• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Giant Players Hurt - Tush Push Play

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce > Pouncey. I think it's close, but that's my .02c

As for the tush push....don't care one way or the other. I do find it odd that the NFL has banned the same thing on the defensive side for "safety" reasons, but allows it on offense. Assuming that is the case, it would seem to me that it should be outlawed on offense if it is on defense...otherwise, they need to go back to allowing the defense to do the same thing.

exactly what i was saying.

It's silly and hypocritical of the nfl.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce > Pouncey. I think it's close, but that's my .02c

As for the tush push....don't care one way or the other. I do find it odd that the NFL has banned the same thing on the defensive side for "safety" reasons, but allows it on offense. Assuming that is the case, it would seem to me that it should be outlawed on offense if it is on defense...otherwise, they need to go back to allowing the defense to do the same thing.
The difference lies in that what you’re talking about isn’t even a defensive play. It’s a special teams play. The way OL are trained to protect FG and extra point kicks entail digging in and closing gaps in the creation of a wall with everyone protecting their inside gap at the snap. On sneak, the defense is working forward, not getting rooted in the ground. It’s not an apples to apples comparison when it comes to injury risk. If the concern is injury then the discussion should be about removing the QB sneak entirely from the game. I don’t think people are willing to go that far. The risk of injury isn’t increased with more force coming from the offense.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference lies in that what you’re talking about isn’t even a defensive play. It’s a special teams play. The way OL are trained to protect FG and extra point kicks entail digging in and closing gaps in the creation of a wall with everyone protecting their inside gap at the snap. On sneak, the defense is working forward, not getting rooted in the ground. It’s not an apples to apples comparison when it comes to injury risk. If the concern is injury then the discussion should be about removing the QB sneak entirely from the game. I don’t think people are willing to go that far. The risk of injury isn’t increased with more force coming from the offense.

Get rid of the sneak and throwing the ball away

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throwing the ball away is the softest thing you can do.
Nope. It’s smart football. Avoid a sack. Avoid a turnover. Avoid a hit. You’re a great guy. This bust out though is flirting with the short bus.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It’s smart football. Avoid a sack. Avoid a turnover. Avoid a hit. You’re a great guy. This bust out though is flirting with the short bus.

it should be grounding.

QBs are too damn protected.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t protect QBs because everybody wants to see a Marcus Mariota vs Josh Johnson and Jameis Winston vs Chad Henne double header. That’s a nice little Sunday.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t protect QBs because everybody wants to see a Marcus Mariota vs Josh Johnson and Jameis Winston vs Chad Henne double header. That’s a nice little Sunday.

Then get rid of ol and dl and just do 7 on 7s

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then get rid of ol and dl and just do 7 on 7s
Nah. What is it with you and always wanting to go to the extremes on everything? There’s a happy medium and they’ve employed that. It’s a physical game and they’ve done great things to try and make it safer. I don’t see the problem. Everybody plays under the same competitive rules.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. What is it with you and always wanting to go to the extremes on everything? There’s a happy medium and they’ve employed that. It’s a physical game and they’ve done great things to try and make it safer. I don’t see the problem. Everybody plays under the same competitive rules.

I don’t believe in giving certain players preferential treatment

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t believe in giving certain players preferential treatment
Are you even a sports fan? That condition exists in every sport. Bro….

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you couldn't throw the ball away Russell Wilson would not have had much of a career.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it should be grounding.

QBs are too damn protected.
Throwing it away also penalizes the team so I don't see a problem with it... They lose a down while gaining no yardage... They also could lose more if it's called for intentional grounding...

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell really cares about player's safety............about as much as Rob Manfred cares about cheating in major league baseball.
Goodell never cared about concussions, until there was overwhelming scientific proof of the danger. And football moms started pulling their kids out of peewee football. And he cares so much about NFL player's safety, he makes them play on Thursdays.
He is definitely a great humanitarian ..............at 64 million dollars a year. But he gives great hugs at the NFL draft and..............BJs to the owners.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing it away also penalizes the team so I don't see a problem with it... They lose a down while gaining no yardage... They also could lose more if it's called for intentional grounding...
And there are legitimate rules for the throw away. Have to be outside the pocket. Ball has to get beyond the line of scrimmage. Player can’t be “in the grasp” as determined by the official. Also…most of that doesn’t apply if there is a receiver within a reasonable vicinity.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell really cares about player's safety............about as much as Rob Manfred cares about cheating in major league baseball.
Goodell never cared about concussions, until there was overwhelming scientific proof of the danger. And football moms started pulling their kids out of peewee football. And he cares so much about NFL player's safety, he makes them play on Thursdays.
He is definitely a great humanitarian ..............at 64 million dollars a year. But he gives great hugs at the NFL draft and..............BJs to the owners.
please forget the Dallas team board and educate the masses here this season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Kelce is the best center of his generation. That’s not a GOAT?

Greatest Of All Time, not Greatest Of His Generation

There is one GOAT by definition, and there are some guys in the HOF that need to in that discussion.