• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tuesday Practice notes:

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-pop saunders will be moving to safety, muschamp has been unimpressed by the tackling at that position

-said rainey, demps and burton are game ready and could play right now

-driskel has distanced himself as the backup qb

-roberson continues to impress, muschamp said he could very well start week 1 the way he's playing

-mccray is the current starter at sam linebacker

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-pop saunders will be moving to safety, muschamp has been unimpressed by the tackling at that position

-said rainey, demps and burton are game ready and could play right now

-driskel has distanced himself as the backup qb
-roberson continues to impress, muschamp said he could very well start week 1 the way he's playing

-mccray is the current starter at sam linebacker

as in a good way or a bad way?

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's surpassed Tyler Murphy, and holds the back up spot pretty firmly right now.

I honestly expect him to take the starting position from Brantley after 3 or 4 games, unless the coaching staff are determined to stick with Brantley all year.

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I honestly expect him to take the starting position from Brantley after 3 or 4 games, unless the coaching staff are determined to stick with Brantley all year.

I would prefer if Driskel just get some experience in clean up time while giving Brissett a RS.

I don't think we're going to be terrible, but we certainly aren't breaking any records this year. 9-3 before bowl season has been my guess, and I'm sticking to it. I think we will see considerable improvement from Brantley, but only to the level of a capable game manager. The difference between 7-5 and 10-2 is going to be our running game. If we can keep the little backs healthy, we should be lethal at times. Gilly should finally see some considerable time. He supposedly had a great scrimmage the other day getting over 200 rushing and breaking an 80 yarder.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer if Driskel just get some experience in clean up time while giving Brissett a RS.

I don't think we're going to be terrible, but we certainly aren't breaking any records this year. 9-3 before bowl season has been my guess, and I'm sticking to it. I think we will see considerable improvement from Brantley, but only to the level of a capable game manager. The difference between 7-5 and 10-2 is going to be our running game. If we can keep the little backs healthy, we should be lethal at times. Gilly should finally see some considerable time. He supposedly had a great scrimmage the other day getting over 200 rushing and breaking an 80 yarder.

Rainey and Demps have been a comfortable fit in the pro-style offense thus far, and according to UF coach Will Muschamp earlier in the week, they’ve been getting to the edge and producing big plays in camp.

“It’s a tailback-friendly offense,” Demps said. “It’s a run first, pass second offense. I think this year the running backs are going to get a lot of touches.”

In the spread offense the tailbacks lined up pretty much next to the quarterback five yards deep in the backfield. Now, Demps and Rainey are lining up seven yards deep.

Those two yards make a big difference, Demps said.

“You can actually see the holes developing and make your read,” Demps said. “You can read the linebackers and read the line and make cuts off it.”

Of course, how well they play in practice won't necessarily translate onto the field, but I'm optimistic.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3