• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tweaking your scheme

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Oregon game and seeing the redskin game it has become clear to me that unless you have the right top athlete your must tweak your scheme yearly. doesn't mean leaving your bread and butter plays you should always stay true to your style but you gotta have a couple aces to throw if teams figure you out.

Oregon problem is clear the line can't handle rough style play aka the Bama or stanford style . they still haven't figured out how to tweak or adjust to it .

skins are finding out that everyone went to their local college spread guru and figured out the spread that they were running . Now that their defense is crap they are seeing that no one is scared or clueless to what they are doing

why I bring this up? because Bo is still using old 08-09 concepts that don't work and he won't adjust or tweak it .football is and evolving sport everyone looking for the new edge . even though Oregon usually only has 1-2 losses a year they don't strike fear into teams with good defense or line play

if Bo could adjust or adapt or even tweak his system we would do wonders but he refuses . and while I don't have a coaching resume at all I can tell you that offense have figured out most defenses and now it's an arm race to find the right defend or players .

what works now might not work 2 to 3 years down the road football is always evolving. even the sec which was all power run game is now spread . If Bo can't see this I don't want to waste another year with him . I'll take 5-6 wins year one under a new coach and get better as we go than this 9-4 blowout bs.

just my long 2 cents let me know what you think

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happen to Nike U is what will happen to most smoke and mirrors offense's. Not only do they not play physical but the defense during practice doesn't play against physical play. So when they get punched in the face they can't handle it. Bama would have had their way with Nike U.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to popular belief Bo has tweaked his system a lot this year. We've run less 2-gap this season than we ever have. We've run a 34 defense, single high safety and a 3-3-5 defense this season. My issue is that he's changing so much kids are getting confused. I actualy think he should simplify... man-to-man on the edges with bracket coverage on every teams best receiver (the B1G doesn't have many "great" receivers) and stop the run.

Personnel decisions have been his downfall this season IMO... Santos at MIKE, Thad Randle starting and Harvey Jackson seeing more time than LeRoy Alexander or Charles Jackson. That's been his man issue IYAM.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to popular belief Bo has tweaked his system a lot this year. We've run less 2-gap this season than we ever have. We've run a 34 defense, single high safety and a 3-3-5 defense this season. My issue is that he's changing so much kids are getting confused. I actualy think he should simplify... man-to-man on the edges with bracket coverage on every teams best receiver (the B1G doesn't have many "great" receivers) and stop the run.

Personnel decisions have been his downfall this season IMO... Santos at MIKE, Thad Randle starting and Harvey Jackson seeing more time than LeRoy Alexander or Charles Jackson. That's been his man issue IYAM.

they come off as panic moves instead adjusting or maybe changing his whole system. Mix that with his complex system that takes a full good year to learn and like you said kids are confused

the personnel issue is nothing new. revolving door at LB spot, safety issues and why Randle gets playing time. I've gotten over that quick esp when Bo used to point out mistake by David even though he saved our 2010 n 2011 defense.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-3 single monster is the way to go.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NCAA games I always run a West Coast offense with a 3-4 multiple defense. I shit on everyone I play.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NCAA games I always run a West Coast offense with a 3-4 multiple defense. I shit on everyone I play.

I remember coaching against a guy who built his playbook from NCAA '97. Complete idiot. Fella thought he was Tom Osborne himself. Not so much after the beat down we laid on them.