• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uconn Hires Diaco

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far not a great offseason. Losing your OC and DC is not a good thing for recruits. I have a feeling we will lose 1 or 2 kids now. Im a little shocked that he left but I think he saw his window closing.

Its not a big lose but it does hurt to lose both your OC and DC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ju Ju Smith was not happy. He said Diaco was just at his house yesterday and said he wasn't going anywhere.

Well looks like we aren't getting him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was ND I would try and get a proven DC. Go after Ed Orgeron(He would love to beat USC every year), Pat Narduzzie(Does a great job at Mich St.) or Ron Vanderline(was at PSU).

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ju Ju Smith was not happy. He said Diaco was just at his house yesterday and said he wasn't going anywhere.

Well looks like we aren't getting him.

If we aren't getting him, its certainly not due to this. How can Diaco's assurance (and I doubt he would so blatantly lie) that he wasn't going anywhere be held against ND when Diaco is given a chance to advance his own career. It would be one thing if he was let go, but Diaco saying he's not going anywhere and then taking a better job offer isn't ND's fault. If he's that wedded to Diaco and not ND, then why isn't he considering UConn?

Also, most recruits nowadays ought to know that its a possibility that the coaches may leave at some point. They should consider the school and not the coach running it. Some put a lot of emphasis on the "relationship" aspect of connecting with coaches, but when its usually the position coach establishing that relationship, they gotta know at some point they'll take an offer for a promotion, just like anyone else would. Honestly, I don't know why so many players get bent out of shape when it happens because it happens all the time.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far not a great offseason. Losing your OC and DC is not a good thing for recruits. I have a feeling we will lose 1 or 2 kids now. Im a little shocked that he left but I think he saw his window closing.

Its not a big lose but it does hurt to lose both your OC and DC.

On the contrary, it can be very easily be spun and sold to recruits that the fact that our coaches are so sought after reflects the strength of the program, and in particular, the development of coaches under Kelly.

I suspect there may be some defections from kids or parents not comfortable with the lack of stability that comes with a coordinator change, but if some of the rumors are to be believed, Diaco wasn't as active on the recruiting trail this year as in years' past (think the late night visit to I. Williams and the full court press to bring back Tuitt after his defection), but this is hardly a major crisis.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we aren't getting him, its certainly not due to this. How can Diaco's assurance (and I doubt he would so blatantly lie) that he wasn't going anywhere be held against ND when Diaco is given a chance to advance his own career. It would be one thing if he was let go, but Diaco saying he's not going anywhere and then taking a better job offer isn't ND's fault. If he's that wedded to Diaco and not ND, then why isn't he considering UConn?

Also, most recruits nowadays ought to know that its a possibility that the coaches may leave at some point. They should consider the school and not the coach running it. Some put a lot of emphasis on the "relationship" aspect of connecting with coaches, but when its usually the position coach establishing that relationship, they gotta know at some point they'll take an offer for a promotion, just like anyone else would. Honestly, I don't know why so many players get bent out of shape when it happens because it happens all the time.

I agree that this might not affect Ju Ju that much but you were just at the kids house yesterday and you got hired last night. If I was Ju Ju I would be pissed(not at ND but at Diaco).

I agree not NDs fault they have no control of a guy making a job to being a HC. This is more on Diaco. If he was really going for this position he should told Kelly take me off the road until there is a final decision so he doest have to go into kids houses and lie to them. I blame Diaco.

Question: You think he takes anyone from ND to be on his staff?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the contrary, it can be very easily be spun and sold to recruits that the fact that our coaches are so sought after reflects the strength of the program, and in particular, the development of coaches under Kelly.

I suspect there may be some defections from kids or parents not comfortable with the lack of stability that comes with a coordinator change, but if some of the rumors are to be believed, Diaco wasn't as active on the recruiting trail this year as in years' past (think the late night visit to I. Williams and the full court press to bring back Tuitt after his defection), but this is hardly a major crisis.

Very true I give you a:10:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this might not affect Ju Ju that much but you were just at the kids house yesterday and you got hired last night. If I was Ju Ju I would be pissed(not at ND but at Diaco).

I agree not NDs fault they have no control of a guy making a job to being a HC. This is more on Diaco. If he was really going for this position he should told Kelly take me off the road until there is a final decision so he doest have to go into kids houses and lie to them. I blame Diaco.

Question: You think he takes anyone from ND to be on his staff?

I saw where someone suggested Diaco has offered Mike Elston to be his DC. If true, that would worry me. Elston's a pretty good coach and one of our more active recruiters. I've heard that Diaco wasn't as active on the road this year and it could be because he was putting out feelers for HC gigs, but that is pretty smarmy to sit in a recruits home and represent that you're "not going anywhere." Talk about wrecking trust. I don't know of any other defectors, but I would think being a position coach with a chance to advance within the ND program would still be better than being a coordinator at a program like UConn, the AAC is sort of a "leftover" conference.

I'd like to see Elston get the promotion to DC at ND, some are saying it might be Elliot, who has DC experience, but also has major health issues so I am not sure the added stress will be welcome.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully this doesn't lead to too many assistant coaching defections to either program.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, we need to fill these sooner than later. They do not have to coach in the bowl game, but it would be nice to have them in place for the recruits. Who knows, maybe someone we hire will bring a recruit we did not have in the 1st place. I think BK will be able to keep the Offensive recruits on board, defense might be a little tougher now.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was ND I would try and get a proven DC. Go after Ed Orgeron(He would love to beat USC every year), Pat Narduzzie(Does a great job at Mich St.) or Ron Vanderline(was at PSU).

Ohohohhhhh ... I like the Orgeron idea!!! Hell yeah!!!!!

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it BK wants to hire with in so he does not lose anymore coaches or players. Makes sense. Unless we can land a big name from the SEC, which I do not see happening. Let BK call the offense this yr again, and get us a DC.