• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Thoughts

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past when RBs would hit the pile and seem to have momentum stopped the refs would blow the play dead. Now they seem to allow the O Line and TEs, RBs QBs etc push the player forward until the goal line is crossed or the player is deemed down. Seems only fair if the D side of the ball can push him backward they should allow that until the player is down.

Thoughts.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past when RBs would hit the pile and seem to have momentum stopped the refs would blow the play dead. Now they seem to allow the O Line and TEs, RBs QBs etc push the player forward until the goal line is crossed or the player is deemed down. Seems only fair if the D side of the ball can push him backward they should allow that until the player is down.

Thoughts.
Leave forward progress as it is, otherwise a DT will pick up and carry your RB into the EZ for a safety.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave forward progress as it is, otherwise a DT will pick up and carry your RB into the EZ for a safety.
So why allow the piling on an pushing by the Guards and Tackles? Seems to me another rule to benefit the offense doesn't the NFL do enough of this already

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why allow the piling on an pushing by the Guards and Tackles? Seems to me another rule to benefit the offense doesn't the NFL do enough of this already
Refs are too stupid these days to know when to blow the whistle. An entire OL should not have 10 seconds to push a RB in the endzone, it really just isn't fair imo. You can't lay a pinky on a QB, yet you can do this kind of stuff.

Isn't it illegal to do this in college now after the Reggie Bush push?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK then tell the zebras to blow the whistle when the RB is stopped. The refs are too inconsistent on who they call games. I recall Roy Williams being lifted off of the ground, that should have been his progress has stopped then he gets the ball stripped and it's a fumble.
There's a lot of rules I don't care for in the NFL, but as long as it's called equally I'm OK with them.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This drives my Dad nuts. He states the exact same issues.

For me it is a non-issue. A throwback to rugby, which is a foundation sport for football. It is where the game happens to be at the moment. It will probably revert back to the previous state in a few years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK then tell the zebras to blow the whistle when the RB is stopped. The refs are too inconsistent on who they call games. I recall Roy Williams being lifted off of the ground, that should have been his progress has stopped then he gets the ball stripped and it's a fumble.
There's a lot of rules I don't care for in the NFL, but as long as it's called equally I'm OK with them.
That is another good point, players gang up to hold a player up then rip the ball out...like cmon.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs are too stupid these days to know when to blow the whistle. An entire OL should not have 10 seconds to push a RB in the endzone, it really just isn't fair imo. You can't lay a pinky on a QB, yet you can do this kind of stuff.

Isn't it illegal to do this in college now after the Reggie Bush push?
I don't blame the refs I blame the league. They write rules with to much interpretation to vague then try to hold refs responsible. Hire a dang technical writer and write the rules so they are specific not general.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is a nuts scenario