft boats. And given his list of injuries. .concussions and hamstring pulls, and even one game missed becuase of a bruised quad..aww, that had to just be terrible. Those are the types of "my va-jay-Jay hurts" injuries that stick the label on you..not broken bones and torn ACL's

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside if Foster, those guys are still in their prime, not a one of them over 29. As to your Julio Jones point. .broken bones are one thing, no one can pretend to predict someone breaking a bone, or tearing a tendon, or ripping up a knee. But guys who consistently miss games with "my va-jay-jay hurts" injuries like muscle pulls, hamstrings, whatever, you HAVE to consider those things in your valuation of the players until proven wrong, Gronk used to be the same way, but after he finished a few seasons injury free he shed the label, maybe Reed can too, but until he does, it's something any intelligent owner will consider when slotting him on their draft boats. And given his list of injuries. .concussions and hamstring pulls, and even one game missed becuase of a bruised quad..aww, that had to just be terrible. Those are the types of "my va-jay-Jay hurts" injuries that stick the label on you..not broken bones and torn ACL's

I wouldn't be afraid of McCoy or Charles this year. They are 3rd or 4th round picks for sure in a 12 team league. Do you actually have these two RB's crossed off your draft list? Both guys are top 10 RB''s on my list.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be afraid of McCoy or Charles this year. They are 3rd or 4th round picks for sure in a 12 team league. Do you actually have these two RB's crossed off your draft list? Both guys are top 10 RB''s on my list.
No, but the point is, I'd not for injury concerns, they would be first round, early second picks, not 3rds..the injury concerns are went thru are going that late, why? Becuase everyone is worried about the injuries, so they avoid them longer. .that was the entire point if bringing them up, you HAVE to account for the fact that certain guys are likely to miss 2-4 games each and every single year, Reed is one if those guys

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but the point is, I'd not for injury concerns, they would be first round, early second picks, not 3rds..the injury concerns are went thru are going that late, why? Becuase everyone is worried about the injuries, so they avoid them longer. .that was the entire point if bringing them up, you HAVE to account for the fact that certain guys are likely to miss 2-4 games each and every single year, Reed is one if those guys

In my draft last year Charles was #1 overall and McCoy went third round. I wouldn't be shocked if Charles is a late first early 2nd this year. McCoy is late 2nd early 3rd. Still high pick IMO for "injury prone" players. How can you forecast that Reed will miss 2-4 games this year? That is insane. You can't predict the future so you have to draft the best talented players.

Just like Tyler Eiffert. They say he is going to miss one or two games. Isnt he still a top 5 TE? Or even Bell out three games. isn't he still a top 10 RB? Would you call Bell injury prone?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Tyler Eiffert. They say he is going to miss one or two games. Isnt he still a top 5 TE? Or even Bell out three games. isn't he still a top 10 RB? Would you call Bell injury prone?

I don't have him in my top 5.
TD regression is inevitable, similarly to people not drafting Doug Baldwin as a WR1, even though he finished as one.
I for one, am not expecting him to repeat a TD for every 4 receptions this upcoming season.
I'd even consider Gates over Eifert, if you want a TD only TE, then you can find a replacement off waivers when Gates gets injured (or just grab Henry).
Gronk, Reed, Walker, Fleener, Olsen, Kelce....all easily well ahead Eifert on my board. Eifert is in the 'I didn't draft a TE early, so I'll wait it out til the end' tier for me, personally.

And yes, Bell is injury prone, and pot smoking prone, and skipping drug tests prone, so draft accordingly. I dropped him in a 10 team keeper league due to his inability to take his job seriously. And the league is only 10 teams deep, not the most difficult to replace players, even Bell.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD regression is inevitable, similarly to people not drafting Doug Baldwin as a WR1, even though he finished as one.
I for one, am not expecting him to repeat a TD for every 4 receptions this upcoming season.
I'd even consider Gates over Eifert, if you want a TD only TE, then you can find a replacement off waivers when Gates gets injured (or just grab Henry).
Gronk, Reed, Walker, Fleener, Olsen, Kelce....all easily well ahead Eifert on my board. Eifert is in the 'I didn't draft a TE early, so I'll wait it out til the end' tier for me, personally.

And yes, Bell is injury prone, and pot smoking prone, and skipping drug tests prone, so draft accordingly. I dropped him in a 10 team keeper league due to his inability to take his job seriously. And the league is only 10 teams deep, not the most difficult to replace players, even Bell.

Ok. 7? Fleener im on the fence on.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my draft last year Charles was #1 overall and McCoy went third round. I wouldn't be shocked if Charles is a late first early 2nd this year. McCoy is late 2nd early 3rd. Still high pick IMO for "injury prone" players. How can you forecast that Reed will miss 2-4 games this year? That is insane. You can't predict the future so you have to draft the best talented players.

When a guy has never finished 16 games in 3 years, yes you absolutely can, and if you're smart you will, forecast him not playing 16 this year. Period, there's not even a rational discussion worth having, he's soft until proven otherwise, becuase his history proves he is soft, bottom line. Missing games with a bruised quad and sore hammys is the mark of a soft football player. But even worse in Reeds case, is the history of concussions. At least 4 diagnosed, 2 of which were deemed serious enough to pace him on IR. It's medical fact that one you've sustained a couple, it's easier to suffer more. Once you've had that many, the next one could always be the last time you ever play. So he's got that working against him as well as being soft. You can kid yourself all you like, but please stop trying to get anyone else to buy that stuff. Bottom line is it's a serious gamble to bank on Reed playing a full season.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think eiferts legit kind of in the same way I think Arob is legit. They're both just really good. I think Arob is 1400 yards and 14tds good. So maybe next year his stat line is 1500 yards and 10 tds. But hes still damn good. And for both eifert and arob we don't know what their mean really is. They both may end up averaging 12+ TDs a year. For now all I know is their both really good and can be elite. Which is more than I can say for a lot of players.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a guy has never finished 16 games in 3 years, yes you absolutely can, and if you're smart you will, forecast him not playing 16 this year. Period, there's not even a rational discussion worth having, he's soft until proven otherwise, becuase his history proves he is soft, bottom line. Missing games with a bruised quad and sore hammys is the mark of a soft football player. But even worse in Reeds case, is the history of concussions. At least 4 diagnosed, 2 of which were deemed serious enough to pace him on IR. It's medical fact that one you've sustained a couple, it's easier to suffer more. Once you've had that many, the next one could always be the last time you ever play. So he's got that working against him as well as being soft. You can kid yourself all you like, but please stop trying to get anyone else to buy that stuff. Bottom line is it's a serious gamble to bank on Reed playing a full season.

Then why did the Redskins give him a huge contract that pays him like a top 5 TE in the NFL? Dez just got a concussion does that drop his draft status now?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did the Redskins give him a huge contract that pays him like a top 5 TE in the NFL? Dez just got a concussion does that drop his draft status now?

Well, since the highest paid player at any given position is always a good (not necessarily great) player who signed most recently,

I think the fact that Reed is not the highest paid tight end pretty much slams the door on your entire argument. Reed is top 5 because he is a top 5 talent. He is not the highest paid TE because his injury history is substantial and a bit scary.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since the highest paid player at any given position is always a good (not necessarily great) player who signed most recently,

I think the fact that Reed is not the highest paid tight end pretty much slams the door on your entire argument. Reed is top 5 because he is a top 5 talent. He is not the highest paid TE because his injury history is substantial and a bit scary.
when a redskins fan, puts a redskins homer in perspective

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many more ways would you like to be proven incorrect on this issue before you cede the point?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more ways would you like to be proven incorrect on this issue before you cede the point?

How am I wrong? This is all here say. You can not predict the future. My point was last year I was pick #9 and pick #8 went Dez Bryant b/c his reasoning was that he doesn't get hurt like Julio does. So I took Julio pick #9. Then you guys can figure out the rest.