• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tuel Time in Buffalo

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common sense says we will control this game, but weird crap happens too so you never know.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's someone on the Niners' board who swears by him, but not sure if he thinks that he'll be instantly good (his relief of Manuel was not after reps as starter) or developmentally. I'm sure either way starting against the Chiefs isn't a good opponent to start out against, especially if you are auditioning for another team (this is Manuel's team). But the harder it is, the bigger reward if you do well. So low risk, high chance of low reward vs. high risk, low chance of high reward? What would be your choice (if starting with your current team is not an option long term)?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's someone on the Niners' board who swears by him, but not sure if he thinks that he'll be instantly good (his relief of Manuel was not after reps as starter) or developmentally. I'm sure either way starting against the Chiefs isn't a good opponent to start out against, especially if you are auditioning for another team (this is Manuel's team). But the harder it is, the bigger reward if you do well. So low risk, high chance of low reward vs. high risk, low chance of high reward? What would be your choice (if starting with your current team is not an option long term)?

Not much of a choice to make, it pretty much has to be Tuel if Lewis, Manuel, and Kolb can't start. That, and I can't imagine Flynn grasping the playbook competently in what? Two weeks? I certainly agree that if Tuel plays well, there is going to be a high reward. Flynn is an excellent example of this (even if it has only worked out financially) there is a huge market for QB's in the NFL. Plenty of desperate teams in need of QB just about every year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like another favorable break for the Chefs. I am actually kind of ambivalent about it, though. On the one hand, I really want KC to lose; on the other, I wouldn't mind that first loss coming in Denver next week.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much of a choice to make, it pretty much has to be Tuel if Lewis, Manuel, and Kolb can't start. That, and I can't imagine Flynn grasping the playbook competently in what? Two weeks? I certainly agree that if Tuel plays well, there is going to be a high reward. Flynn is an excellent example of this (even if it has only worked out financially) there is a huge market for QB's in the NFL. Plenty of desperate teams in need of QB just about every year.

Oops, I wasn't clear. I meant if you were Tuel and were obviously not the future starter. Would you, as Tuel, rather play an easy defense it have a chance to show yourself against a D like KC? Obviously, there's a big risk of looking bad against us but also a wow factor. Playing well against a team who is bad doesn't get you much... unless you are Matt Flynn who got 25+ million for 2-3 games.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like another favorable break for the Chefs. I am actually kind of ambivalent about it, though. On the one hand, I really want KC to lose; on the other, I wouldn't mind that first loss coming in Denver next week.

KC had no film on Keenum and Schaub was in a rut; Fitzpatrick is a boom or bust guy against KC (Locker is better and more steady, but Fitz likes the deep ball). Pryor won the job so there's no difference between him and any other starter as far as being lucky. Peyton being in the division negates that anyway; he could have been a Niner but for KC, unluckily was not. Would you rather play Campbell over Weeden if you were the defense?

Today's game hasn't happened yet and Tuel is an unknown, so we'll see (but rather that than Manuel if I were the defense).

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, I wasn't clear. I meant if you were Tuel and were obviously not the future starter. Would you, as Tuel, rather play an easy defense it have a chance to show yourself against a D like KC? Obviously, there's a big risk of looking bad against us but also a wow factor. Playing well against a team who is bad doesn't get you much... unless you are Matt Flynn who got 25+ million for 2-3 games.

If I was Tuel, I would be happy for the opportunity, but the grim reality would be that it is extremely difficult and unlikely to do. I would honestly not be very confident at all, but still excited, I would probably be a deer in headlights if I were him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recievers must hate Smith or something... Sweet Jesus... should be a tie game at a minimum.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC had no film on Keenum and Schaub was in a rut; Fitzpatrick is a boom or bust guy against KC (Locker is better and more steady, but Fitz likes the deep ball). Pryor won the job so there's no difference between him and any other starter as far as being lucky. Peyton being in the division negates that anyway; he could have been a Niner but for KC, unluckily was not. Would you rather play Campbell over Weeden if you were the defense?

Today's game hasn't happened yet and Tuel is an unknown, so we'll see (but rather that than Manuel if I were the defense).

Very good point about QB's that are an unknown. It's happened to us a couple of times this season, so props to the coaching staff to go around that...

9-0 baby. Matches the best start by the Chiefs ever...!:yahoo:

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Cooper comes up huge...again. They have to force a few TO's against Denver to stay in it.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you'll definitely need an offensive TD lol

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like YOU'LL need E.M.T.'s ready for one Peyton Manning...:lol:

Red Doom's coming. You heard it here first...:yahoo:

Lol, I just hope Peypey and Donkbacks keep giving free lollipops to the defense... mmm I would love to see a pick six against PeyPey.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I just hope Peypey and Donkbacks keep giving free lollipops to the defense... mmm I would love to see a pick six against PeyPey.

Honestly I think the Chiefs need to model their defensive plan like the Colts did. Lots of close, tough man and turn Pay-Tons into a tackling dummy...

It'll be interesting to see what the coaching staff comes up with...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think the Chiefs need to model their defensive plan like the Colts did. Lots of close, tough man and turn Pay-Tons into a tackling dummy...

It'll be interesting to see what the coaching staff comes up with...

That has been the gameplan (it's no dirty secret) going back forever against PeyPey. Not many teams can do it, but I think we can fortunately. Hell, I remember a similar strategy in the 2010 season vs PeyPey and it worked out pretty well except for CASShole. Was also used against the 15-1 Packers team that had Rodgers playing lights out the entire year except for two games.