• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two tanks battle it out in the desert: TEX v ARI 9/7 & 8

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this stage I pass on the Moose. Doubt he would be better than Yonny is playing at the present. Also doubt they would want many relief pitchers we have in the BP. Moose will not be in our future and I don't see the need for him now but that is me.

ofcourse one would want to pass on Moose but if taking his contract on helps facilitate acquiring Tyler Stephenson I would be for it.
Their bullpen is terrible. Like 3rd worst in the majors yet they have one of the more solid teams in MLB.
I think they would be interested in guys like John King, Joe Barlow and Brett Martin, Leclerc and J Hernandez.
It would probably take a little more as well to get Stephenson though.
Former 1st round pick and showing to be a very good player. Could end up being one of the better catchers over the next 6 years or so IMO.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ofcourse one would want to pass on Moose but if taking his contract on helps facilitate acquiring Tyler Stephenson I would be for it.
Their bullpen is terrible. Like 3rd worst in the majors yet they have one of the more solid teams in MLB.
I think they would be interested in guys like John King, Joe Barlow and Brett Martin, Leclerc and J Hernandez.
It would probably take a little more as well to get Stephenson though.
Former 1st round pick and showing to be a very good player. Could end up being one of the better catchers over the next 6 years or so IMO.
I would even try to go after Tucker Barnhart their other catcher. They’re both starters
Barnhart won GG last year and is a .700+ ops catcher. I wouldn’t take on Moose in that deal but I would try to acquire one of those catchers.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would even try to go after Tucker Barnhart their other catcher. They’re both starters
Barnhart won GG last year and is a .700+ ops catcher. I wouldn’t take on Moose in that deal but I would try to acquire one of those catchers.
A catcher is under the microscope too. Hard to know what FO is thinking but we never know. Could happen.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they be willing to trade a player like that? If we had him would you be willing to trade him. I think they would want a significantly better package that what we got for Gallo.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of youngsters to keep an eye out for

only 18

Dominating the Dominican League. nice power

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they be willing to trade a player like that? If we had him would you be willing to trade him. I think they would want a significantly better package that what we got for Gallo.
Because they have needs. They are a playoff team. They already have a GG catcher in Barnhart. They probably want to get rid of moose. They need relief pitching and I’m sure they need more things than I’m not aware of.
It could happen if they were offered the right package

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have needs. They are a playoff team. They already have a GG catcher in Barnhart. They probably want to get rid of moose. They need relief pitching and I’m sure they need more things than I’m not aware of.
It could happen if they were offered the right package
Barnhart is a free agent in a year so they would most likely trade him as a rental instead of getting rid of the younger player.

There are usually good relievers available in free agency for them to go after. They could shop for one or two and then go and get a rental for fairly cheap at the next deadline, maybe even from us.

Last edited:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer Howard/Ronny Henriquez/Tim Brennan, IKF, Josh Smith/Duran and Brett Martin/Barlow
They would have to kick in 2 low A guys to even it out a bit.
It would be easier to make the trade after we acquire one of Story/Correa/Seager/Semien.

We’re going to have to make some trades to free up some roster room. Especially if they want to be “very active” in FA. I would rather trade somewhat decent players and get great players in and let somewhat less decent players be our depth. Vs hanging onto a bunch of decent depth and letting less than decent go while not being able to roster the great players.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnhart is a free agent in a year so they would most likely trade him as a rental instead of getting rid of the younger player.

There are usually good relievers available in free agency for them to go after They could shop for one or two and then go and get a rental for fairly cheap at the next deadline, maybe even from us.
I think they like Barnharts receiving/game calling/ GG defense. The money they save from Moose could go towards extending him an extra 2 years. They have 4 prospect catchers down on the farm as well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they like Barnharts receiving/game calling/ GG defense. The money they save from Moose could go towards extending him an extra 2 years. They have 4 prospect catchers down on the farm as well.
They are playing them pretty much 50-50 now so it doesn't seem that they prefer that but 50% of the time. If they are wanting to save money then wouldn't they keep the much cheaper catcher that they are already going with 50% of the time?

I think the kid would make a great addition to our team, but I think it would cost more than you expect and that it would short circuit our rebuilding plan. I think they would have to be bowled over if the kid is as good as you say he is, with that much control left.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are playing them pretty much 50-50 now so it doesn't seem that they prefer that but 50% of the time. If they are wanting to save money then wouldn't they keep the much cheaper catcher that they are already going with 50% of the time?

I think the kid would make a great addition to our team, but I think it would cost more than you expect and that it would short circuit our rebuilding plan. I think they would have to be bowled over if the kid is as good as you say he is, with that much control left.
You’re probably right but I would at least call them up and ask them what they would want in return. They’re playing Barnhart more. Vs RHP
Stephenson vs LHP
They’re sitting on 3 bad contracts right now, Suarez, Moose and Shogo.
They already have a 2xGG catcher who is only 30 and 4 of their top 30 prospects are catchers.
If they can dump a bad contract, add to their bullpen and more and then have money to address other needs they might be open.

Jonah Heim is hitting .271 with a .715 OPS vs LHP.

maybe Trade Brett Martin/Barlow, Jonah Heim, Spencer Howard/Allard and Duran/Ibanez/Solak

we would take on Moose’s contract as well. Which we can afford to do. Moose could easily come out and have an OPS close to .800 next year. He got injured in mid May and came back in august after 3 months and went straight into a cold spell.
Was hitting around .750 OPS before that

or we could just let Trevino go or trade him and find a catcher who hits RHP well

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could also look at Zack Collins of the whitesox. left hander who puts up an above average wRC+ vs RHP and who will most likely get better with an everyday job/as he matures.

Would probably cost a lot less as well.
Probably the smarter move too.

If you’re going to platoon any position based of RHP/LHP catching is probably thebest place to do it seeing as you don’t want to start them 160 games a year.

wonder what Collins would cost?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re probably right but I would at least call them up and ask them what they would want in return. They’re playing Barnhart more. Vs RHP
Stephenson vs LHP
They’re sitting on 3 bad contracts right now, Suarez, Moose and Shogo.
They already have a 2xGG catcher who is only 30 and 4 of their top 30 prospects are catchers.
If they can dump a bad contract, add to their bullpen and more and then have money to address other needs they might be open.

Jonah Heim is hitting .271 with a .715 OPS vs LHP.

maybe Trade Brett Martin/Barlow, Jonah Heim, Spencer Howard/Allard and Duran/Ibanez/Solak

we would take on Moose’s contract as well. Which we can afford to do. Moose could easily come out and have an OPS close to .800 next year. He got injured in mid May and came back in august after 3 months and went straight into a cold spell.
Was hitting around .750 OPS before that

or we could just let Trevino go or trade him and find a catcher who hits RHP well
What about signing Barnhart as a free agent in about 14 months?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00