• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ummmm..... Patriots still suck

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they suck. I think they've done a nice job holding it together while waiting for some players to return. Their defense is good, and their offense is solid. I think they will be fine as the season goes along. They are 4-0 so you can't count them out. They haven't dominated they way they have in recent years, but 4-0 is 4-0.

Still I think the Broncos look like the better team. Better offense, and I'd argue the Broncos defense is at least as good as the Patriots.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, nerd. Because you've clearly never played team sports. You sound more like a marching bad kid sitting on the sideline. Both teams are 4-0. Both teams are good. Denver is probably better overall, but the Patriots obviously do not suck. Weird how you'd rather tear down your competition rather than prop them up so that when you beat them, you look even better. Instead, you say they suck. You know nothing at all about sales, kid.

Is he trying to sell something here though? I do think the Patriots are a good team as you don't get to 4-0 without having some talent but obviously at this time they are struggling with some consistency. Defensively they have been pretty impressive although they did just lose their best player in Wilfork for the year so only time will tell how much that impacts their season. Should be a fun match up later in the year as my guess is they will be the top teams in their divisions at that time.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the new young kid fag thing to do? Shit on all the teams that make you insecure? This is the kind of shit no score sports for kids breeds. Pussies who can't handle others success. Go to bed nerd.

Dumping on successful teams is nothing new.

The Celtics have endured that kind of crap for decades. If the Patriots are having it thrown at them now
it's something to celebrate, not complain about.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna let it be. You guys think you're going to win it all...think you already HAVE won it in some cases. Good luck with the season.

Of course. And don't most fans think their team is going to win it all (at least early on in the season)? I bet 49ers fans think that too.... But you have to admit Denver's resume so far this season is impressive. Does it guarantee a SB victory? No. But I like our chances a lot better now than I did a couple years ago.

Oh, and Einstein had the better mind. But that comparison is apples to oranges anyway. Two completely different scientists. A better comparison is Tesla to Edison. Nikola Tesla was far more talented then Edison was.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually impressed with the patriots. They start the season short on receivers, lose the one they had left, lose a RB, lose a star D-lineman and are 4-0. At first, I thought it was do to weak teams but after last night I think they are pretty good at adapting and using what they have. Going to Atlanta and winning is a big deal.

Agreed. I think it's naive to write off the Pats as an artifact of having played a few games against weaker teams to begin their season. The Pats looked to me last night like they're getting better and Broncos fans ought to understand as well as any fans that a team can only play the teams on its schedule.

Also, in my opinion, a troll thread like this should have been started on the Pats' board.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly some people here are way over- reacting to the suck comment... Trying to have a little fun on the BRONCOS BOARD. But the nerd comment and the niners guy have me rolling... Just love it... A ton of Pats fans say the DONKEYS sucked last year too and counted them out of this year in a one and out thing, just take a look at their boards... as far as sales ?? Are you drinking or something because we clearly dont know what you are talking about... Nerd? Fag? Even if I was a gay man which I am not, are you really that low in life to use those terms... I said a team sucks by POKING FUN and you turn to name calling and you want to call me the kid? Funny how things work when you have the internet protecting you. But like I said before , the 9ers and Pats are both going undefeated and both winning the superbowl :laugh3:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. The simple fact that you are 4-0 and crushing teams, you still went out of your way to talk shit about NE. Why?

That's what I was wondering. This seems like a rather pointless thread to me. No need for the Broncos to bash anybody else right now, unless you're feeling insecure about the Broncos. And there's no reason you should be.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually impressed with the patriots. They start the season short on receivers, lose the one they had left, lose a RB, lose a star D-lineman and are 4-0. At first, I thought it was do to weak teams but after last night I think they are pretty good at adapting and using what they have. Going to Atlanta and winning is a big deal.

They are doing what needs done. Another two injuries to wilfork and Dobson last night really hurt, but they have won their games so far. The next few weeks should continue to help us get a feel for what this team is, and even if we split the next 4, I would be happy. This team will get better as the season goes on and the game that is already circled is Denver. That's when we really see how good this team can be.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time Den plays the Pats it will be a closer game though.... Just wish the Pats or Houston would have to come to our stadium as we went to both teams on the road last year also.. No harm no foul... Except for that Lions guy haha

No, last year the Houston game was played in Denver.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now I will let u get all worked up again trolls

grim...you serious? Calling anyone a troll after opening this piece of rubbish thread is pretty sad bro. I also don't know what you're talking about wrt Bronc bashing threads at the Pat's board.
Maybe they're buried somewhere.

I cannot help but to point out last year's total embarrassment you guys endured tossing away the AFCCG that was WON...OVER...IN THE BANK....and then you let Jones get deep and burn you with mere seconds on the clock. You ought to be far too humiliated by that to be starting this kind of thread week four.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot help but to point out last year's total embarrassment you guys endured tossing away the AFCCG that was WON...OVER...IN THE BANK....and then you let Jones get deep and burn you with mere seconds on the clock. You ought to be far too humiliated by that to be starting this kind of thread week four.

I suppose Patriots fans would know what that feels like.

Really though, I don't consider the Patriots loss in XLii to be a choke job. That was a heck of a team that even though they lost the Super Bowl they did something no other team has done before or since. So rather than call that a choke job, as many do, I prefer to say the Giants pulled off perhaps the greatest upset of all time.

Regarding last year's Broncos playoff loss, I think one has to step back and look at the big picture. Half the guys here on SportsHoopla were on CBS last season. NOBODY was talking about the Broncos as a Super Bowl contender. We considered them a lock to win the AFC West, and most of us had them finishing 10-6 or so and perhaps reaching the divisional round of the playoffs. Then the team came out and mowed over 11 straight opponents and got everyone's hopes up. The playoff loss was made a greater let down because the team really did exceed pre-season expectations. It was a tough loss to swallow at the moment because they went and got our hopes up. But when we step back and consider what we expected of the team for 2012, a reasonable fan concludes it was still a very positive season, and a great stepping stone for this year.

Now this year I think a lot of us do expect a Super Bowl appearance. No reasonable Broncos fan out there believes the team is a lock, but I don't think it is unreasonable to see the way this team has played and consider them a legitimate contender.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second you added Peyton to a team good enough to win a playoff game (even against a bad team) despite Tim tebow you were Super Bowl contenders.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second you added Peyton to a team good enough to win a playoff game (even against a bad team) despite Tim tebow you were Super Bowl contenders.

One would think. But people had a very cautious optimism. The Broncos were not even close to being the consensus pick to win the AFC West last year. Going into the season it was about equally divided between the Chiefs, Chargers, and Broncos (with only Raiders fans picking the Raiders...as usual!). Several analysts did not even have the Broncos posting a winning season. Amongst fans, we really did not know what to expect out of Manning but had a sense of trust that Elway knew what he was doing.

Looking at Manning now it is hard to believe that anyone could question Manning's ability to still play the game, but in summer of 2012, those questions were yet to be answered. Even among Broncos fans.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose Patriots fans would know what that feels like.

Huh? When did we lose a playoff game after we had it won?

I also can't argue with the basic premise of what you posted but as an excuse it falls way short. This is a game of shifting expectations. You guys had that game in the bag and only that colossal error prevented you from playing the SB where expectations or not, I think you would have beaten SF.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember folks thinking that Peyton could no longer play. Most of the talk was about the risk he's taking of possibly not walking again.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's only true if we were getting the Peyton Manning that we'd all seen in Indy for so many years. But the fact is, nobody, not even Manning himself, knew how well he'd be able to recover from his neck surgeries. That's the reason the contract was basically written with the Broncos being able to cut him after 1 year without taking a big cap hit. No one knew if he'd be very good. We hoped he would be, but we didn't know.

And of course, then the season started and we got off to a 2-3 start, including that awful Monday night performance in Atlanta, and we were down 24-0 in San Diego at halftime, and we were hearing all of the noodle arm comments about Manning, and I'm pretty sure EVERYONE was thinking that Manning didn't have it anymore.

Of course, the rest is history.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? When did we lose a playoff game after we had it won?

I seem to recall the Patriots blowing an 18 point lead in the AFC Championship game a few years ago.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember folks thinking that Peyton could no longer play. Most of the talk was about the risk he's taking of possibly not walking again.

Really? Did you miss all of the noodle arm talk last season? Or all of the comments about how he was washed up after the Monday night game in Atlanta?