• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Try not to ever let the officials cost you a game

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the 49ers learned a valuable lesson yesterday. The officials screwed the pooch late in the game and it cost the 49ers.

I learned a long time ago when a late call cost my team a ballgame. My coach told me something I have kept with me all these years and I passed it on to the players I coached. He told me to never let the officials cost you a ballgame if you can help it. Dominate the game and a call should not hurt you late.

As you know sometimes that is not possible but the lesson is to cut the mistakes down to the point where a official can not screw you out of a game especially on the road where home cooking comes into play. The 49ers dominated on defense but the offense is a mess.

Burning timeouts

Crappy challenges

Confusion at the line of scrimmage

Kap is not picking up blitzes and his reads are poor right now

The inability for Kap to run out of the pocket for gains/ He seems timid out there

Boring play calling with no imagination/ I am not a Roman fan

The inability of WR to get open downfield

Dropped balls on offense

Bad penalty late on special teams

The 49ers made just enough mistakes to let the officials F it up for them. It may not seem fair but that's life.

All they can do now is clean up their game , get pissed off and try and dominate games from here out. It's uphill from now on this season but the 49ers have the talent to pull it off. It's going to be tough but that's life.

Go 49ers !!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The inability to put any kind of pressure on the QB.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely. I disagreed with the call on brooks, but thats not why we lost. We lost because our offense has been mostly ineffective.

But I will say the penalties that bothered me the most in that game, were the ones that were not called. I counted five or six times I saw a NO defender hold a WR or TE by grabbing his jersey right in front of a ref. Still, had we played only slightly better we would have won that game, and lets face it, we didn't play that good when looking at the game in its entirety . If teams are going to stack the box like that and we can't take advantage of it, we aren't going anywhere this year.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a QB, can we find one?

Harbaugh sucks at finding QB talent, unless he already has one on the roster *Luck, Smith*

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we lost because of that call. Game over if its our ball. In this case yes the refs cost us the game. Offense did fine in the 2nd half. Scored on 4 of 6 drives. Not bad. Defense played great. I cant blame them.

I do agree Kap needs to get better or it might be time to find another QB. Maybe its Roman

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bugs me the most is poor clock management. Maybe they should implement a hurry up offense like the early 90s Buffalo Bills. At least they're guaranteed to get a play off in time.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we lost because of that call. Game over if its our ball. In this case yes the refs cost us the game. Offense did fine in the 2nd half. Scored on 4 of 6 drives. Not bad. Defense played great. I cant blame them.

I do agree Kap needs to get better or it might be time to find another QB. Maybe its Roman

No they didn't. They scored only ten points. One on a 21 yard drive after a fumble and one field goal. The offense was shit in the second half.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bugs me the most is poor clock management. Maybe they should implement a hurry up offense like the early 90s Buffalo Bills. At least they're guaranteed to get a play off in time.

They had an intelligent QB in Jim Kelly, unfortunately we have a dumb ass like Kaepernick who makes just as many mental errors as physical ones.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had an intelligent QB in Jim Kelly, unfortunately we have a dumb ass like Kaepernick who makes just as many mental errors as physical ones.

Hurry up offense is a team effort. I'm sure it's hard but it can be done. As far as Kaepernick being mentally set back, they should probably commit to a play and not allow him to audible. Our playoff hopes are looking more dismal by the week. The team should work on this fundamental error. With luck, they may be more prepared for the playoffs. But for sure, eliminate this clock management issue by next season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurry up offense is a team effort. I'm sure it's hard but it can be done. As far as Kaepernick being mentally set back, they should probably commit to a play and not allow him to audible. Our playoff hopes are looking more dismal by the week. The team should work on this fundamental error. With luck, they may be more prepared for the playoffs. But for sure, eliminate this clock management issue by next season.

As someone said earlier, its not limited to Kaepernick, its much worse with Kaepernick, but we had this same problem when A. Smith was QB. It is the system Roman and Harbaugh use.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im telling you Im starting to think its Roman. Bad thing is Harbaugh is one of those guys that would be like if you let him go Im gone. Him and Roman are good friends. Maybe its time for Harbaugh to call the plays.

I don't know what to say. This team is just a mess right now